Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 10:57:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thesis in this months VL  (Read 6898 times)
Lindsay
« on: 18 December, 2011, 07:49:25 PM »

Following on from the Thema thread, I have bought the Thesis advertised in this months VL. Complexity of it scares me witless, but it has been on the "to do" list since it came out, so a great opportunity. It arrives in a couple of days, so a grand Christmas present from me, to me!
038tipo
Megaposter

« Reply #1 on: 21 December, 2011, 12:19:31 PM »

Lindsay.
Well done! I know you have been wanting one for a while, hope it is a good one, and you enjoy it.
Having a fight with FIAT about my roadwheels at the moment....
Paul.
Lindsay
« Reply #2 on: 21 December, 2011, 06:12:51 PM »

Thanks Paul. Just picked it up this evening. First impressions are excellent. Superb feel of quality. Interior as new. Pick up from the 20v turbo better than I anticipated. Very smooth, quiet. Immensely sharp brakes. Looking forward to giving it a true once over, clean and polish at the weekend. Very happy. Now, all I need is a set of the centenary alloys!

What is the story with your wheels?
Lindsay
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 21 December, 2011, 11:10:06 PM »

Thanks Paul. Just picked it up this evening. First impressions are excellent. Superb feel of quality. Interior as new. Pick up from the 20v turbo better than I anticipated. Very smooth, quiet. Immensely sharp brakes. Looking forward to giving it a true once over, clean and polish at the weekend. Very happy. Now, all I need is a set of the centenary alloys!

What is the story with your wheels?
Lindsay

Don't forget the photos so that I can turn a lovely shade of green again!

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
038tipo
Megaposter

« Reply #4 on: 01 January, 2012, 05:28:03 PM »

Lindsay.
I have had to replace two front whells again due to stress cracks on inside the rim, in my opinion the centenary whells and tyre combination are not up to normal use on normal roads ie bad at times and are ok for french motorways and billiard tables... my advice would be change to 17 inch Emblema wheels much more tyre between the wheel and road and inch smaller.
Glad you are liking your latest, have you looked for it yet on the da Vinci code??
Lindsay
« Reply #5 on: 02 January, 2012, 08:22:48 PM »

Hi Paul. That's not so good. I like the Emblema 17" wheels. Mine has the later 16" ones which aren't exciting to look at but I imagine will suit the ride best, so am happy with those. Not that there is much choice to get another set in the UK!
038tipo
Megaposter

« Reply #6 on: 04 January, 2012, 10:03:29 AM »

Lindsay.
I think you are right to stick with that wheel and tyre combo.
FIAT are refusing to admit that the wheels are prone to stress cracks, and they tell me that I bought them from a non official dealer as they have no support in UK, Car was not imported here etc when I have ordered the wheels from the only source you can get OE FIAT parts and it comes in to Warrington official parts distribution UK..... and they semm to think that I do not realise that they have not had a UK presence since 1994! Will have to pusue other avenues in Italy, as usual Slough are as good as an ashtray on a motorbike
038tipo
Megaposter

« Reply #7 on: 11 July, 2013, 03:26:17 PM »

Lindsay.
As per the ad I have had no enquiries on the Thesis so I will be taking it back to Italy next week to leave for sale there.
Do you know anyone who may be interested?
Regards,
Paul
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd