Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 04:33:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Y10 Manifold and Rear Brake Balance/Compensator Valve  (Read 2726 times)
LanciAlan
Megaposter

« on: 21 November, 2011, 12:56:31 PM »

My Y10 FIRE is due for its thrice-rescheduled NCT (Irish equivalent of MOT) in a couple of weeks. I could go on without it indefinitely, as I have been so far, serially postponing the test date since a written indication (or even a text message) of having an appointment is sufficient to keep the law at bay. I even won a discount hotel weekend away the third time I rescheduled!

I've done nearly all the other jobs on the previous test failure list and its time to bite the bullet and get the car tested before the drink-driving season is upon us and they clamp down on every infringement.

There is a leak from the rear brake balance/compensator valve and the spare I fitted also leaks. I have temporarily misplaced the removed item so I don't have a part number but if I recall it is pretty widespread in its application to Fiats and Lancias of a particular vintage (Mirafiori/Beta onwards).

Does anyone have a definitive fix on a suitable substitute - I am thinking Panda/Uno - or do you have one available for sale?

Also require a new manifold (apparently used ones crack) for the 1.0 FIRE engine - its a 4 into 2 design that mates up with a 2 into 1 downpipe.

Thanks

Alan
« Last Edit: 21 November, 2011, 05:35:11 PM by LanciAlan » Logged

Alan Murphy

Lancias that begin with "F" ... and affordable variants beginning with "Z" and "P" ..... and now with added "Y"!
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 21 November, 2011, 11:27:36 PM »

Hi alan,
Only place I could find a compensator http://www.axel-augustin.de/shop2/Fiat-ab-Bj-1985-bis-Bj-2003/Fiat-Fiorino/ABS-Sensoren-Bremse-Vakuumpumpen/Bremskraftregler-und-Zubehoer:::2_111_47784_47795.html?language=en

Below is what else it was used on.

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
LanciAlan
Megaposter

« Reply #2 on: 22 November, 2011, 10:44:48 AM »

Thankyou Brian, that is undoubtedly the part and the two part numbers in your attachment should provide the key to further supplies of it. I got to this point before with both the manifold and the brake valve but ran into the sand on availability/price. I will re-apply myself now.

I am most grateful for your effort ... all I need to do now is find one at the right price as €52 plus postage plus a manifold is just too much to be spending on a car that is supposed to be saving me money!

Coincidentally, flow of brake fluid from the replacement unit I fitted seems to have slowed down of late - maybe the seal has expanded in use having been removed from a car that was laid up for a long while. Well, either that or the the brake fluid reservoir level sensor/light have failed - daily visual inspection is slightly hampered by the fact that the reservoir is under the spare wheel!

Many thanks again

Alan

Alan Murphy

Lancias that begin with "F" ... and affordable variants beginning with "Z" and "P" ..... and now with added "Y"!
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 22 November, 2011, 01:44:52 PM »

alan,
pleased to help, have you seen the advert for the Y10 going free?
http://www.lancia.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=4553.0

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd