Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 09:25:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Flaminia forum  (Read 3612 times)
denisbasson

« on: 05 July, 2007, 04:46:12 AM »

Hi Everybody
I was just wondering if anyone reads the Flaminia forum? have not had any replies to my request for bits or my query about Flaminia alternators and come to think of it no replies to my query in the Lambda forum either
How about having a look at them sometime and giving me a reply or two.
Cheers for now Lancias forever
Denis
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 05 July, 2007, 09:36:07 AM »

Hi Dennis,
yes lots of us read all items on the Forum, but not being Flaminia owners ( even thou I would love to own one) not much point in saying anything unless it's relevant, you're not being ignored, just need the right person to read them Grin

Brian Hilton
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 31 July, 2007, 06:12:12 PM »

HI, I don't mind talking Flaminias. I thought they were in rather short supply at the AGM.

Can anyone guide me on the best way to get at my starter motor? Do I tie a rope round my ankles and go in from the top or find a double jointed dwarf to go in from underneath? 

All suggestions gratefully received.
                                               FRANK
denisbasson

« Reply #3 on: 01 August, 2007, 04:38:54 AM »

Hi Frank

Re starter motor

I think you will have to take off the exhaust manifold and come at it from the top as I don't think there is enough room to get it out from the bottom but I will have a closer look at it tomorrw and check it out and send another email later. I seem to remember that it is very difficult to get a hand up past the sump from the bottom.

Denis
denisbasson

« Reply #4 on: 02 August, 2007, 05:50:13 AM »

Hi Frank
I have had a look at the starter motor and it would not be easy to work on as the exhaust pipe is in the way but I think you could get the lower bolt out and the wires off from underneath but the top bolt would have to be got at from above which I think means taking off the exhaust manifold I am by the way looking at a LHdrive Pininfarina coupe I know it is not an easy job to get at the starter as I once had solenoid problems but found out the problem was caused by the starter lock out regulator that black box with the large condensor on RH side of engine bay

Denis
denisbasson

« Reply #5 on: 02 August, 2007, 05:59:38 AM »

Hi Flaminia Owners has anybody got a wrecked Pinifarina coupe. I am looking for some body parts. The little narrow cover pieces between the body moulding above the doors and the one with the Lancia badge and also the cover strips over the joins in the rear bumper bar and any tools and a proper coupe jack and also any rubber floor mats

Cheers for now

Denis
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #6 on: 18 September, 2007, 08:55:01 PM »

Dennis
          Thanks for the starter motor advice. I will check out the black box and try to get at the wires from underneath. I don't think there is much more wrong than electrical connections because the engine was turning over all righ until recently.

Happy Lanciaing
                         FRANK

P.S. I loved the sedan at Covent Garden. Anybody know who is the owner?
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #7 on: 05 August, 2011, 06:40:37 PM »

Hi Everybody
I was just wondering if anyone reads the Flaminia forum? have not had any replies to my request for bits or my query about Flaminia alternators and come to think of it no replies to my query in the Lambda forum either
How about having a look at them sometime and giving me a reply or two.
Denis
i will now be posting on the 'flaminia forum'-probably seeking advice!best regards richard

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd