Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 10:04:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Viva Lancia 511 front cover photo  (Read 2317 times)
BlueSky
Lapsed

« on: 26 February, 2011, 11:25:05 PM »

Not the big colour photo, but the smaller black & white one. This is clearly a hoax, is it not? A two door berlina, come on. For a moment I thought I had the April 1st edition. The photo has clearly been touched up, why is this on the front cover of the edition celebrating 75 years of the Aprilia? Have I missed something here? We are sometimes a little slow down here in the colonies. Can someone please supply an explanation for me?
Even the caption for the main photo is wrong, there were over 400 Aprilias imported into the UK, not 100. That number is stated in the re-print of the John Maltby Autocar article on page 16, and in many other sources.

Noel

1937 1st series Aprilia Berlina
Nissan X-Trail T31 TS
1920 P & M 3 1/2hp {FOR SALE}
John Deere LX188
www.narrywoolan.com.au/home
ben
Lapsed
Megaposter

« Reply #1 on: 27 February, 2011, 04:15:52 PM »

Hi Noel
          You are spot on about the two-door Aprilia hoax.The picture was taken to celebrate the return of the car to the road a year or two back and was published in VL then but I don't think any one else noticed it had been doctored until now!!! The car belongs to Cedric Bristow, (a name you will recognise as a previous owner of Andrew Cox's car).The picture was taken,and doctored,by Tim Jewell when exploring the scope of his software as I understand it!
                                                                                     Ben
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd