Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 09:12:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Barn Find Aurelia - Ebay  (Read 37449 times)
the.cern
Permanent resident

« Reply #60 on: 04 January, 2012, 09:37:24 AM »

Great celebrations are the order of the day !!!!!!!!  You may have a real beanfeast tonight !!!!!!!!!

Such excellent news Frank, typical car delivery weather, just another little touch in the whole saga.

I can't wait to see the photos and hear of the first impressions !

And now, as they say, let battle commence ......

Andy
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #61 on: 04 January, 2012, 09:54:12 AM »

It was more relief than anything else, getting her tucked up and thinking should I use my sons industrial sized fan to create a drying Dyson like wind to dry her off or what, my mechanic said, she'll be alright.

So after the cold and awkwardness of it all, my hands don't seem too keen on handling/pushing cold wet metal, they were glowing hot on the steering wheel on the way home.....a funny sensation!

Am going to check her later......but still awfully wet over here today

P

Frank Gallagher
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #62 on: 04 January, 2012, 03:29:17 PM »

Hoping these resized pics load up.........deep breathe everyone.......

Frank Gallagher
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #63 on: 04 January, 2012, 03:34:15 PM »

....a few more.........

Frank Gallagher
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #64 on: 04 January, 2012, 03:37:07 PM »

...last few.....

Frank Gallagher
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #65 on: 04 January, 2012, 09:24:32 PM »

Frank,
That should keep you out of trouble for a fair while Shocked
Looks quite good overall, be nice to see what she looks like after a clean up.
Good Luck.

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #66 on: 04 January, 2012, 10:50:31 PM »

Agreed, not put too tight a schedule on it, providing the body work is doable, ie when stripped down its just not being held together by the roof, both sills badly shot, hard to tell about floor overall.

I will be chatting my mechanic/body man about does and don't and what we can order up in advance of starting next June.

It has a Flaminia interior...so rule number one broken re originality, but I quite like them.

Doubtless quite a few questions to follow, am hoping members will volunteer some top 5 tips as time nears to start!

P
« Last Edit: 04 January, 2012, 10:56:21 PM by Parisien » Logged

Frank Gallagher
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #67 on: 05 January, 2012, 07:13:54 PM »

I live about 6 miles from where the B 12 is being stored and as I still had the key decided go for a less "stressful" look at the car. Took some more pics, looked hard at the areas needing the extra work and wondered at what lay beneath the bituminous material coating its underside.

Am not mechanically minded nor do I know much about cars generally, but if the bonnet release mechanism is anything to go by, it is a wonderfully put together car. The bonnet closed as if it had just been opened for the first time, or maybe I am easily impressed?

The keys have gone walkabout during its travels and neglect over the last 2 months, but my mechanic said it shouldn't be a problem.

Given that I am as blind as the proverbial, I looked up close at the paint/body to realise it was hand painted and a certain amount of filler had been used in places.

We agreed to meet in late February to get the battle plan laid out and perhaps even start the restoration in late April as opposed to June....Smiley...plus hes just come across a very able local body/paint guy whose work is of a very high standard as opposed to the ones who do a good job and charge you the earth.

We also agreed that I would work under his supervision to do some basic preparatory work....quite a few evenings/weekends  will be filled I suspect!

P

Frank Gallagher
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #68 on: 05 January, 2012, 07:46:50 PM »

I expect helping out with the preparatory work and more will broaden your knowledge of your car  and what could be better than a pro to work with. to make your car really feel like it is part of you it is good to know everything about it -every nut and bolt!looking forward to hearing about the progress!best regards richard

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
williamcorke
Rebel Poster

B10

« Reply #69 on: 06 January, 2012, 11:33:37 PM »

Keep the posts up Frank!  Looks like a nice weekend for some photography...

Looks like your B12 was painted the same mid-grey (grigio medio) as my B10 - assuming the paint on the bonnet and front wings of your car is what was on the car before the rear wings were hand-painted.  Do you think the PO was after a 'bi-colore' effect, like a pair of co-respondent shoes?  

There's a bi-coloured Aurelia that was featured in a film - stills are on the IMCDB.  I rather like the look of it.

This one has the roof rack, as does the car Hemmingway was driven around in when on a well documented trip to Italy in the early '50s.

Did all these B10 and 21 cars have roof rack mounts?  My B10 does, and an original 'rack would be a very cool accessory for sure.  Anyone got one lying around (as if)?  Would be idea for a family holiday.
« Last Edit: 06 January, 2012, 11:41:51 PM by williamcorke » Logged

'37 Aprilia
'50 B10
'53 B20
'68 Flavia Vignale
'55 Giulietta Sprint
S1 Land Rover
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #70 on: 08 January, 2012, 06:17:12 PM »

Am in London this weekend William.....no pics, not sure if or what is causing the bi-coloured effect other than to say, the aluminium panels are different to the steel panels!!??

P

Frank Gallagher
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #71 on: 13 March, 2012, 10:26:23 PM »

Up-date.

We spent a while looking over the B12 on Sunday

Compiled our first list...

The bumpers are pretty ropey, probably not saveable ( anyone on the forum got a set....he asked hopefully.....Smiley...)

One hub cap missing, two other maybe past repairing ( same request as above.....ditto below!)

Passenger side wiper arm missing, same side window winder, 1 carello headlight complete same side,

Spare blank keys ( others went walkabout in its 10 week transit!)

I have a set of Flaminia seats supplied, do you have the correct seats?

The wheels may be shot too, have you spares available...condition?

I know some panels can be made by Bill Lewis, do you have any old/new panels of any type, sills are shot, no doubt centre section too. Inner rear wheel arches ( read somewheres another inner wheel arch panel similar...advice?) Spare wheel well rusted through too, passenger side floor as well.

The car should be in the workshop sooner than I thought, end of April, when I get back from France.

If anyone can help out with any of the above it would be great, PM me if you wish,

Thanks

P
« Last Edit: 13 March, 2012, 10:31:28 PM by Parisien » Logged

Frank Gallagher
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #72 on: 13 March, 2012, 10:59:21 PM »

With the wheels perhaps consider 15in or 16in rims onto those centres.

David

David Laver, Lewisham.
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #73 on: 14 March, 2012, 08:05:14 AM »

Frank,
Just a comment from personal experience. I would strongly suggest you aim to go for originality as much as possible. You will be pleasantly surprised how some 'missing' parts become available when you least expect them....and from the most unlikely places. Particularly where Aurelia Sedans are concerned as so many of them were made.
There is one of those strange rules which operates - you buy a non-standard component despairing of ever finding an orginal of same and then an original (or two) turn up the following week!
I say this not just for the value and ease of selling the car if you ever wanted to (originality is always the key) but also most importantly for the simple reason that the Aurelia range of cars were so well designed both visually and driving/engineering wise that little can be improved over the original package.
Also can I suggest you try to get to the Mostra Scambio at Padova held at the end of October each year. The prices for spare parts, new and used can be high but the range on display for old Italian cars will not be bettered anywhere.

As I think I have already told you I have a lot of brake drums, steering boxes etc for Aurelia Sedans in the UK and I also have a set of 4 original hollow rim steel wheels in vgc stripped condition which might be available if you are stuck.
Chris

Chris Gawne
Mobile: 07778 216552
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #74 on: 14 March, 2012, 08:26:27 AM »

Hi Frank,once you get the correct seats sourced please let me know if a RHD  PF flaminia drivers seat in reasonable condition becomes surplus  as my base cushion  is rather tatty.best regards richards

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd