Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 07:51:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: An Appia or a Fulvia as an everyday car, advice please.  (Read 17476 times)
davidwheeler
Permanent resident

« Reply #30 on: 07 July, 2011, 01:28:48 PM »

I've had both, an Appia Vignale Convertibile which I extensively rebuilt and a couple of Fulvias.  The Appia steered like a true Lancia, direct and precise.  The Fulvia steering is low geared and frankly sloppy especially at any degree of lock.  This is the inevitable result of FWD in the 60s and 70s with a steering box rather than a power assisted rack and pinion.  I still lust after an Appia and have recently sold a Fulvia so perhaps I'll be able to slip one past Herself.  Alas, I missed Ben's.
Sliding pillars for ever!

David Wheeler.  Lambdas, Aprilia, Fulvia Sport.(formerly Appia and Thema as well).
the.cern
Permanent resident

« Reply #31 on: 07 July, 2011, 02:22:06 PM »

Thank you David for your encouraging words, I've not drivena Fulvia but think it is unlikely that i would get as much enjoyment from one as I do every time I get into the Appia.

I'm just sorting out a couple of little bits, replaced a front wheel cylinder, trying to get the doors to lock, three out of four at the moment compared with one on purchase. The rear rear spring bushes are on the move, should be easy to fix, but most disconcerting to see them  almost out of the spring eye !!!!!

Its just great fun to drive, but each time when I get in I have a sudden reminder of what steering is like without power assistance.

I really can quite understand why you still hanker after an Appia, its even more enjoyable than I thought it would be !!!!

Best wishes,

Andy
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd