Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 04:24:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lancia's at a Chyrsler dealership near you soon(ish)  (Read 49820 times)
toby2449
« on: 14 February, 2011, 08:28:44 PM »

well today my fellow Lancia lovers we got the first look at Lancia's new Ypsilon & revised Delta, due in Ireland & Uk from September & June respectively. So, what do you guys think, would a Chrysler badge stop you buying either car?

http://www.lanciapress.com/index.php?lng=2&group=2&method=cartelle&action=article&id=11252

http://www.lanciapress.com/index.php?lng=2&group=2&method=cartelle&action=article&id=11256

Personally it wouldn't stop me, i'd simply just swap the badges back. Of the two, Delta would be my choice, Ypsilon is just too small, & i've loved the look of Delta since it was launched at Geneva in 2008

Also details were released today of the new Thema, Flavia, Flavia Convertible, & Grand Voyager. These cars are causing a huge amount of controversy as they are simply re-badged Chryslers. Can't see the harm myself, Lancia's for the past two decades have been nothing more than re-badged Fiats! As i've said on other forums, these cars may not be to everyone's taste, but Lancia need new models & quickly to kick start sales, & hopefully the ROI will be quite high, so Fiat's next round of Chrysler/Lancia (starting in 2013 with the all new 200/Flavia) will be more in keeping with what we hope will be a brighter future for Lancia....

http://www.lanciapress.com/index.php?lng=2&group=2&method=cartelle&action=article&id=11253

http://www.lanciapress.com/index.php?lng=2&group=2&method=cartelle&action=article&id=11254

http://www.lanciapress.com/index.php?lng=2&group=2&method=cartelle&action=article&id=11255
dlyris
Lapsed

« Reply #1 on: 15 February, 2011, 02:12:00 PM »

Hi,

This news have also come to the Swedish press and there is quite a discussion ongoing amongst the members of the Alfa Romeo club, sadly nothing from the Lancia Swedish club. Opinions are that the new "Lancias" look like elephants and that they have nothing from the elegance of the past. This is expected seeing that they did not even bother to design new cars based on Chrysler's platform. I have problems in thinking of Lancia fans that are willing to buy such a car and then think that they are driving a Lancia. Badge re-engineering is a concept that is rarely successful and I do not think that this case will be any different. I only hope that it is the first step and soon we shall see new designs and new engines based on these platforms .

Best regards

Dimitris Lyris

Best regards

Dimitris Lyris
Lancia Y10 Turbo 87
Paul Greenway
Megaposter

« Reply #2 on: 16 February, 2011, 07:59:04 AM »

How about the UK/Ireland Chrysler dealerships give the customer a series of "Lancia option upgrade packages" from a simple badge swap (minimal cost), a grille (like the current Starech Bentley option grilles on the 300C) and a series of luxury/sport packs/engine upgrades i.e. keep the Chrysler versions as the good value entry packages still with better than average equipment levels in class for your money with the opportunity to  upgrade to Lancia Spec whereby you get all the luxuries and quality associated with prestigious/larger cars yet still be serviced at the same cost.

What would have to be guaranteed from the dealerships, however would be resale values to match the Germans, hopefully this should not be too hard as I imagine the Lancia packages would be less common and cared for better, therefore more sought after come trade in time.

Like everything a good marketing package to get the correct message across would be absolutely vital and dealerships (still not too clever in current Chrysler/Fiat Group circles) need to be top notch both pre and after sales. Can they show the passion and deliver it?

1972 Fulvia Sport 1600

Previous- 78 Montecarlo, 83 HPE VX, 88 integrale, 89 Delta GTie, 90 Y10GTie, 90 Dedra 2.0ieSE, 91 HF Turbo, 91 integrale 16v, 09 Thesis Centenario, 12 Delta 2.0M-J
toby2449
« Reply #3 on: 17 February, 2011, 04:55:05 PM »

I had queried with Fiat Ireland the possibility of getting something like badge packages to convert Chryslers into Lancia's & they flatly rejected the idea, said basically if i wanted to buy a Lancia i'd have to import one! Fiat just haven't a clue do they!
Kevin MacBride
Lapsed
Megaposter

« Reply #4 on: 17 February, 2011, 05:10:22 PM »

As it happens, the Dealership I work for will be taking on Chrysler. No sign of any updates as yet to parts information. Jeep has appeared on our 'warranty' sections.
If and when I see anything I'll post a notification.

B20 4th series (having a 'facelift')

2000 sedan
Fiat Multipla
Fiat Cinquecento
OckaPete
« Reply #5 on: 17 February, 2011, 05:54:23 PM »

Badge Engineering can work if its done properly. Ford Australia only really produced one platform the Falcon, so for their mid and small car range they used Mazda. It wasn't a badge swap, but a redesign of the face (front wings, bonnet, Grille and bumpers), lights front and rear as well as some of the inside. Holden did it with less success using Nissan and Toyota as that was just a badge swap. The 'World Car' put an end to all this.
toby2449
« Reply #6 on: 17 February, 2011, 08:14:16 PM »

As it happens, the Dealership I work for will be taking on Chrysler. No sign of any updates as yet to parts information. Jeep has appeared on our 'warranty' sections.

Kev, are you still in Donohoes?Am i right in thinking Chrysler distribution in Ireland is now going to be controlled by Fiat? hey don't forget to give us the inside line where Delta & Ypsilon land! Grin
lee69
« Reply #7 on: 17 February, 2011, 09:01:13 PM »

How about the UK/Ireland Chrysler dealerships give the customer a series of "Lancia option upgrade packages" from a simple badge swap (minimal cost), a grille (like the current Starech Bentley option grilles on the 300C) and a series of luxury/sport packs/engine upgrades i.e. keep the Chrysler versions as the good value entry packages still with better than average equipment levels in class for your money with the opportunity to  upgrade to Lancia Spec whereby you get all the luxuries and quality associated with prestigious/larger cars yet still be serviced at the same cost.

What would have to be guaranteed from the dealerships, however would be resale values to match the Germans, hopefully this should not be too hard as I imagine the Lancia packages would be less common and cared for better, therefore more sought after come trade in time.

Like everything a good marketing package to get the correct message across would be absolutely vital and dealerships (still not too clever in current Chrysler/Fiat Group circles) need to be top notch both pre and after sales. Can they show the passion and deliver it?

A good idea - smart do this with the Brabus brand. They now offer Brabus Tailormade, where customers can have any part of their car cosmetically modified at the factory, without affecting warranties. The most extreme example I've seen is a ForTwo Brabus Tailormade in Gulf colours (which means lots of orange interior detailing), yours for just £22,000  Shocked. I suppose Fiat are already doing the same uber-brand concept with Abarth ie it's not a Fiat 500 Abarth Esse Esse, it's an Abarth 500 Esse Esse.
« Last Edit: 17 February, 2011, 10:16:38 PM by lee69 » Logged
stuwilson128
Non-LMC Seller
Rebel Poster

« Reply #8 on: 17 February, 2011, 09:18:17 PM »

I recently visited Auto Halan in Amsterdam and was told that if any member does buy a Chrysler badged Lancia, then Auto Halan should be able to supply Lancia badges if anybody requires them.  It may be worth contacting them to confirm this before placing any orders.

Stuart Wilson 11175
1973 Fulvia Coupe 1.3
2000 Lybra SW 2.4JTd
2009 Delta 1.9 Twin Turbo
Kevin MacBride
Lapsed
Megaposter

« Reply #9 on: 17 February, 2011, 11:59:30 PM »

Kev, are you still in Donohoes?Am i right in thinking Chrysler distribution in Ireland is now going to be controlled by Fiat? hey don't forget to give us the inside line where Delta & Ypsilon land! Grin
Nope, I left just before Christmas. I'm now with www.bodvss.ie which was originally the parts distrubutor for Ireland. Since Jan it added Fiat and Alfa Romeo parts, and from later this year will add Chrysler parts. I'm the Fiat and Alfa person...

B20 4th series (having a 'facelift')

2000 sedan
Fiat Multipla
Fiat Cinquecento
Paul Greenway
Megaposter

« Reply #10 on: 18 February, 2011, 08:04:20 AM »

Interesting take on the whole Chrysler-Lancia merge on the Contract hire and leasing website (www.contracthireandleasing.com)

1972 Fulvia Sport 1600

Previous- 78 Montecarlo, 83 HPE VX, 88 integrale, 89 Delta GTie, 90 Y10GTie, 90 Dedra 2.0ieSE, 91 HF Turbo, 91 integrale 16v, 09 Thesis Centenario, 12 Delta 2.0M-J
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #11 on: 18 February, 2011, 11:38:01 AM »

Interesting take on the whole Chrysler-Lancia merge on the Contract hire and leasing website (www.contracthireandleasing.com)

Overall a good article and not as bad as one would suppose from the opening comments and headline., I've left a comment as no doubt others here will.

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
fensaddler
Lapsed
Permanent resident

« Reply #12 on: 19 February, 2011, 09:29:08 AM »

Good article and a positive summation of the hard nosed rationale for the merger, and the potential positive benefits of it.

Chris Owen
1987 Delta 1.3LX
2012 Skoda Yeti 112TSi 4WD
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #13 on: 19 February, 2011, 12:34:11 PM »

ahhhh, nice to see a different take on it and it does make sense to me. Least I will be able to say Ypsilon Smiley

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
fensaddler
Lapsed
Permanent resident

« Reply #14 on: 19 February, 2011, 05:28:08 PM »

Overall a good article and not as bad as one would suppose from the opening comments and headline., I've left a comment as no doubt others here will.

Brian
8227 Cool

I think the moderator must take the weekend off, since no posts have made it up yet, yours or mine...

Chris Owen
1987 Delta 1.3LX
2012 Skoda Yeti 112TSi 4WD
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd