Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 05:17:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 30   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: flaminia  (Read 214294 times)
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #60 on: 25 September, 2011, 08:45:03 PM »

the wire mentioned has become a spiral of spring steel thanks to a miracle-so no further action reqd. at present!also i have stripped /repaired the windscreen wiper mechanism/checked lamp operation/direction indicators etc.rear number plate lamp fitting needs replacement but OK for now.bootlid interior lamp fitting missing so will have to find something suitable.also windscreen washer [glass] bottle treated with acid based solution which has resulted in a very new looking container for the screenwash.best regards richard

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #61 on: 11 October, 2011, 09:08:44 AM »

picture progress-dash pic now as avatar

* Maidstone-20110913-00024.jpg (115.19 KB, 640x480 - viewed 490 times.)

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #62 on: 11 October, 2011, 09:15:54 AM »

pictures now available after many weeks of trying to discover the 'insert image' method!

* Maidstone-20111003-00083.jpg (110.47 KB, 640x480 - viewed 501 times.)
« Last Edit: 09 March, 2015, 03:39:21 PM by Richard Fridd » Logged

LanciAlan
Megaposter

« Reply #63 on: 11 October, 2011, 09:29:25 AM »

Oooh nice bumper. Makes it look like a different car, particularly with the overriders. What are those tubes hanging down under the dash in the other pic - I always presumed they were screen washer related but maybe your work there ended with the scarification of the washer bottle.

To "insert" pics they first have to be located somewhere else on the internet - have you saved your pictures to a photo hosting website? You can test try it with someone elses picture - just grab the address of any picture on the internet and insert it between the {img}{/img} things

But congrats on your photographic progress so far.

And have you been at the roof?

Alan Murphy

Lancias that begin with "F" ... and affordable variants beginning with "Z" and "P" ..... and now with added "Y"!
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #64 on: 11 October, 2011, 09:44:07 AM »

those tubes are associated with the washer bottle 'vacuum' system i think.i will probably install a standard pump to actually use which could easily incorporate the heatexchanger mentioned in your fulvia thread.roof stripped to reveal no rust or dents and repainted in matt blue for now-so can add 20hours [and the rest!]to the 'total time'column and 6 quid for masking tape.tomorrow is to be spent with the car on the local garage ramp to plan for repairs underneath etc.although will have to wait for some money to appear to progress further.best regards richard

HF_Dave
Megaposter

Rust , What Rust !! I don't See any rust !!!

« Reply #65 on: 11 October, 2011, 09:57:07 AM »

Well done Richard, The car is looking so much better with the bumper , It's been transformed , I noticed the different colour roof. Maybe you should paint it two tone ?  Smiley Thanks david.

My Current Cars:

1991 Thema station wagon
1989 Thema 16v
2011 Lancia Delta 3

1977 Beta sedan 2000
1975 Fulvia S3 1.3
1973 Flavia HF 2000 Coupe
1972 Fulvia S2 1.3
1989 Thema 8.32
**Other Makes**
2018 Alfa Giulia
1999 Alfa 156
2009 Fiat Du
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #66 on: 11 October, 2011, 12:03:08 PM »

My vote is a silver blue for the top, as it looks in the pictre. Love the cream wheels and hubcaps, and those most enormous side lights below the headlights.  Are the indicators in there as well or do they flash to indicate through some highly complex mechanical relay system powered by engine vacuum?

Bumper looks lovely, the very plain looking (in the photo) plate less so.

Keep at it - am loving the regular updates.

David

David Laver, Lewisham.
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #67 on: 11 October, 2011, 12:06:49 PM »

Fabulous wheel and dash and that ashtray would make you want to take up smoking just to use it.  Does the ash drop into a lower compartment?  Is the top engraved? 

The steering wheel badge is a detail I'd never noticed before, likewiser the three warning lights.  Anyone know if they vary between Flaminias or have I just not been looking...

David

David Laver, Lewisham.
LanciAlan
Megaposter

« Reply #68 on: 11 October, 2011, 12:58:01 PM »

I think they vary - Bill James who has a lovely later and lighter blue 2.8 coupe pointed up all sorts of differences in the dash when I showed him pictures of it. Fridders' car is a 1961 2.5.

Alan Murphy

Lancias that begin with "F" ... and affordable variants beginning with "Z" and "P" ..... and now with added "Y"!
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #69 on: 11 October, 2011, 04:57:54 PM »

the roof would look very good in silver but would have to continue along the rear 'fins' which would not be so good having seen similar in the past.a breath taking dash with serious looking and properly functioning [apart from clock]instruments and that steering wheel is a lovely design in very good condition..it will not be replaced with a nardi or similar.the three warning lamps illuminate with authority.the front 'city lights' double as direction indicators[not seperate filaments or seperate bulbs?] and i would not like to have to draw a schematic electrical diagram in my head for those but explanation welcome!the dublin  plates will be replaced in due course with ones suitable for a 50! year old car.the ashtray has brass internals and the PF logo on the lid and does feature an engraved pattern.can anyone recommend something to smoke commensurate with such a receptacle?perhaps there is room for a decanter[containing something paired with the tobacco product in the ashtray] to be stowed somewhere for when the driving day is over.so what did Bill say the dash differences were?cream wheels and hubcaps will remain.best regards richard
« Last Edit: 11 October, 2011, 05:21:02 PM by Richard Fridd » Logged

fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #70 on: 12 October, 2011, 12:15:29 AM »

Well done Richard,
At the rate you're restoring cars, Chugga might have to look out Grin

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #71 on: 12 October, 2011, 06:59:43 AM »

hi Brian,so far not much money spent which is just as well as not much money coming in!i will be able to have a good look underneath today if the local garage is still free to help and get an idea of future spending reqd.a lottery grant would be very welcome to spend on such a lovely looking car.more pictures to come but typically my pc dosnt reconise new hardware at the moment.richard

Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #72 on: 12 October, 2011, 10:07:53 AM »

only small lottery win reqd !inspection has revealed work needed in the following areas-brakes generally,n/s bottom balljoint.n/srod end,n/s subframe corrosion x3,o/s sill,rear brakes binding,handbrake pads and mechanism,n/s footwell.the clutch has no 'play' which may explain the reported slipping.so not bad

the.cern
Permanent resident

« Reply #73 on: 12 October, 2011, 11:20:46 AM »

As you say Richard, not so bad and can all be picked off, one at a time, as opportunity and finances allow.

Good luck with it and please do keep posting, it makes great reading even though  I do not have and know nothing about Flaminias.

Andy
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #74 on: 13 October, 2011, 05:11:45 PM »

one from covent garden which seems different to mine-maybe the wheel 'rings'

* Scan0008.jpg (262.85 KB, 1654x2338 - viewed 477 times.)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 30   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd