Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 11:01:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Race Retro  (Read 9174 times)
thecolonel
« on: 25 January, 2011, 12:02:55 PM »

As this event is open to all I've been asked to post the following:

Celebrate LANCIA in MOTORSPORT at RACE RETRO, Stoneleigh near Coventry, FEB 25-27 , 2011

Race Retro are celebrating Jaguar, LANCIA and Italian Motorcycles this year - and YOUR CAR can be part of the display . As well as seeing Miki Biasion in a Lancia plus much more more, Club LanciaSport have secured a "two for the price of one" offer for all Lancia owners which includes limited special Lancia display parking on a first come first served basis (max 60 cars per day).

Just visit lanciasport.com/regalia/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=11, select the day you want to go and register.  RACE RETRO will then contact you and process the payment.  Soon afterwards, you get your admission ticket, a special car pass and a FREE adult admission!

If you've not been to the show, visit www.raceretro.co.uk for the full details. 

Don't miss it !

Regards

Club LanciaSport

« Reply #1 on: 25 January, 2011, 07:44:58 PM »

Copied from CLS forum:

It might we worth pointing out that to celebrate the "Lancia in Rallying" theme, there is a special 6 car CLS display stand in hall 1 for which the plan to have 2 x Fulvia, 2 x Delta, S4/Delta from Mick and due to the Montecarlo theme also being part of the show (and also the stand next door) there maybe a competition Aurelia or similar on our stand in hall 1.  Outside there are two Gp A cars - one driven by Miki Biasion.  The other by Mick Wood.  Anyone in a Stratos Replica is also directly invited to park in the parcours right infront of the halls in pride of place.  They want a line of liveried cars to get the mood going.

It will be a mega Lancia show inside and out - for which it would be great to inform as many as possible. 

andymc

Is that a Golf with a bodykit?

« Reply #2 on: 25 January, 2011, 07:56:17 PM »

Looking forward to it Geoff. Should be a great day out.

1993 integrale Evo 2
SteveGales
Megaposter

« Reply #3 on: 25 January, 2011, 08:41:14 PM »

One thing maybe worth checking, I've been a few times to the show mainly to see the 'live Rally Stage' and normally they only
run it on the Sat / Sun ,usually 3-4 times per day. One year I went on the Friday only to find out this in the programme, I was more than
a bit miffed.

Last year's stage layout was much improved over previous years which tended to be all short straights and 90 bends. Still, great to see
and HEAR all the Group B cars (normally provided by the 'Slowly Sideways' club) in action.

Oh, and wrap up warm ,it's normally b....y freezing!!

Steve
andymc

« Reply #4 on: 25 January, 2011, 11:47:17 PM »

Hi Steve

Going on the Saturday all being well. Will dig out my thermals!

BTW have you seen this?

http://www.deltaintegrale.com/

1993 integrale Evo 2
SteveGales
Megaposter

« Reply #5 on: 26 January, 2011, 09:52:36 PM »

Hi Andy

We are hoping to go on the Saturday as well, look forward to catching up then.

Bit of a change from their old website !

Steve
phil-m
Lapsed

« Reply #6 on: 29 January, 2011, 05:32:31 PM »

How do you get access to park indoors? I am thinking of bringing my Flavia Zagato as part of its run outs prior to competing in the Tour Auto in France.
thecolonel
« Reply #7 on: 29 January, 2011, 06:28:26 PM »

As far as I know the first 60 Lancias cars to arrive
 each day get to park in the hall.
Further info on the CLS forum, Event is for all Lancias
it is not dependant on being a member of any club
Geoff
andymc

« Reply #8 on: 29 January, 2011, 08:02:48 PM »

That's right Geoff. Reserve the space though he CLS shop but don't pay any money. You then get a call from Race Retro to take your money and the tickets are then posted prior to the event.

1993 integrale Evo 2
peterbaker
Permanent resident

www.retro-speed.co.uk

« Reply #9 on: 01 February, 2011, 10:31:00 PM »

Hi Steve, just checked and your right, there is no live stage on Friday.

1961 Lancia Flavia 1.5 Berlina. FIAT Abarth. 1954 Daimler Conquest. 2003 MG ZT-T 135. 1998 SAAB 9-5 3 litre turbo.
andymc

« Reply #10 on: 01 February, 2011, 10:51:06 PM »

Was at a local motor engineers today. They build and prepare race and kit cars and do restoration work as well as currently having a Hawk stratos on the go for a client they have this in the workshop and are trine to get it finished for race retro. Interesting restoration story....

http://www.oldclassiccar.co.uk/dodgerestoration.htm

1993 integrale Evo 2
thecolonel
« Reply #11 on: 14 February, 2011, 11:31:14 PM »

Due to some nasty types attacking/hacking webites I've been asked to post the following:

Hello all

I had to take the club shop site down following yet another hackers efforts.
I'll be installing totally new software... but not right this instant!

All those that have ordered so far have no need to worry - the requests have
gone through to Race Retro and you will be contacted.

But alas from now on, it's a manual system!

I will email in the next days, but if you would like to go.  It's Ł20 for
TWO adult tickets - which is a serious saving versus on the day.

Just email me at jp@lanciasport.com and I can process it for you

Cheers

rikardo
Megaposter

« Reply #12 on: 27 February, 2011, 11:30:51 AM »

Miki Biasion, totally nice bloke!
I missed the 'grale's rear bumper removal(!) during his first run on the course, but was treated to some close-quarter "doughnuts" at the start/finish on another run. He was definitely giving it some! One of the quickest cars there and I'm sure I wasn't seeing it through rose-tinted spectacles!

That event he organised last year which featured in Auto Italia (Miki and friends) left him out of pocket, he said, and he may or may not do it again this year. If so, it's likely to be in November. Keep an eye on here.

http://www.amikimiei.it/index.php?lang=en

1992 Delta HF integrale
1993 Dedra integrale
and several Alfas
peterbaker
Permanent resident

www.retro-speed.co.uk

« Reply #13 on: 27 February, 2011, 07:19:37 PM »

A few pics

* 26.02.11_ 047.jpg (132.07 KB, 600x400 - viewed 411 times.)

* 26.02.11_ 088.jpg (151.1 KB, 600x400 - viewed 415 times.)

* 26.02.11_ 098.jpg (155.29 KB, 600x400 - viewed 431 times.)

* 26.02.11_ 036.jpg (142.32 KB, 600x400 - viewed 443 times.)
« Last Edit: 27 February, 2011, 07:22:52 PM by peterbaker » Logged

1961 Lancia Flavia 1.5 Berlina. FIAT Abarth. 1954 Daimler Conquest. 2003 MG ZT-T 135. 1998 SAAB 9-5 3 litre turbo.
SteveGales
Megaposter

« Reply #14 on: 27 February, 2011, 08:37:24 PM »

I agree Richard, Miki Biasion was certainly in 'maximum attack' mode and the Delta certainly looked the quickest thing out there in his
hands.

I thought the course this year was very disappointing with hay bales placed not only on the outside of corners (all very tight 90 degree)
but also on the inside/apex so very little room to 'get the back end out'. Miki managed it and his car control was truly amazing (bumper removal aside!).

Margaret and I were chatting to the cars' owner Justin Law at the start of the stage whilst Miki was out in the car with Don Law and
he was telling us about his first run as passenger when Biasion took the bumper off, he said he didn't 'bat an eyelid' and carried on flat out. Just at that moment Miki arrived at the finish and threw the car into several doughnuts with a huge tree a few feet away!
Justin's comment was....'don't mind the tree then'! I think at that stage he was worried about the car surviving the day let alone the weekend!!
Another interesting snippet whilst talking to him was that he had imagined the car would be faster than it actually was but as he admitted he was normally used to Group C Jags with 700 BHP(their company prepare and race Jags) but whilst out on that first run
with Biasion, Miki had said 'don't you run the car with this switched on?', pointing to a tiny metal toggle switch next to the centre dash
vents....switched on and loads more power!

Fascinating talking to him, I hope his car survived the weekend! Also a real treat to see the Delta being driven as it would have been in it's heyday by a true Lancia rally legend.
Steve
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd