Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 02:03:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mike Matthews  (Read 12162 times)
David Bieda

« Reply #30 on: 02 December, 2011, 09:03:01 PM »

Mike Matthews - A Tribute

Thanks to Stuart Wilson for posting the Lancia Centenary pic which I failed to do twice (and my wording disappeared!).

The attendance at Mike’s funeral today and the distances travelled by some members of the LMC were the greatest possible tribute to Mike’s memory. A man who was held in affection by everyone who knew him and I’m not sure if he realised just how much affection whilst he was with us.

Mike played a key role in both the Covent Garden Piazza events – the Flavia 40th in 2003 and our Centenary in 2007. We had very many meetings in my house and Mike attended them all plus other times when he came round to hone his immensely helpful flow charts which kept us all on track. I remember one occasion when we started discussing which models to choose - Mike opened his lap top and hey presto they were all there.

It was a great honour and pleasure to chair both event committees and to work with a wonderful group of people all of whom contributed (as we all know not always the case with committees). I’m sure Colin Marr has not forgotten his days on double yellow lines and the arcane Fiat funding procedures. By the same token none of us will ever forget Mike’s contribution to two great events.

When he worked near me we met for drinks and some meals and the greatest tribute I can pay is to say that he was eternally positive, a great companion, never spoke a negative word, and was a great team player. It was a pleasure to have known and worked with Mike. A man who will remain our memories for many years.

David Bieda

Donald

« Reply #31 on: 04 December, 2011, 07:51:50 PM »

I have just returned from an overseas break. I was devastated to find a message on my phone, from Bruce Beattie, informing me of Mikes death. Very sad. I first met Mike, about thirty years ago, when he joined the Hampshire meeting, which was then at Stoney Cross, in the New Forest. Mike was a very likeable and enthusiastic member, and he went on to become very important person in the organising of the Clubs events. I shared his Aurelia a couple of times on GNW drives. I think his last one was a couple of years ago, when he accompanied Stuart and me in my new Delta. Alas that was the last weekend I would see him. A tragic loss

Donald   

Nuova Delta
Kappa Coupe 2.4 20V
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd