Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 10:54:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lancia Flaminia Super Sport Zagato 3C-1965...another Portuguese car  (Read 13175 times)
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #15 on: 11 December, 2011, 12:53:56 PM »

Divine and wonderful  indeed and more pics would be most  welcome!I expect bulk would be apparent to the driver of  a flaminia saloon .my PF seems  managable to me  as it is a similar length to my VW van (not to 'flash' either in its current cosmetic condition) do we currently  have many members  who are supersport owners in their twenties I wonder?also does anyone here know what became of the  bumperless light  blue rally spec touring bodied flaminia which was at RTCC a year or so ago?best regards richard

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
Sliding Pillar
Permanent resident

« Reply #16 on: 11 December, 2011, 04:12:35 PM »

OK a few more pics of the blue one....

1955 Aurelia
1961 Lamborghini
Sliding Pillar
Permanent resident

« Reply #17 on: 11 December, 2011, 04:14:02 PM »

and one of a Touring Convertible.

1955 Aurelia
1961 Lamborghini
Sliding Pillar
Permanent resident

« Reply #18 on: 11 December, 2011, 06:43:15 PM »

Some more, these were taken by http://www.martinphelps.com/.

1955 Aurelia
1961 Lamborghini
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #19 on: 12 December, 2011, 03:30:44 PM »

The GT is the one for me...  However I'd feel the need to 'scrub up nice' before driving it and would be a bit more self concious than in an Aurelia. 

One of the many wonderful things about the Aurelia was that it wasn't flash - in the sense that it would get a really positive response from everyone.  Within the subset of car enthusiasts it would be as strong from a hotrodder outside the Little Chef as the lady with the Moggie Minor at the garden centre.  As for those who really knew what it was you'd have to keep an eye on the time or the day would soon be gone.  It was a car to use a lot, no need to save it for a special occasion.

Back to Flaminas: in the Berlina they'd wonder where the chauffer had gone, with the PF if there was just the one body in the boot, and with the GT you'd be guessing at just how much luggage the misses packed for a short weekend away.  With the Supersports, to my eye, it would only look right parked up in London if it had Swiss plates.

David

David Laver, Lewisham.
williamcorke
Rebel Poster

B10

« Reply #20 on: 12 December, 2011, 04:32:32 PM »

The GT is the one for me...  However I'd feel the need to 'scrub up nice' before driving it and would be a bit more self concious than in an Aurelia.  

One of the many wonderful things about the Aurelia was that it wasn't flash - in the sense that it would get a really positive response from everyone.  Within the subset of car enthusiasts it would be as strong from a hotrodder outside the Little Chef as the lady with the Moggie Minor at the garden centre.  As for those who really knew what it was you'd have to keep an eye on the time or the day would soon be gone.  It was a car to use a lot, no need to save it for a special occasion.

Back to Flaminas: in the Berlina they'd wonder where the chauffer had gone, with the PF if there was just the one body in the boot, and with the GT you'd be guessing at just how much luggage the misses packed for a short weekend away.  With the Supersports, to my eye, it would only look right parked up in London if it had Swiss plates.

David

Great observations.  It struck me me when I got a B20 about 6 years ago (having come from Flaminia land - PF and GT) that the Aurelia had a wider appeal.  One incident among many that really sticks in my mind was when a 5 year old boy approached me in a farm shop car park asking "is it really yours, how fast will it go?" (aka 'what'll she do Mister?'.)  It made me think there must be something universal about some car shapes; that the 'iconography' doesn't have to be taught or learned.  The kid was responding to a 50 year old car without having any idea how old it was or what it was.

Once I had the B20, I couldn't look at the Flam GT without thinking how dreadful the packaging was!  It's a lot of car for two passengers.  Elegant in their way though (as the Flam PF's are, in their way, from some angles, a bit frumpy looking).
« Last Edit: 12 December, 2011, 05:58:11 PM by williamcorke » Logged

'37 Aprilia
'50 B10
'53 B20
'68 Flavia Vignale
'55 Giulietta Sprint
S1 Land Rover
zagatoboy
« Reply #21 on: 12 December, 2011, 07:30:01 PM »

What stunning and beautiful car's they all are, way ahead of their time in both look's and the way they drive Cool
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #22 on: 12 December, 2011, 08:54:29 PM »

What stunning and beautiful car's they all are, way ahead of their time in both look's and the way they drive Cool

Quite delightful!

A contact in Italy has 4 wheels and also a set of four studded snow tyres for the same for sale........am not expecting any interest whatsoever for the studded tyres .....Wink

PM me

P

Frank Gallagher
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #23 on: 16 December, 2011, 05:02:59 PM »

The car got to £42K...then I think it was pulled...anyone know anything else?

P

Frank Gallagher
B20B24

« Reply #24 on: 17 December, 2011, 08:22:45 PM »

The great party trick of the Touring bodied GT is that slender and exotic roof line - to die for (but lost in the GTL).
Clive

'58 B20 S6
'53 B20 S3
'67 Fulvia Sport
Sliding Pillar
Permanent resident

« Reply #25 on: 05 January, 2012, 01:15:22 PM »

The Flaminia Supersport is now for sale with Marreyt Classics in Belgium, 132,000euro
 http://www.marreyt-classics.com/stockdetail.cfm?ID=584

1955 Aurelia
1961 Lamborghini
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #26 on: 05 January, 2012, 01:55:16 PM »

A slight markup from the £42K it reached on ebay......so I assume he made him and offer he couldn't refuse, so it was pulled..happens regularly

P

Frank Gallagher
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd