Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 12:37:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Classics in the Walled Garden Luton Hoo Wednesday 6th July 2011 From 4pm until l  (Read 3425 times)
fay66
Permanent resident

« on: 03 February, 2011, 12:52:16 PM »

This is a great event  in a lovely setting, and not to be missed, The latest Venture by Peter Madden who was responsible for "Classics on the Common" another fantastic event. The event venue is about a mile or so from J10 of the M1 (first Luton Turn Off)

Don't wait too long as it's filling up rapidly.

brian
8227 Cool

Classics in the Walled Garden Wednesday 6th July 2011 From 4pm

Hello all,

Classics in the Walled Garden

I’m pleased to advise you all that the 3rd Classics in the Walled Garden will be held on Wednesday the 6th July. Last years event attracted around 650 cars and raised just over £3,000 for charity/good causes.

Classics in the Walled Garden is an evening picnic within and around the historic Walled Garden on the Luton Hoo Estate. As in 2010 a part of the Walled Garden has been taken by a semi-permanent marquee. I shall be allocating spaces as entries are received, the first 150 entrants will be inside the Walled Garden, the next 150 in the area immediately outside the Walled Garden with the remaining places in the paddock field nearby. In 2010 I received 88 entries within 48 hours of sending this email, so please don’t delay.

The event is aimed at cars and motorcycles aged 20 years and older, with more modern classics accepted at my discretion. There will be parking available, outside the Walled Garden on payment, on the night for spectators and classics which haven’t booked.

On the night we will have some music, a licensed bar, and some catering facilities. I will update all entrants with an email nearer the time. I’m only sending paper entries for this event to those few entrants who attended last year and for whom I have no email addresses. So if you have friends without email who may be interested please pass this on to them.

Luton Hoo Walled Garden is set in a beautiful estate with entry from the New Mill End Road along a lovely tree lined drive. You can read some of its history at; www.lutonhooestate.co.uk. Please note there is NO entry to the Walled Garden from the main entrance to the hotel & golf club on the A1081. An access map can be found on the website. Access to the estate is gated and will be closed during the day. There will be NO ENTRY to the estate before 4pm.

Proceeds from Classics in the Walled Garden will be divided between The Walled Garden Project, Help for Heroes and the Jumbulance Trust, www.jumbulance.org.uk

This year I will again be accepting payment of rally fees via Paypal for those of you who prefer to pay that way. Simply email me your completed form and make a payment to my email address. Please use Classics in the Walled Garden as the reference and include your registration number. I will provide the envelope and stamp to send your pass out. There will be an additional fee of 75p to cover Paypal fees, postage and envelopes.

I’m always in need marshalls so if you can spare a couple of hours of your time on the day please let me know. I’m tremendously indebted to all of you who have helped over the years as without that support these events simply couldn’t take place.

As in 2010 I’m planning on a tombola to raise extra funds, if you work for a company that might be interested in donating some product or merchandise please get in touch.

Peter Madden

Entry form below.

Classics in the Walled Garden
Wednesday 6th July 2011

Ticket Application Form

Please fill in this form and print with required details and a SAE & cheque for £5 payable to 'The Rover P5 Club' and post to:

Peter Madden, "Classics in the Walled Garden", 48 Whitehill Avenue, Luton, LU1 3SR

About Your Car/Bike

Vehicle Make               

Model               

Registration             

Year                     

About You

Name           

Address 1     

Address 2     

Town/City   

Postcode     

e-mail address   

Your entry fee includes a souvenir rally plaque if received by 15th May 2011

Other events you might like

Letchworth Garden City Classic & Vintage Car Club Transport Picnic

Saturday 11th June, 12 - 5pm. Halls Green, Nr Weston, Herts. Contact Nick Salmon 07831 805455. www.lgccvcc.co.uk

Tibbles Tour Sunday 26th June; This year’s event is again being organised by John Tarbox who gave us a fantastic Tibbles Tours in 2009 and 2010. The format for the day is generally along the lines of; breakfast & briefing at the Holiday Inn Luton South, 110 (ish) miles tulip style route with a couple of places of interest and a fish and chip supper at the Carpenters Arms in Harpenden.  john@tarbox.plus.com

Harpenden Lions Highland Gathering  Sunday 10th July, As part of this year’s Highland Gathering, the Harpenden Lions Club is once again inviting owners of classic cars to become part of the day’s attractions. The Harpenden Highland Gathering is one of the largest gatherings outside Scotland . It attracts large crowds from Herts/Beds and Bucks with dancers, pipe bands, solo pipers, games participants and visitors from all over the UK . This is a Family Fun Day Out with a Scottish flavour.  Now you have an opportunity to help add value to this major charity fund raising event.Starting at 10.30 a.m. and finishing around 5.30 p.m. there is a full programme of activities throughout the day.  Classic Cars will be parked in a special area inside Rothamsted Park , Harpenden. There is a £5 per car entrance fee to cover costs which include a special commemorative plate.  This gives free entrance to the event for you and any passengers (worth £6 per head).  Spaces are limited on a first come first served basis. To book your space contact   classics@harpenden-lions.co.uk   

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd