Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 11:33:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Barn Find Aurelia - Ebay  (Read 37450 times)
j886atv

« Reply #15 on: 16 October, 2011, 06:41:57 PM »

It shrank in the wash?  Cheesy
williamcorke
Rebel Poster

B10

« Reply #16 on: 17 October, 2011, 10:06:13 AM »

and what became of this one i wonder?

That looks like the Maltese mid-engined (289 V8) drag racer...  I saw the car when it was at Andrew Thorogood's garage in Acre Lane SW2 about a decade ago.  The inner structure of the car had been butchered, doors welded up, etc.  A huge number of missing parts and, at the time, a totally impractical prospect as a restoration.  Last I heard the car was in the North East with  Alan Morton, who was thinking of fitting a Flaminia or Alfa GTV6 drivetrain which struck me as a slightly sensible thing to do in the circumstances.

« Last Edit: 17 October, 2011, 10:09:30 AM by williamcorke » Logged

'37 Aprilia
'50 B10
'53 B20
'68 Flavia Vignale
'55 Giulietta Sprint
S1 Land Rover
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #17 on: 17 October, 2011, 12:35:32 PM »

It shrank in the wash?  Cheesy
a larger aurelia pic

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
Sliding Pillar
Permanent resident

« Reply #18 on: 17 October, 2011, 06:30:33 PM »

The B24 is as captioned the Brussles Motor Show car, it is now owned by Leo Van Hoorick who has restored it back to its original colours with the original wire wheel style hub caps.

1955 Aurelia
1961 Lamborghini
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #19 on: 08 November, 2011, 04:42:51 PM »

Well Richard, I have to hold my hands up...mea culpa!

I had been looking for a project for a while, had partly restored a number of classics over the years, mostly Citroens.

Then caught the Italian car bug a number of years ago, part restored/re-commissioned a 1972 Alfa coupe 2 years ago then spotted this baby.

I didn't pay the price on the ebay site......Smiley...due to fact that the winner reneged!

As I type its being transported from Porto, Portugal, collected at 3pm today after a few delays.

I've noted to Stuart my intention to do a blow by blow blog type account on the forum as it progresses, but not starting work until next May/June. In the interim have been doing lots of research and have located a grill, plus endless sites and contacts and info from Aurelia owners in the UK, USA, France and hopefully Ireland.

If every member wants to wish me luck on this thread please do so as a few have already done so.......!!

Wonder why!

Smiley

P

Frank Gallagher
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #20 on: 08 November, 2011, 05:32:47 PM »

Well Richard, I have to hold my hands up...mea culpa!

I had been looking for a project for a while, had partly restored a number of classics over the years, mostly Citroens.

Then caught the Italian car bug a number of years ago, part restored/re-commissioned a 1972 Alfa coupe 2 years ago then spotted this baby.

I didn't pay the price on the ebay site......Smiley...due to fact that the winner reneged!

As I type its being transported from Porto, Portugal, collected at 3pm today after a few delays.

I've noted to Stuart my intention to do a blow by blow blog type account on the forum as it progresses, but not starting work until next May/June. In the interim have been doing lots of research and have located a grill, plus endless sites and contacts and info from Aurelia owners in the UK, USA, France and hopefully Ireland.

If every member wants to wish me luck on this thread please do so as a few have already done so.......!!

Wonder why!

Smiley

P

Good Luck in the nicest possible way, I'm sure I spotted some Aurelia parts last time I was in Cavellito's, although that was in 2006!

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #21 on: 08 November, 2011, 05:55:21 PM »

Thanks Brian, most parts are about plus need a bit of patience to track them down.

P

Frank Gallagher
the.cern
Permanent resident

« Reply #22 on: 08 November, 2011, 07:08:44 PM »

Good luck Parisien, I'm sure you'll have a huge amount of fun, plus a bit of heartache, restoring your find. The two go together, but are all part of the joy of restoring an Aurelia.

Whereabouts are you  based ?  My B20, under restoration, is in south east Essex.

The.Cern
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #23 on: 08 November, 2011, 07:22:31 PM »

Thanks the.cern, allegedly Manchester....Wink......but on "vacation" in N Ireland ( see introductions section )

I  know there are a few threads on coupe restorations, is yours one of them?

P

Frank Gallagher
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #24 on: 26 November, 2011, 09:28:17 AM »

Well, after waiting for 2 1/2 weeks for it to meander its way across Spain, then make its way to Hampshire it should have been delivered a few hours ago....but guess what the driver missed the boat....!

Not given a time but it will be today, because they have another car to take back to GB today too!

Next post will be pics of the car in the lock up, on its own thread as a restoration blog.

P

Frank Gallagher
the.cern
Permanent resident

« Reply #25 on: 26 November, 2011, 12:09:40 PM »

It may have missed the boat, but at least its safe and sound !!!!  I sincerely hope you are pleasantly surprised by the car, I think William was with his Spanish purchase.

I can't wait to see the photos and am really looking forward to the restoration blog. Hopefully it will be quicker and easier than mine.

Best wishes,

Andy
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #26 on: 26 November, 2011, 12:32:55 PM »

This is worse than Coronation street.....cancelled again, pm me if you want to know who NOT to use to bring a car back from Europe!

I'm changing my name to Job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P

Frank Gallagher
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #27 on: 27 November, 2011, 09:36:12 AM »

Frank,
I think I saw that you were after a Weber 40 DC type carb for an Aurelia. I might be able to help you.
Regards

Chris Gawne
Mobile: 07778 216552
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #28 on: 27 November, 2011, 09:52:39 AM »

Hi Chris, apparently the carbs are 35 PAAIs, I have no idea if changeable/upgradable at all........?!

Thanks.

P

Frank Gallagher
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #29 on: 27 November, 2011, 04:03:35 PM »

Good luck - wonderful cars in every detail.  I only hope you have as much fun with it as I anticipate as a specator.

David

David Laver, Lewisham.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd