Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 11:10:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Windscreen removal  (Read 3303 times)
angelorange
Megaposter

« on: 11 August, 2011, 07:17:37 PM »

Any hints on windscreen removal - ie: without breaking it!

If it does go bang any sources for S1 Coupe replacement. Was Fanalone screen thinner than 1300 / 1200 Coupe ones?

Cheers

Lukas

I'm entitled to my ignorance!
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 11 August, 2011, 07:39:32 PM »

hi Lukas,lay on your back in the drivers seat with legs apart, and push hard.it should pop out!also i did not hear back from you regarding my last reply to you reference the fulvia hub retaining tool but have now had one made.it works very well with a suitable lever!anyhow thanks for the photo which you posted on the forum.best regards richard

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
the.cern
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 12 August, 2011, 07:08:44 AM »

Lukas, I asked a similar question regarding the screen of my B20 and was given the same advice .... it was also added that it is advisable to have at least one person available to catch the screen as it detaches itself from the car !!!! And also cloth padding to protect the paintwork of the area immediately below the screen (if it's worth protecting which mine wasn't!!)

The other point, well made, was that, if the rubbers are scrap, then cut them back with a 'Stanley' knife and, lo and behold, the screen may be simply lifted out. This was the route that I chose and it was a dream.

Good luck,

Andy
phil-m
Lapsed

« Reply #3 on: 12 August, 2011, 10:13:45 AM »

I would always advise on cutting the rubber and lifting the screen out, pushing it out with your feet is always risky.
LanciAlan
Megaposter

« Reply #4 on: 15 August, 2011, 03:05:53 PM »

I have removed several Fulvia front screens without cutting the rubber and never broken one. As recently as yesterday I took one out of a 2000 coupe. However the foot-pushing approach on its own is not sufficient - to ease removal you need to prise the inner lip of the rubber seal away from the inner side of the body frame and place a length of elecrical cable all around the top and sides to keep it that way before you push - basically the reverse of the "rope trick" for re-inserting the screen afterwards. Once the top of the screen is out  you can just lift it off the bottom of the frame.

On the other hand, I gave up on trying to remove a broken bonded-in screen from a Y10 parts car the day before until my friend with the cutting tool comes along.... I was down to my last blunt stanley blade

Alan Murphy

Lancias that begin with "F" ... and affordable variants beginning with "Z" and "P" ..... and now with added "Y"!
angelorange
Megaposter

« Reply #5 on: 18 August, 2011, 08:54:54 PM »

Thank you all for your detailed replies!

managed to remove screen without damage and it is now sitting in the back of a Jaguar whilst car is being repaired.

A plastic card somewhat larger than a credit card can be pushed through from inside between rubber and steel bodywork sides and top section then she lifts out.

I'm entitled to my ignorance!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd