Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 02:24:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fulvia 2C for 2013?  (Read 60566 times)
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #15 on: 10 October, 2011, 05:53:52 PM »

My vote is stay white, keep ~that~ dent, steel wheels (hubcaps are SUCH a rare and special thing to see these days) and surely a hot 1300cc is plenty...

High back seats I can understand for peace of mind and while the engine should be music enough the way traffic can get it can sooth the nerves watching the Ts&Ps.  IPod lead.  Electric fan.  Does it have an oil cooler already?  If you are getting a special screen made with a top tint could they put a heater into it as well?  I'd also add extra washer jets, double pump, and large capacity reservoir so there's no need to ration the water on a trip.

David

David Laver, Lewisham.
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #16 on: 10 October, 2011, 05:57:52 PM »

Why not at least nurture the dream of another go on the Monte?

David

David Laver, Lewisham.
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #17 on: 10 October, 2011, 06:21:49 PM »

hi David ,yes steel wheels/ hubcaps are good!all of my cars have them albeit those for the sport are stored in my sock drawer.also strange how things have changed-i think 80% of my everyday/local  journeys in my sedan involve waves and nice words from people[half of them from ladies-and i dont mean from old ladies!]so an interesting vehicle which seems to please a lot of people.good value so far but must get rid of something as space is running out!best regards richard

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
LanciAlan
Megaposter

« Reply #18 on: 10 October, 2011, 09:03:19 PM »

Thanks for your not too critical feedback. I would never have thought of upgrading the screen washer system in terms of capacity and power but I agree it is an easy and satisfying fix. I don't know whether hot water jets would be an advantage too but has anyone else ever thought of running the screenwash through a coil of copper pipe wrapped around either the exhaust or a rad hose!

However my investment in Cromadoras (20+ at the last count) and other alloys makes it necessary that I apply them to every Lancia of mine that they will fit, at least for a while. Originality has not actually been completely ruled out either as it is sometimes the simplest approach. I am not too worried about S1/S2 transmission hump differences but all this talk of clutch, flywheel, splined shaft, bellhousing, manifold, subframe, etc. differences has made me a bit wary of making a dolly-mixture Fulvia. So I had better at least check the Cromadoras will fit under the arches before I start dismantling.

I have unfortunately never found the Fulvia (or any other car I have owned) to have any particular attraction for the ladies or pulling power of that kind, but maybe now that the ginger is fading to sandy ......

Alan Murphy

Lancias that begin with "F" ... and affordable variants beginning with "Z" and "P" ..... and now with added "Y"!
fensaddler
Lapsed
Permanent resident

« Reply #19 on: 10 October, 2011, 10:05:14 PM »

Better the Suez Canal than Somali Pirates getting their hands on your Delta ....

Running the gauntlet of Somali pirates is next, probably over the next few days.  Though at 400m long and 50m wide, and capable of 25 knots, I'd imagine the MSC Livorno is a big ask to board successfully...

Chris Owen
1987 Delta 1.3LX
2012 Skoda Yeti 112TSi 4WD
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #20 on: 11 October, 2011, 12:36:05 AM »

Hi Alan,
I wasn't trying to be pedantic, just to point out that if anyone bought it thinking it was a 2c they might be disappointed with the performance, but it's a charming Berlina in it's own right.
I shall be very interested in seeing/riding in your Berlina when finished, however it would still be correct to call it a 2c as no doubt it will retain a version of twin choke horizontal Carburettors anyway; that is unless you talk to Paul Le Clerque and fit fuel injection!
Now that would be interesting Grin
I know your 2c probably no longer has the mechanical fan, but as a matter of interest does it still have the radiator shutter?

going by some of your proposed spec it will be half a GTE anyway.

Can't say I've ever seen a Fulvia Berlina with tinted glass or seen mention of it in the brochures.

3 Other Berlina Competition Colour schemes attached, I love the first photo in the darker blue.
Many years ago someone used to do a kit for heated washers and years ago I wrapped the wash tube around the heater hose, it worked very well once the engine was up to temperature.

Someone, possibly Neil Cundy? although I maybe wrong, modified the Fulvia wash pump so that when you pulled the knob as you do on series 1 Fulvia, it operated a microswitch so everything looked the same.

Another modification I used on my Fiat 500's was to bring a half Gallon bottle inside the passenger compartment as the washers were always freezing up in the winter with no heat source under the bonnet to keep it warm, but if you do go for the Historic Monte it might well be worth considering

Brian
8227 Cool

* DXSPI02-33.jpg (161.1 KB, 1504x980 - viewed 484 times.)

* 2Ccorsa.jpg (38.72 KB, 600x330 - viewed 466 times.)

* 23f6_1.jpg (12.63 KB, 264x153 - viewed 500 times.)
« Last Edit: 11 October, 2011, 12:51:29 AM by fay66 » Logged

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #21 on: 11 October, 2011, 06:53:28 AM »

Everything Brian is saying about Fulvia Sedans is of course correct. The 2C is a very modern, together car and will keep up with todays traffic (and stop!!) without any problem although I would prefer a 2C GT with a little extra power. There are always lhd examples available in good condition at reasonable prices here in NE Italy. In fact if they were in shorter supply I would feel some pressure to acquire one again but because of their availability I keep putting it off. (and I have just bought an Aurelia B20 project).
Also interestingly, the availability of NOS spares for things like the rear lights and speedo is still good.
As to the tinted glass query I think not. I have never seen a Fulvia Sedan with tinted glass. Do you agree Brian?
Chris

Chris Gawne
Mobile: 07778 216552
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #22 on: 11 October, 2011, 08:59:09 AM »

Everything Brian is saying about Fulvia Sedans is of course correct. The 2C is a very modern, together car and will keep up with todays traffic (and stop!!) without any problem although I would prefer a 2C GT with a little extra power. There are always lhd examples available in good condition at reasonable prices here in NE Italy. In fact if they were in shorter supply I would feel some pressure to acquire one again but because of their availability I keep putting it off. (and I have just bought an Aurelia B20 project).
Also interestingly, the availability of NOS spares for things like the rear lights and speedo is still good.
As to the tinted glass query I think not. I have never seen a Fulvia Sedan with tinted glass. Do you agree Brian?
Chris
Yes Chris,
Very much in agreement overall, availability is still good as far as LHD Berlina are concerned, although these like many other Lancias' are climbing in value.
 Some of the spares for series 1 Berlina's are getting rather expensive, recently there was a pair of the original chromed cast tailights for sale for which they were asking well over £100 each, the later plastic bodied ones are certainly easier to get hold of, and at a more reasonable cost.

Brian
8227 Cool

Dedra Technical Adviser
LanciAlan
Megaposter

« Reply #23 on: 11 October, 2011, 09:35:23 AM »

Running the gauntlet of Somali pirates is next, probably over the next few days.  Though at 400m long and 50m wide, and capable of 25 knots, I'd imagine the MSC Livorno is a big ask to board successfully...

That's less than the length of 4 oval running tracks and just a bit wider. Hopefully it is quite tall and slippery and has some of the anti-boarding devices I read about at the weekend - trailing razor wires from the gunwales are apparently a very effective deterrent when used in conjunction with tear gas (in case the razors didn't bring tears).

I know your 2c probably no longer has the mechanical fan, but as a matter of interest does it still have the radiator shutter?

3 Other Berlina Competition Colour schemes attached, I love the first photo in the darker blue.

Brian
8227 Cool

Thanks for the competition car pics Brian - I didn't know such things existed. I would be thinking of something on the more subtle side such as the first (blue) one you say you like but in my car's original white with a black 3-piece stripe.

Funny how "You are of course quite right" translates into "You are factually correct but being a bit pedantic about it" even in ordinary usage! I know someone who uses the term all the time to acknowledge/flatter deep knowledge in others so, when I say it, I am usually taking him off but I have made it my own now. Anyhow, no pedantry implied.

I don't recall if my car has radiator louvres but I'll take another look when I see it. Could do with some of these on my 2000HF which is currently running without a thermostat and so is too hot in traffic (the stat seems to help with not only the rate of flow but also its direction) and too cold on the open road (normal stat-less effect).

And no I won't be going the FI route except if I find that the 2000HF motor fits into the Sedan a bit better than this attempt on a Fulvia Coupe did (bumper/grille/front valance pushed forward about 2 inches and bonnet slam panel deleted to accommodate flat 4)....

Useful also to know that green tinted windows are not commonplace in Fulvia sedans but I'll keep an eye out nonetheless.

Alan

* Fulvia 2000HF.jpg (60.88 KB, 500x375 - viewed 469 times.)

* Fulvia 2000HF engine.jpg (53.51 KB, 500x375 - viewed 518 times.)
« Last Edit: 11 October, 2011, 10:02:33 AM by LanciAlan » Logged

Alan Murphy

Lancias that begin with "F" ... and affordable variants beginning with "Z" and "P" ..... and now with added "Y"!
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #24 on: 12 October, 2011, 12:40:27 AM »

Alan,
It was probably me doing my grumpy old man bit.
Have a look at the left side of the radiator as you should have a bracket with a swivel arm that is operated by an extending rod from the thermostat in the end of radiator, this in turn pulls on a cable that opens the shutters that cover the top half of the radiator, lovely bit of engineering, unfortunately when I had my radiator rebuilt about 3 years ago, they didn't get the side plates quite right and I couldn't get the bolts to line up, so mine is safely stored away until next time the rad needs work. Cry
I'm also running without a thermostat at present, but I have a rad blind ( or Bra in dutch) that came from Martin Willems, this works very well in winter even with the thermostat out, although it obviously takes longer to warm up, and doesn't keep the temperature at all if you open the flaps, and cools down very quickly.
If I was in your place, and having worked on my 2c quite a bit, I wouldn't even bother attempting the Flavia engine, it is so tight for room at the front of the engine that even changing the bottom rad hose is a major feat, the hood rail as well is considerably higher than the coupe which would cause access problems on it's own, but I do like the conversion in the coupe, looks great, did it make much difference to the performance?
William Vandersman in Holland did a similar operation to his sport that he raced.

Brian
8227 Cool

Dedra Technical Adviser
LanciAlan
Megaposter

« Reply #25 on: 12 October, 2011, 10:31:00 AM »

These pics (the first being courtesy of your own archives) suggest pas de flaps .... there is a bra in the boot

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/kyfQbOW4K0oVMJOObxH3V0rrIRV8vOFurvqz2XkAg4M?feat=directlink

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/V6mdG9-unqDr4MZNiZMTr0rrIRV8vOFurvqz2XkAg4M?feat=directlink
« Last Edit: 12 October, 2011, 10:46:19 AM by LanciAlan » Logged

Alan Murphy

Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #26 on: 12 October, 2011, 04:41:47 PM »

is there any further info re the 'gordini blue' car which appears to be on banking?[a trick of the camera]
« Last Edit: 12 October, 2011, 04:44:10 PM by Richard Fridd » Logged

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #27 on: 12 October, 2011, 09:59:16 PM »

Alan, The answers staring me in the face in the 2nd photo, a series 2 radiator and electric fan have been fitted.
While the electric fan is a good mod from a technical point of view, you loose the wonderful asthetics of the cast & polished fan and mounting pillar, which is a real work of art, and I've always considered IMHO that it would be a shame to deprive myself of them Roll Eyes
Can't say I recognise the first photo as being mine?

Brian
8227 Cool

* Access to F-Pump Fan in situ.jpg (129.21 KB, 600x458 - viewed 486 times.)

* Shutter & mechanism copy.jpg (56.96 KB, 400x300 - viewed 455 times.)

* Shutter Actuating Mechanism.jpg (182.13 KB, 908x764 - viewed 453 times.)

* Shutter installed to Rad copy.jpg (63.75 KB, 400x300 - viewed 417 times.)

* Polished Fan rear.jpg (260.58 KB, 888x918 - viewed 440 times.)

* Fan Polished Front.jpg (338.52 KB, 1024x1056 - viewed 449 times.)

* Fan-Looking Down.jpg (410.97 KB, 1200x1600 - viewed 441 times.)
« Last Edit: 12 October, 2011, 10:07:59 PM by fay66 » Logged

Dedra Technical Adviser
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #28 on: 12 October, 2011, 11:44:08 PM »

is there any further info re the 'gordini blue' car which appears to be on banking?[a trick of the camera]

richard,
I think I originally got the picture off of ebay Italy, or off of the German site that sells cars (can't think of the name!) sometime ago when it was up for sale!
I've been hunting around ebay.it to see if I could find something similar, but no luck, I'm sure I've got other photos of competition Berlina's on my PC but I haven't found them yet, just a case of trying to remember what I filed them under!

Have a look at this.
http://www.ebay.it/itm/Transkit-LANCIA-FULVIA-2C-1-RALLYE-DEI-FIORI-65-CELLA-GAMENARA-EmmeBi-Tk03-/300601784167?pt=Modellismo_Statico&hash=item45fd433767

Note in the photos of the red car the fuel tank filler and the strap on the boot lid and bonnet.

Brian
8227 Cool

* Fulvia 2c 1965 Rally Lazzaroni + Claudio Maglioli.jpg (208.25 KB, 2353x1052 - viewed 503 times.)

* 001_ebfa_1 Engine copy.jpg (123.63 KB, 400x302 - viewed 455 times.)

* 002_eaf9_1 Exterior front copy.jpg (113.41 KB, 400x302 - viewed 449 times.)

* 003_ece8_1 seats copy.jpg (113.09 KB, 400x302 - viewed 439 times.)

* 006_edd9_1 Exhaust copy.jpg (158.8 KB, 400x302 - viewed 466 times.)

* 007_eeae_1 Exterior RR copy.jpg (112.83 KB, 400x302 - viewed 495 times.)

* 2ccorse.jpg (26.55 KB, 400x300 - viewed 462 times.)

* 2cHF.jpg (17.24 KB, 396x304 - viewed 513 times.)
« Last Edit: 12 October, 2011, 11:47:55 PM by fay66 » Logged

Dedra Technical Adviser
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #29 on: 13 October, 2011, 06:59:05 AM »

superb red car ! by a very strange coincidence i was only thinking of how good  fanalone seats would look in your sedan Alan and by further coincidence i went yesterday to visit the chap who now has mine from JLG who is saving them for a future project.i will dig out my targa 92 pics as there are a couple of sedans in there and perhaps scan them now that there is an interest in these cars.i would also be interested to know how light a sedan can be built.richard

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd