Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 07:00:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alleyne Body  (Read 1877 times)
cheeky monkey
Lapsed

« on: 14 March, 2011, 10:04:29 PM »

Alleyne Body is partly responsible for me still owning betas because of his help in keeping them on the road..  Mr Romano has put a nice obituary for Alleyne in the March Viva Lancia. .. Ive mentioned this elsewhere but thought I should post a note here about the guy as although i never met him, we spoke a few times on the phone in his capacity as beta advisor and he gave me tips on my first betas electrics. Very friendly likeable guy.

thank you Alleyne.

SanRemo78
Rebel Poster

« Reply #1 on: 14 March, 2011, 10:26:05 PM »

Very sad news. I had dealings with Alleyne many years ago when he took in my first Beta in exchange for some parts to keep my HPE VX on the road. In retrospect Alleyne got the better deal and he was gentleman enough to say so at the time. He was right and I wish I'd kept that first Beta now. He probably saved it, it may still be out there! Another character who'll be missed by all who knew him.
Guy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd