Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 10:45:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fulvia oil pressure sender?  (Read 3401 times)
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« on: 18 March, 2011, 05:35:54 PM »

We seem to have a problem with the oil pressure sender on Jackys early aluminium Fulvia Sport whereby the gauge is at max with the ignition on. The engine is actually a 818 302 1.3S running without an oil cooler radiator - can anyone help with preferably a new sender or alternativley a used one which works? I do not think it is the instrument (and in any case I have a spare).
Chris

Chris Gawne
Mobile: 07778 216552
roddy

« Reply #1 on: 24 March, 2011, 04:58:20 PM »

Hello Chris

If I can help with a spare sender, then I will;  but I need to know if the instrument cluster is a Jeager or Veglia?   Each type need their respective make of sender, or you will get a false reading - presuming it is the sender that has gone faulty.

Regards - Roddy

Roddy Young
Dunfermline, Fife

1970 Fulvia Sport S1 1.3S
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 25 March, 2011, 08:28:54 AM »

Thanks Roddy,
I will come back to you on this in about 1 week if I may when I have checked the car.

Chris Gawne
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 03 April, 2011, 07:30:08 AM »

Well,
Bit of a mystery here. The instruments are Veglia first of all.
When the ignition is turned on the oil pressure gauge goes to max and stays there until ignition switched off.
I have fitted a new sender supplied by Omicron and no change so therefore the instrument is faulty?
( I do happen to have a spare Fulvia Veglia instrument cluster from way back and of unknown prevenance and this exhibits he same problem witht the oil pressure gauge so a coincidence?)
So....I really need to get hold of a working instrument.
Can anyone help please?
Chris

Chris Gawne
thecolonel
« Reply #4 on: 03 April, 2011, 10:57:51 AM »

It sounds like a dead short in the wiring,

try disconnecting the sender and see if the
gauge still goes to max.

if it does then I'd suspect the lead is shorting to earth.
if the gauge doesn't move then I'd suspect the sender.

Geoff
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 04 April, 2011, 08:14:47 AM »

Its the gauge! The original in the car has a fractured wire which I cannot repair whilst the 'spare' gauge has a fractured wire which I might be able to repair but previous experience tells me that my repair wight only be temporary.
I am not optimistic because the broken wires are so fragile and thin so if anyone has a spare working gauge I would prefer to go for that.

Chris Gawne
roddy

« Reply #6 on: 06 April, 2011, 03:38:53 PM »

Hello Chris

Pleased to read that you are part of the way there, and have diagnosed the problem.   However, unfortunately, I cannot help you out with a spare S1 gauge.

Regards - Roddy

Roddy Young
Dunfermline, Fife

1970 Fulvia Sport S1 1.3S
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd