Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 08:00:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Linked Events
  • Sliding Pillar Rally: 08 June, 2012 - 11 June, 2012
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sliding Pillar Rally 8th-11th June 2012  (Read 20593 times)
adrian donovan

Aurelia 4th series

« Reply #30 on: 13 June, 2012, 09:13:43 PM »

Thanks again to Ade and Sarah for an excellent SPR this year. An excellent attendance - as always the SPR attracts a wonderful variety of great Lancias, and a good selection of interesting places to visit. And  - for what is a very popular part of England - some great roads with very little traffic! A very enjoyable weekend
JohnMillham
Permanent resident

« Reply #31 on: 14 June, 2012, 09:03:43 AM »

Yes, it was a splendid rally, as usual. A good turn-out of Augustas on their 80th. anniversary, but a shame a few notable ones were missing. I was particularly sorry not to be able to admire Chugga's efforts.
Regards, John

* augustas.on.2012SPR.a.jpg (370.37 KB, 3498x1890 - viewed 478 times.)
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #32 on: 14 June, 2012, 04:09:11 PM »

What a lovely photo John

Chris Gawne
Mobile: 07778 216552
Dilambdaman
Permanent resident

« Reply #33 on: 22 June, 2012, 08:00:46 PM »

Superb weekend in the Cotswolds, many thanks Ade et al. What a superb club LMC is made up of wonderful cars and equally splendid people. It was so good to meet up with old friends and to make new ones. Doug and Kathleen Crowther used to visit the farm where we are now living for Bentley and Ferrari gatherings and Ben Courage, I discovered ,went to the same junior school as I did. Small world eh!?

Modestine was only readied for the rally at 3pm on the Friday afternoon (see details in the Dilambda section) and ran perfectly until just before Sunday lunch when the ignition system packed up altogether. Many thanks to Reg Maybury (Rachel nee Wilcock's husband)who towed us to the lunch stop assisted by James Parry. I then took a huge amount of stick for converting the distributor to electronic ignition which precluded any hope of repair and resulted in our homeward journey being courtesy of AA Recovery. On the bright side we saved about £60 worth of petrol!

Returned the distributor to the guy who carried out the conversion to find that the module had indeed failed which he replace under warranty.  I am totally unrepentant for the doing the conversion having enjoyed perfect starting, smooth running and lovely tick over since. However, I will now be carrying a spare module, coil and a set of refurbished points!

Here's to next year in Belgium,

Robin.

Robin Lacey 3222

1932 Dilambda
1992 Y10 GTie
2012 Delta Mk3
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd