Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 11:42:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lancia's at a Chyrsler dealership near you soon(ish)  (Read 49813 times)
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #75 on: 27 August, 2011, 12:16:33 PM »

Has everyone seen this already? http://www.lanciachryslerexperience.com

Shame I can't hear a word Francois is saying although I probably wouldn't like it anyway!
I've just listened to and watched the whole of the video, He's a very impressive speaker and speaks without notes, he sounds very sincere, unfortunately having listened to him in Turin in 2006 regarding Lancia Coming back to the UK, one could say we've heard it all before, so it's a case of once bitten twice shy, no matter how sincere he sounds.
Thema, yes I like it very much, Voyager, an upmarket people carrier, Flavia, not convinced, Ypsilon, down right plug ugly!

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Paul Greenway
Megaposter

« Reply #76 on: 29 August, 2011, 03:15:40 PM »

Your'e right Brian, he talks a good tale but the products aren't convincing enough, they just do not look the part especially the Yank versions. Inside the quality and finish seems to be there but outside just leaves me cold, the Thema is bearable, the Voyager too bland and please put the Flavia back on the shelf. The 3-dr Ypsilon is ok, the 5-dr less so, infact the only convincing one is the 3-year old Delta that I would order tomorrow providing we could have the Lancia version. There is not enough quirkiness or individuality to appeal as Lancia's but I suppose Fiat are trying to appeal to newer markets and they have their big picture, I just hope it works.

Incidentally have Fiat any desire to sell all these models to RHD markets outside Europe such as China, Japan, Far East, Australia, South Africa etc etc and if so what marque will they be marketed, it would be nice to think there will be RHD Lancia's somewhere and if so a chance for people/sources in the UK being able to obtain them. Anyone any knowledge of this?

1972 Fulvia Sport 1600

Previous- 78 Montecarlo, 83 HPE VX, 88 integrale, 89 Delta GTie, 90 Y10GTie, 90 Dedra 2.0ieSE, 91 HF Turbo, 91 integrale 16v, 09 Thesis Centenario, 12 Delta 2.0M-J
fensaddler
Lapsed
Permanent resident

« Reply #77 on: 29 August, 2011, 09:54:59 PM »

Your'e right Brian, he talks a good tale but the products aren't convincing enough, they just do not look the part especially the Yank versions. Inside the quality and finish seems to be there but outside just leaves me cold, the Thema is bearable, the Voyager too bland and please put the Flavia back on the shelf. The 3-dr Ypsilon is ok, the 5-dr less so, infact the only convincing one is the 3-year old Delta that I would order tomorrow providing we could have the Lancia version. There is not enough quirkiness or individuality to appeal as Lancia's but I suppose Fiat are trying to appeal to newer markets and they have their big picture, I just hope it works.

Incidentally have Fiat any desire to sell all these models to RHD markets outside Europe such as China, Japan, Far East, Australia, South Africa etc etc and if so what marque will they be marketed, it would be nice to think there will be RHD Lancia's somewhere and if so a chance for people/sources in the UK being able to obtain them. Anyone any knowledge of this?

There is absolutely no hint of anything for Australia.  Moreover I haven't a clue what marque would work for them over there.  Alfa is established, and an upmarket competitor to the prestige German marques, Fiat has a niche following but is really only just re-establishing itself with the 500, Dodge is tiny and Chrysler is just the 300C and Grand Voyager.  The 300C is running out the old model with hoofing great 5.7 and 6.1 engines for the equivalent of £25-30k, whilst the new Voyager is being pushed out as a premium motor at the equivalent of £30-40k.  You could envisage them taking the same strategy as in the UK, and pitching the Lancias as Chryslers, on the basis that there is an established marque presence and dealer network.  Can't see them using the Lancia brand, as the last Lancias in Aus were Beta Coupes, if the secondhand remnants are any guide.  So except for afficionados, the Lancia marque is dead as a dodo in Aus.

Chris Owen
1987 Delta 1.3LX
2012 Skoda Yeti 112TSi 4WD
peterbaker
Permanent resident

www.retro-speed.co.uk

« Reply #78 on: 30 August, 2011, 01:51:25 PM »

Very clever how Chrysler have number one search position when the word Lancia is entered into google. Try Lancia Motor Club and the new Chrysler Delta ranks top of list.

1961 Lancia Flavia 1.5 Berlina. FIAT Abarth. 1954 Daimler Conquest. 2003 MG ZT-T 135. 1998 SAAB 9-5 3 litre turbo.
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #79 on: 30 August, 2011, 08:30:19 PM »

Google is very clever and makes a fortune from being clever. If you notice that it's a 'sponsored' link ... Chrysler (or FIAT) are paying for the Delta link to appear when you type in Lancia. Ads are priced by Google according to the word : the most expensive words are for drugs that people buy.

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
peterbaker
Permanent resident

www.retro-speed.co.uk

« Reply #80 on: 30 August, 2011, 08:46:21 PM »

Its pay per click plus posiioning auction and yes Google employs the best in the business. Its another world.

1961 Lancia Flavia 1.5 Berlina. FIAT Abarth. 1954 Daimler Conquest. 2003 MG ZT-T 135. 1998 SAAB 9-5 3 litre turbo.
HF_Dave
Megaposter

Rust , What Rust !! I don't See any rust !!!

« Reply #81 on: 30 August, 2011, 09:36:03 PM »

Brian, You think yhe ypsilon is butt ugly ! I dont agree, I think it's very modern and elegant for such a small car, look around at the crop of modern small cars, the Ford ka for instance and you can see where the styling is going, modern, curvy, swoopy, what the modern car driver wants. I know you like me are living somwhere in the sixtys to the eighty's as regarding car styling, I think they have a winner. Cheesy

My Current Cars:

1991 Thema station wagon
1989 Thema 16v
2011 Lancia Delta 3

1977 Beta sedan 2000
1975 Fulvia S3 1.3
1973 Flavia HF 2000 Coupe
1972 Fulvia S2 1.3
1989 Thema 8.32
**Other Makes**
2018 Alfa Giulia
1999 Alfa 156
2009 Fiat Du
fensaddler
Lapsed
Permanent resident

« Reply #82 on: 30 August, 2011, 10:35:12 PM »

Brian, You think yhe ypsilon is butt ugly ! I dont agree, I think it's very modern and elegant for such a small car, look around at the crop of modern small cars, the Ford ka for instance and you can see where the styling is going, modern, curvy, swoopy, what the modern car driver wants. I know you like me are living somwhere in the sixtys to the eighty's as regarding car styling, I think they have a winner. Cheesy

In the wrong colour scheme and from the wrong angle, the nose does have a bit of the constipated parrot about it, but in the right colour, and from most angles, its a good looking, modern small car.  With the right pricing and spec it should do well.

Chris Owen
1987 Delta 1.3LX
2012 Skoda Yeti 112TSi 4WD
Paul Greenway
Megaposter

« Reply #83 on: 03 September, 2011, 04:59:49 PM »

Just visited my local Chrysler-Jeep dealership in Preston to discuss new Delta. It will be officially on the market from 26/09/11. The Ypsilon will be here in October although official on sale date TBC. This is what the salesman told me. He told me to date all Deltas in the country are white and each dealership has a showroom car and some also have a demo. He says interest has been good and he has three pre-orders so far.
Apparently Chrysler are very happy with the new product range especially with quality and people with prestige brands have been regular customers of late.
He also said he "should" be  able to order a Lancia badged car, however doubted it could be registered as one. He was well aware that it had been around for three years as a Lancia and seemed to have a better than average understanding of the car than normal, but at the end of the day he is still a car salesperson so believe what you like!

Going back to the car, there are a lot of items requiring change to turn from Chrysler to Lancia, notably external grille/ boot/ wheel centre caps and all the glazing is stamped Chrysler, internally steering wheel/ head restraints/ sill kick plates/ dashboard & centre console graphics. Also under the bonnet rocker cover is also recessed with Chrysler Logo. ID plate states Fiat Auto SPA. I could not see the oil filter which usually has a Alfa/Fiat/Lancia Logo on, so all in all no evidence that it is a Lancia to the average man in the street. Shame!

1972 Fulvia Sport 1600

Previous- 78 Montecarlo, 83 HPE VX, 88 integrale, 89 Delta GTie, 90 Y10GTie, 90 Dedra 2.0ieSE, 91 HF Turbo, 91 integrale 16v, 09 Thesis Centenario, 12 Delta 2.0M-J
Alan Temple

« Reply #84 on: 04 September, 2011, 10:06:14 AM »

Surely, if he thinks he can order a Lancia badged car then it would have to say Lancia on the V5? If you order an Opel you get a RHD car with Opel on the V5. I wonder if you can order a Delta Hard Black in RHD? This is an edition model that doesn't appear to be in the Chrysler range.
HF_Dave
Megaposter

Rust , What Rust !! I don't See any rust !!!

« Reply #85 on: 04 September, 2011, 10:57:02 AM »

Opel cars have been on sale in Ireland for as long as I can remember , My father drove an Opel  caravan estate in the sixty's I think the same car was available in the Uk as a Vauxhall with a few minor detail changes. Can you order an Opel in the UK ? . There are a few secondhand imported Vauxhall's in Ireland, But if you were to tell an Opel Driver he was driving a Vauxhall he would not be impressed, as he thinks he is driving a German engineered and built car. Would this apply to Chrysler drivers ? What if they thought they were driving a posh Fiat ?  Grin
« Last Edit: 04 September, 2011, 11:00:36 AM by HF_Dave » Logged

My Current Cars:

1991 Thema station wagon
1989 Thema 16v
2011 Lancia Delta 3

1977 Beta sedan 2000
1975 Fulvia S3 1.3
1973 Flavia HF 2000 Coupe
1972 Fulvia S2 1.3
1989 Thema 8.32
**Other Makes**
2018 Alfa Giulia
1999 Alfa 156
2009 Fiat Du
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #86 on: 04 September, 2011, 02:26:39 PM »

Opel cars have been on sale in Ireland for as long as I can remember , My father drove an Opel  caravan estate in the sixty's I think the same car was available in the Uk as a Vauxhall with a few minor detail changes. Can you order an Opel in the UK ? . There are a few secondhand imported Vauxhall's in Ireland, But if you were to tell an Opel Driver he was driving a Vauxhall he would not be impressed, as he thinks he is driving a German engineered and built car. Would this apply to Chrysler drivers ? What if they thought they were driving a posh Fiat ?  Grin
Dave,
They would still be driving an Opel design, even if it's badged Vauxhall, Vauxhall haven't designed a car for about 30-40 years, when GM made the decision to give the design lead for vauxhall & Opel passenger cars to Opel, while Vauxhall/Bedford Vans (CF) were built at Luton and sold in Opel Markets as Opel Blitz, if I remember correctly the last all Vauxhall design was back in the 1970's, Vauxhall doesn't have a design department these days, and not a lot else either apart from Ellesmere Port, which has only ever been a manufacturing plant, while Vauxhall at Luton now amounts to less than 1000 personnel manufacturing vans.
When I started at VM back in 1963 I was one of 20,000 mostly at Luton, with trucks at Dunstable, while Ellesmere Port had only just started Assembley of HA Viva, with all the bodies being built at Luton and shipped to them by train.
Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
neil-yaj396
Committee
Permanent resident

« Reply #87 on: 04 September, 2011, 02:42:15 PM »

Appears that conversion to a Lancia is a production line rather than a DIY job. Sounds like it would be down to the willingness of your Chrysler dealer to order it then the production department at Lancia being prepared to build it. As mentioned before it may be easier for a Lancia dealer in Europe to order a RHD spec car?

1979 1300 Beta Coupe, 2014 Ypsilon 1.2 S Series Momo
Paul Greenway
Megaposter

« Reply #88 on: 04 September, 2011, 08:45:09 PM »

Appears that conversion to a Lancia is a production line rather than a DIY job. Sounds like it would be down to the willingness of your Chrysler dealer to order it then the production department at Lancia being prepared to build it. As mentioned before it may be easier for a Lancia dealer in Europe to order a RHD spec car?

Only problem with a European dealer ordering a RHD car is the price which is currently equivalent of £3,000- £6,000 more expensive (list) than the Chrysler version before any import duty/taxes etc. This means top spec cars would be well into 5-series/XF/E-Class etc  territory which unless you are a true die hard or want to keep it forever would be a financial disaster.

1972 Fulvia Sport 1600

neil-yaj396
Committee
Permanent resident

« Reply #89 on: 05 September, 2011, 07:39:46 AM »

Only problem with a European dealer ordering a RHD car is the price which is currently equivalent of £3,000- £6,000 more expensive (list) than the Chrysler version before any import duty/taxes etc. This means top spec cars would be well into 5-series/XF/E-Class etc  territory which unless you are a true die hard or want to keep it forever would be a financial disaster.

I agree, all in all unless the Chrysler dealer will order you one (which seems a bit unlikely to me), the best way to enjoy these obviously attractive cars (I'm including the Ypsilon) would be to wait a couple of years, forget the badge, and buy a second hand one. Afterall that was the attraction of Lancias thru the 80's and 90's, high spec cars at bargain prices?

1979 1300 Beta Coupe, 2014 Ypsilon 1.2 S Series Momo
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd