Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 08:13:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Latest FIAT Bungle with brand  (Read 7183 times)
038tipo
Megaposter

« on: 12 October, 2011, 11:30:29 AM »

Hi all , just wanted to vent my disappointment with the latest decisions made on where the brand is going since the tie up with Chrysler.
It appears it is not enough to use the names of past Lancias which frankly is insulting, I hear the next major car show in Italy will have a Lancia stand which will be full of Jeep cars for a celebration...and worse than that, there will be a future model wearing the HF Elephant logo...come on that is ridiculous as it will not have any form of sporting flavour or heritage!
Where is my valium??
Paul. Cry
thecolonel
« Reply #1 on: 12 October, 2011, 11:35:48 AM »

I don't think valium will Br strong enough, I'd
suggest travelling via Ryanair and collecting as
many sickbags as you can....I think you'll need them.
Jolly_Club_6
« Reply #2 on: 12 October, 2011, 11:45:38 AM »

Fiat showing they really are tasteless,  Embarrassed would not be surprised to see some person waiting in the wings with a bag of coloured dye ready to meet the offending vehicle. Grin Wink
Lancia only ever brought Fiat success and this is how they repay them.
Maybe the Arbarth badge will be the next to go. Roll Eyes
zagatoboy
« Reply #3 on: 12 October, 2011, 01:43:42 PM »

just another manufacturer trying to cash in on the retro / historic scene with modern piles of s**t!
fensaddler
Lapsed
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 12 October, 2011, 10:44:34 PM »

If this is an intention to use Jeep platforms to provide Lancia with soft roaders and SUVs, the acceptability will depend on how good a job is done to develop the cars from the Jeep platform into Lancia versions.  If its little more than badge engineering, its unlikely to be great - but it depends also on the extent to which there is co-development of the platforms which benefits the quality and the engineering integrity of both brands.  Fiat Group involvement has already improved the latest Jeep products substantially, even if they still have some way to go.

Chris Owen
1987 Delta 1.3LX
2012 Skoda Yeti 112TSi 4WD
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 12 October, 2011, 11:57:04 PM »

If this is an intention to use Jeep platforms to provide Lancia with soft roaders and SUVs, the acceptability will depend on how good a job is done to develop the cars from the Jeep platform into Lancia versions.  If its little more than badge engineering, its unlikely to be great - but it depends also on the extent to which there is co-development of the platforms which benefits the quality and the engineering integrity of both brands.  Fiat Group involvement has already improved the latest Jeep products substantially, even if they still have some way to go.
not too long ago I thought Lancia and Alfa were looking at building their own 4x4's so if that was the case it's just that Jeep will now supply them, which is no different from the use of other models and names, but it's still no justification for using the HF Logo, that should be reserved for the integrale version which is supposed to happen in about 18 months.
Brian
8227 Cool
« Last Edit: 13 October, 2011, 12:02:33 AM by fay66 » Logged

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
fensaddler
Lapsed
Permanent resident

« Reply #6 on: 14 October, 2011, 07:21:18 PM »

If this is an intention to use Jeep platforms to provide Lancia with soft roaders and SUVs, the acceptability will depend on how good a job is done to develop the cars from the Jeep platform into Lancia versions.  If its little more than badge engineering, its unlikely to be great - but it depends also on the extent to which there is co-development of the platforms which benefits the quality and the engineering integrity of both brands.  Fiat Group involvement has already improved the latest Jeep products substantially, even if they still have some way to go.
not too long ago I thought Lancia and Alfa were looking at building their own 4x4's so if that was the case it's just that Jeep will now supply them, which is no different from the use of other models and names, but it's still no justification for using the HF Logo, that should be reserved for the integrale version which is supposed to happen in about 18 months.
Brian
8227 Cool

The larger of the two Alfa/Jeep SUVs has apparently been canned in favour of a Maserati to take on the Porsche Cayenne (talk about a pointless market segment - fast, intimidating trucks...), but I think a smaller SUV is still planned.  How this fits with any plans for Lancia is anyone's guess - model plans in the Fiat empire appear to change almost weekly at present, at least if one believes the motoring press.

Chris Owen
1987 Delta 1.3LX
2012 Skoda Yeti 112TSi 4WD
Alan Temple

« Reply #7 on: 16 October, 2011, 05:40:04 PM »

Slapping HF badges on Jeeps is a new low. Whatever next.  Huh?
Scarpia
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

« Reply #8 on: 17 October, 2011, 11:33:49 AM »

I recall saying that this would all end in tears...but maybe it was going to in any case.
Saying (Chris) it will depend on how good a job they do will determine how acceptable it is to have a lancia badged jeep doesn't wash with me.Why would anybody (let alone a car manufacturer) spend any more than the have to to get a model ,in the showroom? Slightly toned down interior and revamped grill/badge ; job done.So the basics will remain the same , everybody offended and low sales.And I can confirm that the delta looks significantly less attractive with its proud new Chrysler grill...

ian
« Reply #9 on: 27 October, 2011, 09:49:13 PM »

in my local paper today, half page feature on the new Epsilon, titled........"Major player back with a new model, thanks to Fiat".........
lancialulu
Press Officer
Permanent resident

« Reply #10 on: 28 October, 2011, 09:52:07 AM »

Drove past the "Mistubushi" dealer in Nice which has above its show room the Brands Chrysler, Jeep, and in a temporary way hung up Lancia. Am I thinking Lancia hasnt been a brand sold direct to the French. All very odd.

Tim

Its not the winning but taking part! or is it taking apart?
Lancias:
1955 Aurelia B12
1967 Fulvia 1.3HFR
1972 Fulvia 1600HF
1972 Fulvia Sport 1600
1983 HPE VX
1988 Delta 1.6GTie
1998 Zeta 21.  12v
GG
Megaposter

« Reply #11 on: 28 October, 2011, 12:31:17 PM »

Someone once posted a picture of a proposal for a larger Lancia, kind of a smaller Maserati Qporte, with some good styling clues, and a nice combination of taste, more modest than the Maser, and yet upscale. Seemed like a great image and market slot for Lancia - really got excited for a moment. Too bad the boys in charge missed that signal.

B20 s.2, Appia C10, Flavia 2000
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #12 on: 28 October, 2011, 01:44:51 PM »

Someone once posted a picture of a proposal for a larger Lancia, kind of a smaller Maserati Qporte, with some good styling clues, and a nice combination of taste, more modest than the Maser, and yet upscale. Seemed like a great image and market slot for Lancia - really got excited for a moment. Too bad the boys in charge missed that signal.

Surprise Surprise, what's new Geoff Cry

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Paul Greenway
Megaposter

« Reply #13 on: 28 October, 2011, 05:32:21 PM »

Jeeps are Jeeps, they are like Land Rovers- synonomous with Off roading. This is what they do best and should be marketed by Fiat as such to rival Freelanders, Evoques, Defenders, Discoverys & Range Rover Sports in the £25K to £50K market
As long as Fiat owns Alfa Romeo, then Alfas should be sold as the sporting brand with models between £20 & £60k to rival Scirrocos, Audi TT & RS's, Lotus and Porsche Boxters/Caymans.
Fiats should be small cars where they excel between £8k & £20k to rival Ka's, Fiestas & Focus's.
Lancia should be in the £20k to £60k luxury  market to rival M-B A/B/C/E/CLS & R-Classes in all their incarnations.
Maserati should be in the prestigious between £60k & £150k to rival 911's, Cayennes & Panamera's.
Ferrari should be in the £150K plus bracket to rival Lamborghini, McClaren, Pagani & Co.

As for Chrysler/Dodge, well they should not be in the UK they should stay in the states selling Sebrings & Crossfires and 300C's.

Of course this is only my opinion

1972 Fulvia Sport 1600

Previous- 78 Montecarlo, 83 HPE VX, 88 integrale, 89 Delta GTie, 90 Y10GTie, 90 Dedra 2.0ieSE, 91 HF Turbo, 91 integrale 16v, 09 Thesis Centenario, 12 Delta 2.0M-J
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd