Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 05:48:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Flaminia Coupe 2.5 for sale  (Read 33075 times)
LanciAlan
Megaposter

« on: 20 June, 2011, 10:33:35 PM »

Lancia Flaminia Pininfarina Coupe 2.5 (1961).

Complete, unrestored and running but sold as a restoration project.

Originally a UK RHD car, now located and registered in Ireland but can ship to the UK or deliver at AGM weekend by agreement.

Price: €3500 firm.

Some spare parts,  copy workshop manual and original tavola also available for sale separately.

Pictures and further details available by e-mail from Alan Murphy (lancialan@gmail.com) tel 00 353 876691695

Alan Murphy

Lancias that begin with "F" ... and affordable variants beginning with "Z" and "P" ..... and now with added "Y"!
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 21 June, 2011, 04:35:29 PM »

hi Alan,i will get in touch when my redundency money comes through if it is still available.do you have any idea of the cost of putting the car back on the road in a reliable condition and is regeristering with DVLA straightforward?i assume there is no import duty or other inconveniences provided by the authorities,best regards richard

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
LanciAlan
Megaposter

« Reply #2 on: 23 June, 2011, 01:27:01 AM »

Hi Richard

Its not going anywhere fast though I plan to re-eBay it. Can't believe it did so bad at the first auction, especially as a dismantled one made more just a week earlier. Must be its location.

I did not import the car to Ireland myself and I only have experience of registering UK cars with the irish authorities and not vice versa or undoing the process. As far as I recall, It was officially exported and recorded as such in UK records but I don't know how you would pick up the traces on that.  I have a record of its original (personal) UK numberplate and possibly also its subsequent one prior to export. I have the original 1961 logbook too though not sure about its final UK papers as the Irish authorities mostly take them up on re-registering a UK car here - ostensibly to return them to DVLA but I doubt it.

Tell me about your Sport.

Alan

Alan Murphy

Lancias that begin with "F" ... and affordable variants beginning with "Z" and "P" ..... and now with added "Y"!
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 23 June, 2011, 07:57:04 AM »

hi Alan,my sport is a series one which i bought locally around 10 years ago and rebuilt at less than 45,000 miles with black seats,green wilton carpet,west of england headlining,new dunlop brake cylinder assemblies,large core radiator,new heater matrix plus other components replaced/refurbished as necessary, then repainted red proffesionally.it appears in VL circa 2002 in the 'zagato discovered'article and is in the brooklands and brands hatch threads somewere on this forum i think.always properley maintained by me driven carefully in good weather and housed in my heated garage.should sell  to make room for something else now.not properley advertised as yet as i have been making sure my rather shabby looking sedan is reliable.also not experienced with ebay as i dont sell things publically that often-especially cars.i see the price guide in classic cars mag etc suggests values well into the teens for this model now-so this has also prompted me to think of selling.also have spare doors/good subframe/driveshafts/instruments/parts book/s2 wiring loom/glass/wheels/new hubcaps in wrappers  etc.best regards richard

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 23 June, 2011, 05:13:52 PM »

hi all,looking ahead, should my plan for a flaminia in some shape or form materialize i would be grateful for any advice available.i have two questions in my mind-what is the best course of action regarding tyres and am i right in thinking the single carb is easier to live with than the triple.best regards richard

LanciAlan
Megaposter

« Reply #5 on: 24 June, 2011, 12:24:50 AM »

Mine is on elderly Michelins which I understand are hard to get now but shared with a VW or, more likely, some French metal.

I haven't looked into it so I don't know if the "difficult" measurement is the diameter (most likely) or the tyre breadth. If it were the latter I wouldhave no compunction in having the rims widened as is often done in other contexts. I think it would look well on wider rims though the purists would shudder.

Re single carb, I think the main power increase between 2500 and 2800 Flaminias is in the cc and not the triple carb which I understand to be fiddly to balance and not worth the effort.

Alan Murphy

Kevin MacBride
Lapsed
Megaposter

« Reply #6 on: 24 June, 2011, 07:56:53 AM »

Aurelia owners know only too well the difficulty with wheels. While the Flaminia is a similar, 165x400, its easier to fit 15" rims with modern tyres as you dont have a front brake drum getting in the way.
Michelin and Pirelli originals are available from Longstone Tyres. I recently got a set for my 2nd B20 (not my own unfortunatly). You could fit a set of alloys. There were incorrect fitment 'aurelia' alloys floating around for a while, which would suit. Not cheap at around the 1500 mark for a set.

B20 4th series (having a 'facelift')

2000 sedan
Fiat Multipla
Fiat Cinquecento
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #7 on: 24 June, 2011, 08:31:31 AM »

Ref Aurelia 'alloy wheels', I have got asn unused set of the Heinbrand 15" wheels which are a copy of the Technomagnesio wheels. Heinbrand marketed them although they were made by Compomotive in the UK.

Chris Gawne
Mobile: 07778 216552
Sliding Pillar
Permanent resident

« Reply #8 on: 24 June, 2011, 04:37:24 PM »

The Flaminia pf Coupe and saloon used 175/400 tyres. It was only the Touring and Zagato models that had 165/400 like the Aurelia.
You would have to check but I think that the 175/400s are now available again.
Peter Blenk had some alloy wheels made for Flaminias, they were only made to order, but he did tell me that if there was enough interest another batch could be made. P.S. Flaminia steel wheels are VERY heavy!

Power outputs for Flaminia pf Coupes are:   2.5  119bhp
                                                                  2.5 3B  128bhp  (triple single choke carb)
                                                                  2.8 3B  140bhp  (triple single choke carb)
« Last Edit: 24 June, 2011, 04:44:08 PM by Sliding Pillar » Logged

1955 Aurelia
1961 Lamborghini
lancialulu
Press Officer
Permanent resident

« Reply #9 on: 24 June, 2011, 10:15:31 PM »

Longstone list 165 R 400's at £150 a pop, and 185R 400 at £185 a pop. Couldnt see any at 175 400.
Both are Michelins.
The former is good for Aprilia.
Tim

Its not the winning but taking part! or is it taking apart?
Lancias:
1955 Aurelia B12
1967 Fulvia 1.3HFR
1972 Fulvia 1600HF
1972 Fulvia Sport 1600
1983 HPE VX
1988 Delta 1.6GTie
1998 Zeta 21.  12v
Kevin MacBride
Lapsed
Megaposter

« Reply #10 on: 25 June, 2011, 01:54:53 AM »

The Flaminia pf Coupe and saloon used 175/400 tyres. It was only the Touring and Zagato models that had 165/400 like the Aurelia.
You would have to check but I think that the 175/400s are now available again.
Peter Blenk had some alloy wheels made for Flaminias, they were only made to order, but he did tell me that if there was enough interest another batch could be made. P.S. Flaminia steel wheels are VERY heavy!

Power outputs for Flaminia pf Coupes are:   2.5  119bhp
                                                                  2.5 3B  128bhp  (triple single choke carb)
                                                                  2.8 3B  140bhp  (triple single choke carb)
I have a Touring version, which I store for its owner. It has 165's, so I presumed other versions had the same.

B20 4th series (having a 'facelift')

2000 sedan
Fiat Multipla
Fiat Cinquecento
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #11 on: 28 June, 2011, 05:21:25 PM »

Ref Aurelia 'alloy wheels', I have got asn unused set of the Heinbrand 15" wheels which are a copy of the Technomagnesio wheels. Heinbrand marketed them although they were made by Compomotive in the UK.
hi all and thanks for the advice,Chris what are the Heinbrand wheels like,are they really suitable for Aurelia only?and also hi Tim  do the 185s fit the standard flaminia PF rims ok?also does anyone have an opinion regarding grey paint on a PF as i almost chose that for my sport although the chosen red seems to meet with most peoples approval.Alan i must say the red leather interior in your car appeals to my eye- reminds me of a car father had in an age when it was ok for me to be seated on the front central arm rest at the age of 3,4,5?dont worry son i will catch you if we have a head on!!!thankfully that wasn't necessary!best regards richard

lancialulu
Press Officer
Permanent resident

« Reply #12 on: 28 June, 2011, 08:47:31 PM »

Hi Richard

I cant answer about 185 400 tyres for flaminia sorry.

Tim

Its not the winning but taking part! or is it taking apart?
Lancias:
1955 Aurelia B12
1967 Fulvia 1.3HFR
1972 Fulvia 1600HF
1972 Fulvia Sport 1600
1983 HPE VX
1988 Delta 1.6GTie
1998 Zeta 21.  12v
LanciAlan
Megaposter

« Reply #13 on: 28 June, 2011, 09:47:06 PM »

The car I am selling was originally grey and the red interior seems to travel with that - I have not seen blue and red combo as any blue ones I have seen had beige interiors.

A black over grey 2.8 I came across in Scotland had a blue cloth interior (petrified blue by the time I got to it). Here is its unhappy end. Apparently it languished safely in one spot for years, becoming lost to Lancia eyes until it got rounded up for an "end of life" scrapping scheme (obv. with a grab through the windows). Pity as it seemed a little used example. Then it got spotted and saved as something interesting, broken for parts and sold on eBay. The un-seized 3C engine was complete and went to Portugal I believe (I could have had it) but I did get the suspensions, transaxle and that totally useless interior in which a a Scottish mouse became an illegal immigrant to Ireland.

« Last Edit: 28 June, 2011, 09:49:40 PM by LanciAlan » Logged

Alan Murphy

Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #14 on: 29 June, 2011, 10:08:56 AM »

nice in grey Alan!do you have any other PF pics as i havent seen many and they seem to be in a minority on this forum and generally.one other red trimmed PF i saw was a USA order i think [had red carpets also ?]best regards richard

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd