Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 11:46:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: INTERESTING LANCIA FACTS DO YOU KNOW ANY??  (Read 12376 times)
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #15 on: 05 February, 2007, 01:00:06 PM »

Apparently , according to Clarkson, you sit sideways in a Stratos to drive it ... can anyone verify this? Wink

Mind you, I was so delighted to hear mention of Lancia I didn't really care !!!

Shame it hasn't featured on the "news" on TG yet ... but I guess it will.

Steve

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
nyssa7
Megaposter

« Reply #16 on: 05 February, 2007, 01:34:01 PM »

You sit very offset towards the centre because the wheel arch intrudes so much. The weird thing was his body action demonstrated sitting in RHD car when ALL Stratos were lefties - unless he's counting Stratos replicas which would have a similar seating position

Probably a bit early to feature 2008 on the "news" section

2000 kappa coupe 20vt
1996 kappa saloon 20vt race car
the "Yntegrale"
1999 Lotus Elise S1
2016 AMG GTS

Y10 Advisor
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #17 on: 05 February, 2007, 08:25:52 PM »

What ! ... You mean we gotta wait a whole YEAR to know what we already know ! .... Thank goodness the weather is getting better so I can go out for a drive ....d oooooooooooooooooooo hhhhhhh !

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
Warby
« Reply #18 on: 05 February, 2007, 10:00:06 PM »

Lancia has won more world rally championship titles than any other car maufacturer. It had the first standard production v6, the first load bearing body shell and the first to have an electrical system in a car.

oh and to my knowledge has the only car club to have me as a member (how lucky).he he he.
SanRemo78
Rebel Poster

« Reply #19 on: 05 February, 2007, 10:25:33 PM »

Quote from: "nyssa7"
You sit very offset towards the centre because the wheel arch intrudes so much. The weird thing was his body action demonstrated sitting in RHD car when ALL Stratos were lefties - unless he's counting Stratos replicas which would have a similar seating position

Erm - in all the replicas I've seen, mine included, and all the real ones you're offset to the outside with your feet angled towards the centre of the car due to the wheelarch intrusion. The steering wheel is right infront where is should be. The cars aren't symmetrical around the centre line either. Next time you see one check the gaps between the seats and the sills. There is a gap on the drivers side that doesn't exist on the passenger side which makes the seating position appear more offset for the passenger.
But it's something that's forgotten after 30 seconds blast down the road!
Guy
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #20 on: 06 February, 2007, 10:50:17 AM »

Not sure about "interesting" but as intesting as the rest (!!!) my anal pub quiz "not a lot of people know that" (or want to...) fact of the day:-

A Fulvia Berlina will go up a 34pct slope while a 1600HF will manage 54pct.  LaLancia 2nd Ed has that in the data section at the back.  B20 S3 is 50pct, an S6 is 38pct.

David

David Laver, Lewisham.
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #21 on: 28 July, 2007, 09:13:49 PM »

"Lancia has won more world rally championship titles than any other car maufacturer. It had the first standard production v6, the first load bearing body shell and the first to have an electrical system in a car."

You can add:- first production five speed gear box and first use of the engine as a structural member in a grand prix car.
FanaloneMan
« Reply #22 on: 26 September, 2007, 03:11:13 AM »

"Lancia has won more world rally championship titles than any other car maufacturer. It had the first standard production v6, the first load bearing body shell and the first to have an electrical system in a car."

You can add:- first production five speed gear box and first use of the engine as a structural member in a grand prix car.

add:
"... the first full-production V6 engine, in the 1950 Aurelia, and earlier experiments with V8 and V12 engine configurations. It was also the first company to produce a V4 engine."
FanaloneMan
« Reply #23 on: 26 September, 2007, 03:13:20 AM »

add:
"... the first full-production V6 engine, in the 1950 Aurelia, and earlier experiments with V8 and V12 engine configurations. It was also the first company to produce a V4 engine."

:-)
rogerelias
Rebel Poster

MY 1600HF IN HEARTBEAT GARAGE

« Reply #24 on: 26 September, 2007, 11:59:37 AM »

Not sure about "interesting" but as intesting as the rest (!!!) my anal pub quiz "not a lot of people know that" (or want to...) fact of the day:-

A Fulvia Berlina will go up a 34pct slope while a 1600HF will manage 54pct.  LaLancia 2nd Ed has that in the data section at the back.  B20 S3 is 50pct, an S6 is 38pct.

David
Trouble is the handbrake only holds on 1%. Grin Grin

FULVIA 1600HF LUSSO
1958 VELOCETTE MAC
Triumph Bonneville t120v 1972
1968 MGC ROADSTER
1958 Series 2 Appia berlina
ncundy
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

« Reply #25 on: 03 October, 2007, 11:49:36 AM »

Found these on the web:

Mono JK-Lancia

Two strange and wonderous rear-engined interludes in the pre-World Championship era of F1 and F2 are formed by the Czech Mono JK and the West-German Monopol. The Mono JK was a pukka F1 car built to the F1-née-voiturette 1.5-litre s/c rules. Entered for the 1949 Czechoslovakian GP at Brno it did not make the race due to a practice accident - it was ruled out of the race after colliding with a truck!

The car was constructed by Brno resident Julius Kubinsky, with Karel Vlasin the driver at the local Masaryk track. Beaten by the Cisitalia-Porsche 360 to the title of world's first rear-engined F1 car, the JK monoposto was powered by a Roots-supercharged 1.5-litre Lancia Aprilia engine, making it a very rare and typical Italo-Czech 'Eigenbau'. The car was a non-starter at its only GP entry, its cooling system damaged terminally by the accident. However, the car did race in some minor national hillclimbs and Libre races during the early fifties.

Nardi-Lancia

Little is known of this F2 car created by pre-war special builder Enrico Nardi, the man who helped Enzo Ferrari shape his first post-Alfa creation, the Auto Avio 815. He would later become famous as a supplier of tuning accessories and, especially, steering wheels, with the occasional Fiat-based sportscar in between.

Another in-between job seems to have been the Lancia-engined F2 car that he showed in 1952. Like the Mono JK, with which it had nothing else in common, it was powered by a rear-mounted Lancia Aurelia 2-litre engine. There was more Aurelia on the car: the gearbox and final drive unit were taken straight from the Lancia, and the front and rear suspension were the Aurelia’s too. A distinctive feature were the outboard disc brakes at the front, which in this case needs to read as on the outside of the wheels!

A prototype was completed, as the photographs witness, but the project was cancelled after a September test showed the Lancia V6's lack of grunt. Or was it that it gasped at carrying over a hundred pounds of tubular space-frame?

* monojk.jpg (26.41 KB, 481x321 - viewed 456 times.)

* Nardi Aurelia.JPG (52.41 KB, 640x400 - viewed 424 times.)

* nardi-lancia2.jpg (47.18 KB, 500x343 - viewed 445 times.)

* nardi-lancia3.jpg (30.22 KB, 500x288 - viewed 416 times.)

1969 Fanalone, Mazda RX-8, Fiat Multipla
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd