Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
19 March, 2024, 02:55:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 83   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lancia cars seen on the road  (Read 569756 times)
LMC Forum Administration
Administrator

« on: 01 February, 2006, 10:42:18 AM »

This topic is a bit of fun.

If you've seen a Lancia around, let everyone know they've been spotted. One day you might even see yourself mentioned!
Paul D
« Reply #1 on: 15 March, 2006, 12:46:55 PM »

Hi all, after telling a friend of mine that I have never seen a Monte on the road, except at shows ect , he keeps seeing one being driven by a lady in Walthamstow, East London. He thinks it is Blue/ green in colour. Anyone know of this car, regards Paul D
Paul D
« Reply #2 on: 26 March, 2006, 01:22:35 PM »

Hi all, found a Red Integale near the bus garage in Bromley,( wouldn't give out name of road),  very nice looking car , lucky person, cheers  Paul.
Lima
Megaposter

Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows.

« Reply #3 on: 27 March, 2006, 07:15:49 AM »

I saw the new Ypsilon (in cream/ ivory) driving south on the M1 not too long ago - a rare site indeed over here.  Just as I cought it up it pulled over onto the slip road  :cry: That probably saved me embarassment as I usually flash, wave and mouth the words Lancia as I go by, but given that I'm not in a Lancia on a daily basis the onlooking drivers usually think I'm quite mad!

Compared to the other small cars on our roads the Ypsilon certainly had more panache.  Nice

Lima

1968 Lancia Fulvia Coupe (Rallye)
2001 Lancia Y (Cosmopolitan)
l3hou
« Reply #4 on: 27 March, 2006, 10:20:57 AM »

Hi

There's a chap who now imports them as he likes the car so much!  The website is at www.aarrtt.co.uk

Tempting..... :-)
Anonymous
« Reply #5 on: 27 March, 2006, 10:37:50 AM »

Yes, tempting... but any spare cash I have must go towards the existing Lancia I already have, else it won't be getting anywhere near Turin this summer!  Furthermore, by getting my Fulvia on the road maybe someone will post a note on this string after spotting me :wink:

Meanwhile I'll keep playing the lottery as that's the only way I'll get the ypsilon, 'grale, aurelia, flaminia.........
Lima
Megaposter

« Reply #6 on: 27 March, 2006, 10:39:37 AM »

er, that post was me by the way - the site forum doesn't work too well with Safari

Lima

Lindsay
« Reply #7 on: 28 March, 2006, 04:16:50 PM »

Red Integrale in Stirling. But aside from my LS turbo, Kappa Coupe and friends S2 Thema 16v SE, hardly ever see them here.
Anonymous
« Reply #8 on: 29 March, 2006, 07:11:44 AM »

Talking of 'Grales, there's an immaculate Martini liveried one in Onslow Village/ Guildford.  Very nice - a high days and holidays one me  thinks.  Club member?
Lima
Megaposter

« Reply #9 on: 29 March, 2006, 07:14:09 AM »

again, that post was me.  grrrr!  Anyone else experiencing probs when browsing through Safari?

Do I have to go over to the dark side (PC/ internet explorer)?

Lima

Lindsay
« Reply #10 on: 29 March, 2006, 04:18:28 PM »

As soon as I say there are none in Stirling , nice Dark blue S3 M plate Thema heading north on the M90. Maybe the one for sale in Febs Viva Lancia?
will

« Reply #11 on: 30 March, 2006, 05:36:02 PM »

There is a K plate Thema 16v Turbo series 3 with a bit of a dent
within walking distance from my home in Tadworth Surrey.
Which needs a good home Email me for full details and photos

Aurelia B20 4th Series Appia 2nd Series  Kappa Coupe 3.0 24v V6
Lindsay
« Reply #12 on: 30 March, 2006, 05:59:43 PM »

Hi Will. Tried mailing you about the Thema you have seen, but it wouldnt go through. Can you mail me back?

thanks
Lindsay
flatfour
« Reply #13 on: 02 April, 2006, 07:59:47 PM »

Another new Ypsilon sighting - a smart metallic claret example, Italian registered, that appeared down the road from me in Peckham of all places. It must have felt as out of place as that north american bird that washed up in Peckham having been blown 3000 miles across the Atlantic, but perhaps with rather more hope of getting home again!
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #14 on: 08 April, 2006, 11:09:20 PM »

Hi All,

A new Ypsilon in Ivory turns up from time to time & parks around the corner from me in Bedfordshire, it's on German plates.

Talking of importing Ypsilon, I imported a new Elefantino Rosso(Great Car) from rotterdam in 1999, it had left hand drive headlamps (not centre dipped as suggested by some) & it had a Kilometres Speedo.
While you can get around the speedo by having a MPH overlay made , I have an address for someone who will do so for about £90 & your speedo for a couple of weeks.

THERE IS NO WAY around the headlamp problems, unless you have a friendly MOT tester when it comes to MOT time, who will pass it with the relevant part taped off,  strictly speaking even then it shouldn't pass as the regulations do not allow for this,  it also forbids beam benders fitted long term.

So the only way to get it registered in UK is on the basis if you don't want the DVLA to tell you it doesn't comply, don't ask the question.

When I brought mine in I was told that the Certificate of Conformity was being changed from reading that the vehicle met European specifications, to that it was a LHD vehicle, fitted with LHD Headlamps & A Kilometre Speedo, if this is now the case, you can only hope that whoever deals with the paperwork at the DVLA doesn't understand Italian.Dutch, German. or whatever language the C of C is written in.

I would be interested to know how the companies who currently offer to import Ypsilon, Thesis, get around this problem, I have emailed some of them & asked specifically how they get around the headlamp problem so that the imports are legal, to date I have not received a reply from any of them.

Brian  :cry:

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 83   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd