Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 10:19:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Left Hand Drive Aprilia  (Read 3899 times)
JohnMillham
Permanent resident

« on: 24 September, 2011, 07:58:56 AM »

Does anyone know anything about the LHD Aprilia in the Italian National Motor Museum in Turin, formerly the Biscaretti Museum? Sorry about the quality of the photos. The lighting was horrid!
 Regards, John

* lhdaprilia2.jpg (272.5 KB, 2913x3261 - viewed 422 times.)

* lhdaprilia1.jpg (149.64 KB, 2220x1482 - viewed 446 times.)
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 24 September, 2011, 08:20:24 AM »

John,
Somewhere (if I can find it!) I have my guide from the Biscarreti from when we visited in 2004, I'll see if that has anything about it in there.

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Scarpia
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

« Reply #2 on: 25 September, 2011, 08:24:21 AM »

the passenger is denied the option of winding down her window......would be far too hot to travel in ....

The car must have been used and refurbed in the not too distant past;nice instruments , the whole dash has been modified it seems .maybe a second series gear stick, first series steering wheel and recent side indicators which are as much use as a chocolate teapot and shouldn't have been added to such a nice car.
ColinMarr
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 25 September, 2011, 09:07:50 AM »

Another possibility is that the car is owned by a beautiful woman, and when she last gave a lift to a man he stole the window winder so that he could demand something in return ….

Colin
« Last Edit: 25 September, 2011, 10:43:57 AM by ColinMarr » Logged
JohnMillham
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 25 September, 2011, 09:37:11 AM »

the passenger is denied the option of winding down her window......would be far too hot to travel in ....

The car must have been used and refurbed in the not too distant past;nice instruments , the whole dash has been modified it seems .maybe a second series gear stick, first series steering wheel and recent side indicators which are as much use as a chocolate teapot and shouldn't have been added to such a nice car.
The museum has many nice cars with things like instruments missing. We heard that items could once be stolen to order. I'd be surprised if an Aprilia window winder was on someone's list, but it would't be too difficult to find another! The museum has many shortcomings, like where are all the other Lancias?  Like not much mention of Biscoretti himself, without whom there would probably be very little. Worth a visit, though.
 Regards, John
Edo
« Reply #5 on: 25 September, 2011, 04:38:10 PM »

also Vincenzo's Lambda saloon (left hand drive too!) is missing!!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd