Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
19 March, 2024, 06:38:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Victory by Design. Lancia D50 on Discovery Turbo.  (Read 3716 times)
GT

« on: 16 November, 2011, 06:15:14 PM »

If you are not doing much at 4pm in the afternoon the Discovery Turbo TV channel is running the 'Victory by Design' series introduced by Alain de Cadenet. The 'Grand Prix Greats' episode covers the period 1908 to 1960 and shows some footage from the GP's of 1955 and 1956 featuring the D50. Possibly, even better still is Alain de Cadenet driving a D50 with a camera on board and the sound of the V8 at perhaps not quiet full throttle. Fabulous, easily the best sounding car of that episode.   
http://multimedia.foxsports.com/m/video/31271259/victory-by-design-ferrari-d50.htm
Try this link I found to see the exact highlight, I hope it works! The series is repeated so try and catch it.
Cheers.
Gerard Thorp 

Gerard Thorp.
2012 Musa 1.4 Bi-Colore Platino.
Previous liaisons with a Fulvia Berlinetta, Beta 1.4 saloon, 4 Delta's, Dedra 1.8, Elafantino Rosso Ypsilon and 2 Ypsilon 1.3 diesels.
the.cern
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 16 November, 2011, 06:53:02 PM »

What a brilliant clip, well done and thank you Gerard for making that available to us. It was good to see Lancia getting the credit for the car, although the driving clip was spoilt by the sight of the prancing horse, but the sound .......

Andy
SteveGales
Megaposter

« Reply #2 on: 16 November, 2011, 07:34:09 PM »

Great clip, I've seen most of the 'individual marque' episodes but not this one. It is a great series, beautifully filmed.

Most of the tesing footage was filmed on Sir Anthony Bamford's (of JCB fame) estate and I would hazard a guess the D50 is
his and the one normally run at the Goodwood Revival .If I remember correctly Alain de Cadenet drove it at this year's event.

I agree Andy the sound is fantastic and like nothing else!

Steve
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 16 November, 2011, 11:26:58 PM »

Thanks Gerard,
Great example of the sound of tearing Calico. Shocked

This example I think of the D50A was the one that was being built in Jim Stokes Workshop and in bare metal when we went on a visit a number of years ago with the Thema Consortium, we were told we weren't to take photos of it as it was still secret, I did and I'll have to dig out the one I have, that I've never posted anywhere before.

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 17 November, 2011, 11:50:55 AM »

Indeed a lovely "urgent" sound to it.  WHAT a machine...

David

David Laver, Lewisham.
GG
Megaposter

« Reply #5 on: 17 November, 2011, 02:07:21 PM »

Oh my. That gets the heart rate going. Its like re-ordering the priorities of the day, what one wouldn't give to see/hear/drive that baby. Fantastic and well done.

B20 s.2, Appia C10, Flavia 2000
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd