Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 05:14:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fulvia Windscreen Wiper / Washer Assembly  (Read 4142 times)
Tim Ray
Lapsed

« on: 04 November, 2011, 02:20:44 PM »

Hoping somebody can help me.
My wiper/ washer assembly has packed up, so decided it was time for an overhaul.
How do you remove / replace the brown wire which is connected to the operating stalk.
Having removed the black plastic "switch" at the end of the stalk, I can see a circlip washer, which perhaps holds a  shaft in place. At the moment I'm reluctant to remove this or use any force in trying to separate the two halves of the stalk, even assuming this is possible and necessary.
Many thanks
Tim
nistri
Megaposter

« Reply #1 on: 08 November, 2011, 01:12:46 PM »

I guess you have an S2/3 Fulvia. First, make sure that the wiper motor turns OK by connecting a 12 v source  (battery charger) to it. Second, you should remove the two plastic surrounds around the steering column, then undo the slotted nut and you can extract the switch assembly (watch out for the ground lead which may have to be cut and reconnected later with two terminal connnectors). You can check it on the bench: its contacts can be dirty or broken. Many, many years ago (in the 80s I think to recall) the LMC mag run articles on how to check the operation of the light and wipers switches. Andrea.

Andrea Nistri

Ardea S2
Appia S2
Fulvia GTE
Fulvia Sport 1.3 S
Fulvia Montecarlo
Fulvia Coupe 1.3 S
Tim Ray
Lapsed

« Reply #2 on: 08 November, 2011, 08:42:50 PM »

I guess you have an S2/3 Fulvia. First, make sure that the wiper motor turns OK by connecting a 12 v source  (battery charger) to it. Second, you should remove the two plastic surrounds around the steering column, then undo the slotted nut and you can extract the switch assembly (watch out for the ground lead which may have to be cut and reconnected later with two terminal connnectors). You can check it on the bench: its contacts can be dirty or broken. Many, many years ago (in the 80s I think to recall) the LMC mag run articles on how to check the operation of the light and wipers switches. Andrea.

Many thanks Andrea - Does anybody have a copy of the articles to which Andrea refers? Would be happy to reimburse expenses for printing and postage.
Regards
Tim
nistri
Megaposter

« Reply #3 on: 09 November, 2011, 07:43:18 AM »

I might have them somewhere in my archives, but I would have thought that the LMC librarian should be able to supply them. If you get stuck, I will try to help. It was a couple of articles and I  remember that one would need a good AVO meter to check the correct operation of all switch positions on the bench. Andrea

Andrea Nistri

Ardea S2
Appia S2
Fulvia GTE
Fulvia Sport 1.3 S
Fulvia Montecarlo
Fulvia Coupe 1.3 S
lancialulu
Press Officer
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 09 November, 2011, 09:14:29 AM »

Hi Tim

Last resort I know Omicron have a rig to repair these switch arms.

I have done these my self from first principles (and having a second arm as a copy!) but hey are rick but not beyond anyone with a small soldering iron etc.

Tim

Its not the winning but taking part! or is it taking apart?
Lancias:
1955 Aurelia B12
1967 Fulvia 1.3HFR
1972 Fulvia 1600HF
1972 Fulvia Sport 1600
1983 HPE VX
1988 Delta 1.6GTie
1998 Zeta 21.  12v
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 09 November, 2011, 02:43:31 PM »

How about a s/hand switch/stalk  assembly.I may have some in my jumble stock.richard

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
Tim Ray
Lapsed

« Reply #6 on: 09 November, 2011, 05:02:10 PM »

Richard  Many thanks for your offer. If I can't get one of mine working, I'll be in touch.
Regards
Tim
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd