Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 06:53:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Linked Events
  • Scottish Italian Car and Bike : 12 August, 2012
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Scottish Italian Car and Bike day - 12th August 2012  (Read 7432 times)
Julia
Lapsed

The Illusionist

« on: 22 November, 2011, 03:46:54 PM »

The event will be on 12th August 2012 at Hopetoun House South Queensferry Near Edinburgh.

http://www.italiancarandbikeday.co.uk/

Paul Santoni
psantoni@btinternet.com
stuwilson128
Non-LMC Seller
Rebel Poster

« Reply #1 on: 10 July, 2012, 11:08:28 AM »

I have been contacted by the organisor for the Scottish Italian Car and Bike Day, Paul Santoni.  He is keen to see more Lancias at the show this year.  I have attended this show for the last two years and in my opinion it is much better than any of the Auto Italia days that I have been to!  Most of Pauls email is copied below.

"We have had far too few Lancias at our event! I am very biased though as my first classic car was a Fulvia 1.3 series 3.
I very much regret to say that I sadly agree with TopGear and that I do think that Lancia is the most innovative car company in history, very closely followed by Citroen.
Could you do anything possible to promote our event and get as many Lancias as possible there?
Last year we had about 350 cars and bikes and about 1800 public visiting. We are working hard on relevant trade stands and food.
For those who have not been before, the venue is one of the UK's best stately homes. It is open for visits for those who have less interest in cars but come along! Subject to a small additional charge.

http://www.hopetoun.co.uk/

Our event is very relaxed and informal, with no amplified sound or commentary to annoy people! We have an informal concourse using our own criteria. As in, 'not the most polished car 'etc. Last year an Integrale won the car category.
This video from the 2010 event may give an idea:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZbnTbNNyhM "

* 2012 Italian Day.jpg (51.57 KB, 339x479 - viewed 428 times.)

Stuart Wilson 11175
1973 Fulvia Coupe 1.3
2000 Lybra SW 2.4JTd
2009 Delta 1.9 Twin Turbo
paulqv
Event Organiser

« Reply #2 on: 23 July, 2012, 04:12:58 PM »

Many thanks Stuart for your support with this!

We recently produced a video of last years event which is more current and gives a better idea of what to expect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9Zm94sqxNg

If anyone has any more questions about the day, however small, or would like to organise a club stand please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Regards,
Paul
Colin

« Reply #3 on: 23 July, 2012, 07:11:16 PM »

I took 2 cars 2 years ago but was not here last year. Sorry to sound as if I am out of the loop, but if knew who was likely to be going along would be easier to persuade my wife Susan to drive one of my cars-otherwise will be restricted to taking one.

Now that the Selkirk rally has been cancelled in September, not many shows  left in the south of Scotland apart from Biggar, and that I understand that rally has a strict age of cars policy which excludes my cars and therefore me!

Who out there is thinking of going?

Whatever the weather the parking is on tarmac or hard standing so it is unlikely to be affected by the weather!

Cheers,

Colin Blaikie.
Donald

« Reply #4 on: 23 July, 2012, 07:52:54 PM »

Thanks for that Stuart. I got a similar message from Paul, but have been away on my travels again. It had already been posted on the website, and VL. I will go again this year, probably with my Kappa Coupe.

Nuova Delta
Kappa Coupe 2.4 20V
Angle Grinder
Megaposter

« Reply #5 on: 01 August, 2012, 10:28:21 AM »

I think I've managed to negotiate a day off with the wife so you should see me there in either a Thema V6 Series 2 or a Flavia Coupe. Any preference?  Roll Eyes

Would like to meet some other Flavia owners so I can gauge how well my 1800 coupe measures up as my only bench marks are 2000 coupes.

Is it OK to turn up later than 10:30am and still get into the display area or does that mean ploughing down spectators?

Current Cars: 1994 2.0 VIS Thema Station Wagon, 1967 Flavia 1.8 PF Coupe.

Previous cars:
1983 Prisma 1600
1991 Thema 16v i.e. SE
1988 Thema 8v Turbo
1992 Thema 16v i.e.
1983 Gamma Coupe (manual)
1993 Thema VIS
1994 Thema VIS LE
1990 Thema 2.8
Colin

« Reply #6 on: 01 August, 2012, 04:06:52 PM »

Hopefully Donald can confirm his experiences last year-2 years ago we turned up about 10 ish and as a result were parked  a few feet from the general group of Lancias although it did mean that my Gamma coupe still features in the general shot from that day that they are still using!

Probably will take Gamma this year although not yet decided-my other options are HPE VX or Thema but know Paul the organiser would prefer to see the Gamma!

Colin. 
Donald

« Reply #7 on: 03 August, 2012, 02:50:54 PM »

Officially we should be there by 10.30, but there were cars turning up much later. We had a large space reserved for our lancias last year, but not many turned up. I hope we have more this year. Selkirk event is cancelled, so that may help. I am informed that there will be more trade stands this year. Entry is £5.00, but keep your ticket, as it entitles you to a reduction, on the entry charge to the big hoose.   

Nuova Delta
Kappa Coupe 2.4 20V
paulqv
Event Organiser

« Reply #8 on: 03 August, 2012, 07:56:07 PM »

hi everyone,

great to see some of you planning on coming along.

Just to let you know of a great competition we are now running giving you the opportunity to win a free mini detail and paint correction for your car on the day of the event.

COMPETITION: Our friend Richard over RGK Detailing http://www.rgkdetailing.com/ has a great prize for one lucky owner of an Italian Car/Bike. As part of his demonstrations at the event, the winner of the competition will receive a mini detail + have any paint defects removed from their vehicle. To qualify for the competition you need to have your vehicle at the event from 10am-3pm.

To enter, just reply to the post on our facebook page with your make and model of car/bike – easy!

LINK: http://www.facebook.com/ItalianCarandBikeDay/posts/486113574750298

The competition will close at 23.59 on Sunday 5th of August and the winner will be chosen at random the next day and announced on our facebook page. If you have any questions about the competition please contact the detailer.
roddy

« Reply #9 on: 05 August, 2012, 10:54:03 PM »

Hopefully the weather will not be like it has been in certain parts of Scotland today (Sunday) - short sharp torrential downpours.......
I will be there though, in the Fulvia 1600HF

Regards - Roddy

Roddy Young
Dunfermline, Fife

1970 Fulvia Sport S1 1.3S
paulqv
Event Organiser

« Reply #10 on: 11 August, 2012, 11:07:45 AM »

The event is close upon us now and the weather is looking good! Just time to show you a great write up we received yesterday in The Scotsman newspaper (see here http://www.scotsman.com/lifestyle/motoring/top-stories/rare-italian-stallions-are-rounded-up-for-a-day-at-hopetoun-house-1-2461079).

Once again, there is no need to register simply turn up before 10am if you would like to exhibit your car in front of the house for all to see!

Paul
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd