Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 10:07:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Flaminia Coupe 2.5 for sale  (Read 33066 times)
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #30 on: 22 July, 2011, 09:01:52 AM »

Hi Richard,
I decided not to race this season until AFTER our son Alex's marriage which is July 30th in an effort to reduce risk etc. Not a bad decision  i thinkbecause subsequently his prospective mother in law fell off one of her horses in March and broke 2 bones in her neck resulting in temporary paralysis, 2 weeks of traction anmd then a complex neck brace which was only removed yesterday!!
Therefore I am not at Silverstone this year having had a great time there last year winning a couple of trophies in Pre 63 GT and Masters.
The wheels are specificaly for Aurelia I believe and I have never seen them fitted to Flaminia although maybe that is because noone has tried.
You are welcome to borrow one from me - I am in Sunningdale Berkshire.
Chris

Chris Gawne
Mobile: 07778 216552
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #31 on: 22 July, 2011, 10:51:38 AM »

Back on the subject of single or tripple carbs; I seem to remember some discussion of this a year or so ago, possibly involving Mr Buckley. Richard Thorne had a sedan available with triple carbs fitted at the time. I looked up the output figures and whereas the tripple carb engine had better BHP the single carb engine was way ahead on torque. Thus the single carb was fitted to the heavy sedan, the tripple carb to lightweight tourers but for a Pininfarina coupe the best choice probably depends on what sort of driving you do.

Richard, do you still have that front subframe? I could be seriously interested as it might get my sedan project moving forwards again. My pockets aren't deep but it would be easier to hide from "she who must be obeyed" than another car!
Kevin MacBride
Lapsed
Megaposter

« Reply #32 on: 22 July, 2011, 12:42:44 PM »

I had a set of the (heinbrand) wheels some time ago. They did not fit my Aurelia without some modification, as the offset was incorrect. However I did fit them to a Flaminia SL 3C I had (and still do) at the time. They looked quite well, but would need hubcaps to finish them off. I ended up selling the wheels to a man in California, for his Flaminia Zagato. The tyre size was 185/70, which did not really fill the arches that well.

B20 4th series (having a 'facelift')

2000 sedan
Fiat Multipla
Fiat Cinquecento
LanciAlan
Megaposter

« Reply #33 on: 22 July, 2011, 10:37:09 PM »

Kevin McBride for a man who lives in a bog you have some exotic car/spares lines going on there ... and broadband too! This heady Flaminia scene was too rich for me and I have reverted to more common fare.

Alan Murphy

Lancias that begin with "F" ... and affordable variants beginning with "Z" and "P" ..... and now with added "Y"!
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #34 on: 24 July, 2011, 11:17:03 AM »

Hi Richard,
I decided not to race this season until AFTER our son Alex's marriage which is July 30th in an effort to reduce risk etc. Not a bad decision  i thinkbecause subsequently his prospective mother in law fell off one of her horses in March and broke 2 bones in her neck resulting in temporary paralysis, 2 weeks of traction anmd then a complex neck brace which was only removed yesterday!!
Therefore I am not at Silverstone this year having had a great time there last year winning a couple of trophies in Pre 63 GT and Masters.
The wheels are specificaly for Aurelia I believe and I have never seen them fitted to Flaminia although maybe that is because noone has tried.
You are welcome to borrow one from me - I am in Sunningdale Berkshire.
Chris
many Thanks Chris,hope the wedding goes well.also hope mother in law makes a full recovery!i am still not sure what the heinbrands look like although have seen some technomags pictured on an alfa forum.having spoken to David Gee at silverstone yesterday one course of action is to buy 165/400s from a french tyre fitting centre where they may be cheaper.best regards richard

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #35 on: 24 July, 2011, 11:28:39 AM »

Back on the subject of single or tripple carbs; I seem to remember some discussion of this a year or so ago, possibly involving Mr Buckley. Richard Thorne had a sedan available with triple carbs fitted at the time. I looked up the output figures and whereas the tripple carb engine had better BHP the single carb engine was way ahead on torque. Thus the single carb was fitted to the heavy sedan, the tripple carb to lightweight tourers but for a Pininfarina coupe the best choice probably depends on what sort of driving you do.

Richard, do you still have that front subframe? I could be seriously interested as it might get my sedan project moving forwards again. My pockets aren't deep but it would be easier to hide from "she who must be obeyed" than another car!

hi Frank,a single carb sounds like a sensible option then.i sold the subframe in the last week or so after it being surplus for many months with no interest- these items seem to be in sudden demand.if i find another i will let you know.what state is your sedan in-any pics or details of the project.i love mine and so does my girlfriend although she prefers the zagato i think.best regards richard

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
chugga boom
Non-LMC Seller
Permanent resident

« Reply #36 on: 24 July, 2011, 11:41:27 AM »

if anyone has one i could do with whatever holds the gearbox to the car, i have the mounts on the box however i could do with the floor area i pressume or is it a subframe? that the gearbox mounts bolt too

1935 augusta lusso (chugga)
1935 belna saloon
1935 augusta lusso
1938 ardenne
1939 aprilia lusso
1958 appia s2
1963 appia s3 
195? appia camioncino
1972 fulvia 1600HF
1976 fulvia coupe
194? ardea SUV  "THE BEAST!!!"
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #37 on: 24 July, 2011, 12:13:16 PM »

hi James,the fulvia gearbox sits on a crossmember which is part of the subframe and is also attached by means of a bracket above the box. a chap local to me in kent had subframe parts surplus when i last visited him-i can find out if you like .also James if you are still in the tyre business i would be grateful for info regarding availability etc of the 165/175/185 400 tyres as mentioned in the other thread.best regards richard

chugga boom
Non-LMC Seller
Permanent resident

« Reply #38 on: 24 July, 2011, 02:56:29 PM »

its a flaminia box that i'm going to be mounting so the rear end, above the transaxle is what i need, i will look into the 400mm tyres, unfortunatly because of the monopoly on them ie only michelin and pirelli making them + lack of demand its hard to get good prices on them  Angry

1935 belna saloon
1935 augusta lusso
1938 ardenne
1939 aprilia lusso
1958 appia s2
1963 appia s3 
195? appia camioncino
1972 fulvia 1600HF
1976 fulvia coupe
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #39 on: 26 July, 2011, 05:08:31 PM »

The Flaminia transaxle just bolts to the floor with some big round rubber mounts. You should be able to fabricate something very easily. I don't think it carries much load.

Frank
chugga boom
Non-LMC Seller
Permanent resident

« Reply #40 on: 26 July, 2011, 06:08:55 PM »

thanks frank  Smiley

1935 belna saloon
1935 augusta lusso
1938 ardenne
1939 aprilia lusso
1958 appia s2
1963 appia s3 
195? appia camioncino
1972 fulvia 1600HF
1976 fulvia coupe
LanciAlan
Megaposter

« Reply #41 on: 27 July, 2011, 11:31:48 PM »

Chugga

I just "dismantled" a Flam. transmision/suspension assembly last night but apart from a substantial aluminium casting on the back end of the box here was little sign of how it might be attached to the body. The whole assembly is in a pic here but you canīt see the casting as the transaxle seems to be flipped upside down in this shot. Anyhow you can see it at the AGM where it will be appearing on a trailer with a whole Flam. Or in the boot. You donīt have a monopoly on insane Lancia collections and deliveries you know!

Alan
« Last Edit: 27 July, 2011, 11:38:46 PM by LanciAlan » Logged

Alan Murphy

Lancias that begin with "F" ... and affordable variants beginning with "Z" and "P" ..... and now with added "Y"!
Kevin MacBride
Lapsed
Megaposter

« Reply #42 on: 28 July, 2011, 03:54:12 PM »

Similar to the Aurelia. 2 cross beams are bolted to the transaxle. One at the clutch end, the other at the rear. These in turn, are bolted at each end of the cross beam to the floor of the car. The beams are probably missing from your transaxle.

B20 4th series (having a 'facelift')

2000 sedan
Fiat Multipla
Fiat Cinquecento
the.cern
Permanent resident

« Reply #43 on: 29 July, 2011, 01:20:43 PM »

James, attached are two photos of the transaxle from my B20, which Kevin says is similar to your Flaminia  one. This is sitting on a bench awaiting fitment of new oil seals. Hopefully nothing else is required because it will go back  without any further work, apart from a refurbished (or replacement) clutch. Oh, and rebuilt brakes.

The first photo shows the mounting beams whilst the second shows quite clearly the double rubber mounting bushes. The shell is on the rotisserie so I will try to get a photo of the underside in the relevant area to show detail of the chassis mounting points.

Andy
the.cern
Permanent resident

« Reply #44 on: 29 July, 2011, 02:27:43 PM »

Just had another look at the first photo above, excellent of the rear of the unit but not so good at the front, I'll see if I can do better.

Just been to to the workshop and more photos , this time of the underside of the shell. The four transaxle mounting points are identified with a blob of white paint and a close-up of the front and rear are included. the rear  points are on chassis box sections whilst those at the front are on brackets attached to the side of box sections. All very strong but also simple!  I hope I've included enough peripheral area to allow you to identify everything if needed.

I've just realised I've yet to download the latest photos, so they will follow on a separate post. Its just senility, the problem is that I won't be getting over it !!!!!

Andy
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd