Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 06:31:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fulvia Coupe Bonnet  (Read 4086 times)
snilloc
Lapsed

« on: 21 February, 2011, 04:18:58 PM »

Has anyone fitted a GRP/Fibreglass bonnet to a Fulvia Coupe? My rusty steel bonnet looks awful and horror of horrors I'm considering GRP in the absence of finding one in alu or steel.   I would be interested to know if the quality is acceptable and any recommended suppliers. 
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 21 February, 2011, 04:29:32 PM »

hi David,i fitted a glassfibre bonnet and bootlid to my KYH 15P track coupe.it came in white.i painted it red gloss but that showed up a less than perfect finish.not wanting to add filler i then tried matt black which didn't highlight the 'ripples'.best regards richard

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
HF_Dave
Megaposter

Rust , What Rust !! I don't See any rust !!!

« Reply #2 on: 21 February, 2011, 08:30:33 PM »

Hi david I fitted a glasfibre bonnet to my fulvia S2, Grin I bougt a spares car and the bonnet was fitted to it. I don't know who supplied it. I painted it black so you don't notice any ripples on it. A frirend of mine bought a Fulvia fitted with a glass fiber bonnet and the bonnet looks the same as mine , there is a small flat spot on the left hand side just at the bend line at the front of the bonnet. I over came this with a small rubber block in the channel under the flat spot. I then bought a glass fiber boot lid from Omicron and it is a great fit, I painted this white the same as the car but I can see ripples in the top of it. I still think it's worth while fitting them, No more rust or trying to make an alloy one fit.
« Last Edit: 21 February, 2011, 08:36:20 PM by HF_Dave » Logged

My Current Cars:

1991 Thema station wagon
1989 Thema 16v
2011 Lancia Delta 3

1977 Beta sedan 2000
1975 Fulvia S3 1.3
1973 Flavia HF 2000 Coupe
1972 Fulvia S2 1.3
1989 Thema 8.32
**Other Makes**
2018 Alfa Giulia
1999 Alfa 156
2009 Fiat Du
snilloc
Lapsed

« Reply #3 on: 22 February, 2011, 03:09:09 PM »

hi David,i fitted a glassfibre bonnet and bootlid to my KYH 15P track coupe.it came in white.i painted it red gloss but that showed up a less than perfect finish.not wanting to add filler i then tried matt black which didn't highlight the 'ripples'.best regards richard

Thanks Richard, looks like matt black bonnet & boot is the answer.
snilloc
Lapsed

« Reply #4 on: 22 February, 2011, 03:14:51 PM »

Hi david I fitted a glasfibre bonnet to my fulvia S2, Grin I bougt a spares car and the bonnet was fitted to it. I don't know who supplied it. I painted it black so you don't notice any ripples on it. A frirend of mine bought a Fulvia fitted with a glass fiber bonnet and the bonnet looks the same as mine , there is a small flat spot on the left hand side just at the bend line at the front of the bonnet. I over came this with a small rubber block in the channel under the flat spot. I then bought a glass fiber boot lid from Omicron and it is a great fit, I painted this white the same as the car but I can see ripples in the top of it. I still think it's worth while fitting them, No more rust or trying to make an alloy one fit.

Thanks Dave. It's got to be better than watching mine disintergrate.
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 22 February, 2011, 06:59:21 PM »

Have you dismissed the option of repairing what you have? 

Our local body shop quite looks forward to me bringing in something rusty to cut out and replace - AND being paid on completion - in contrast to  bolting on panels to crash damaged cars for insurance companies who then take all year and 20 forms to pay him.   Try the nearest and I bet there'll know where "the old boy" interested in such things is hiding.  Last time mine had quite a grin on his face having proved to himself he still can do it all from scratch.

David

David Laver, Lewisham.
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #6 on: 22 February, 2011, 07:56:58 PM »

hi David,absolutely right,i have found some wonderful metalworkers around here at very reasonable rates.if i had known them in the past i would not have got the glass  fibre panels,although they did save some weight [just]i think

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
snilloc
Lapsed

« Reply #7 on: 23 February, 2011, 01:26:28 PM »

Have you dismissed the option of repairing what you have? 

Our local body shop quite looks forward to me bringing in something rusty to cut out and replace - AND being paid on completion - in contrast to  bolting on panels to crash damaged cars for insurance companies who then take all year and 20 forms to pay him.   Try the nearest and I bet there'll know where "the old boy" interested in such things is hiding.  Last time mine had quite a grin on his face having proved to himself he still can do it all from scratch.

David

I would favour that option but it is really is too far gone to consider now. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd