Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 03:29:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What sort of value...  (Read 3689 times)
ah_sprite
Lapsed

« on: 13 August, 2011, 06:59:15 PM »

...would a Series 1 fuel tank be? I have a very solid one here, was just wondering before I stuck it on eBay whether it'd be worth it or not.
phil-m
Lapsed

« Reply #1 on: 13 August, 2011, 07:03:57 PM »

It is worth at least £50, have you filled it with water to check there are no pinhole leaks though?
angelorange
Megaposter

« Reply #2 on: 18 August, 2011, 08:55:25 PM »

worth even more with a tank of petrol!

I'm entitled to my ignorance!
peterbaker
Permanent resident

www.retro-speed.co.uk

« Reply #3 on: 18 August, 2011, 10:05:30 PM »

Why not put it on LMC forum before e-bay, after all you are looking for advice from the forum members

1961 Lancia Flavia 1.5 Berlina. FIAT Abarth. 1954 Daimler Conquest. 2003 MG ZT-T 135. 1998 SAAB 9-5 3 litre turbo.
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 19 August, 2011, 06:30:38 PM »

Why not put it on LMC forum before e-bay, after all you are looking for advice from the forum members
i agree.each to their own but i think LMC forum and VL should be considered when selling lancia stuff.i am sure i am not alone in looking forward to the 'for sale' sections of both.i think the classified part of the mag used to be quite an important section when it was used more.maybe some sort of 'ebay alert section' could be part of the forum with vendors at least giving LMC members a chance.best regards richard

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
ColinMarr
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 19 August, 2011, 07:57:54 PM »

Richard (ah_sprite),

If it helps – in November 2000 I paid £80 for a S1 Fulvia tank and thought it was money well spent. I was told that S1 tanks were better tinned on the inside and less prone to rusting and I think this is probably true. My old S2 tank was shedding rust and blocking filters. S1 tanks don’t have any provision for a return pipe, but this can be overcome by fitting a return connection into the main filler pipe into the tank. I think you should expect at least £100 for it.

I am so sorry to hear that you have to sell your Fulvia! Having helped you with tools and advice I know how enthusiastic you are – it must hurt!

Colin
ah_sprite
Lapsed

« Reply #6 on: 21 August, 2011, 09:30:07 PM »

Apologies, I'd planned to advertise it on here anyway before putting it anywhere else. I too believe that club members, where possible, should always have the opportunity of getting their 'mits on the bits' first.

The item is provisionally sold to Stuart Wilson on here, so it's going to the right place!

Yes Colin, it's going to hurt when the car does go. I'm hoping that won't happen for a while yet though! We shall see.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd