Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 11:43:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Simply Italian - Beaulieu  (Read 20173 times)
thecolonel
« Reply #30 on: 18 May, 2011, 08:28:41 AM »

Is the LMC area open to all Lancias ?
HPEHF
Megaposter

« Reply #31 on: 19 May, 2011, 12:53:59 PM »

This event is open to all Italian cars the LMC would welcome all lancisit on to their area, we have arranged space for upto 30 of our members cars

I do not know what will happen if more cars turn up on the day?

Regards

Simon Davis
« Last Edit: 19 May, 2011, 08:09:49 PM by HPEHF » Logged
thecolonel
« Reply #32 on: 19 May, 2011, 02:02:30 PM »

Post deleted.
« Last Edit: 19 May, 2011, 02:09:46 PM by thecolonel » Logged
thecolonel
« Reply #33 on: 19 May, 2011, 02:26:46 PM »

You will have to bring your own booze as I only ever carry enough for one.

G.I.Holmes 14624
« Last Edit: 23 May, 2011, 09:33:11 PM by thecolonel » Logged
Harvey
« Reply #34 on: 19 May, 2011, 03:53:30 PM »

Whereas I'm not attending at all, but will have enough booze to share. Party at my place Sunday afternoon. :-)
sllim1946

« Reply #35 on: 20 May, 2011, 02:58:03 PM »

I would like to make it known to recent posters on this thread that the attitude shown to a non member has caused him to change his mind about entering the Goodwood Trackday and possibly having any more to do with the club.

Please guys this club is hard enough to run as it it - BE CAREFUL!!!

Brian Mills

1961 Appia Berlina S3
2Lancialan

« Reply #36 on: 20 May, 2011, 04:28:22 PM »

For goodness sake, let's all just go along and enjoy the weekend and stop getting so fractious about who's a member and who isn't. As far as I'm concerned, anyone who turns up driving a Lancia is a comrade of mine and should be made to feel welcome.

Incidentally, Deborah and I will probably have one or two bottles of wine chilling in the boot, so please feel free to visit us and I may be inclined to pour you a glass or two, if I've got any left.

Best wishes to all,

Alan
Harvey
« Reply #37 on: 20 May, 2011, 06:22:02 PM »

I was just being frivolous (as usual).

I'd best not take the booze to the track day instead, had I? Smiley
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #38 on: 23 May, 2011, 08:40:09 AM »

What a disappointemnt Simply Italian turned out to be, especially after such a great day at Goodwood on the saturday, not helped by them being disorganised and employing a commentator who knew very little about Lancia's, I bet Steve was really pleased to be told his intergale was Ferrari Red, amongst many other mistakes due to lack of knowledge, and being told we were priviliged to have Ferrari's there, about 3 older ones the rest were modern, might have pleased some of the visitors I certainly wasn't pleased.
In retrespect, I we (Frank Tierney and myself) could have straight home on saturday and gone to what we knew would be a great Classic Car Show at the Shuttleworth Collection at Old Warden, rather than waste the cost of a Hotel room, eating out and the extra fuel to get to Beaulieu entrance fee,  and home.
It was a good day as far as meeting Lancia friends and others
As far as I could see we were also probably the largest contingent of older cars and possibly overall.
But I certainly won't be wasting my money if they repeat it next year.

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #39 on: 23 May, 2011, 11:50:38 AM »

I suppose they didn't really know what was going to turn up so would have been hard to organise parking although had the scooters not been directed where they were we would have had a straight run down (as was the plan). I didn't hear the comment about Ferrari Red but at least we could keep up with the 430 going up and down the drive Smiley I'm hoping to find a picture of that somewhere !
I didn't see all of the museum or the grounds (deliberately) so that next time I can wander further afield. From my point of view it was closer to home and the drive back up the A36 was great. It was also nice to see the new forest again , it's just a great place to be.

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
Chris Hopkins
Librarian
Megaposter

« Reply #40 on: 23 May, 2011, 12:56:59 PM »

Ok it was a bit dissapointing not being able to park with the other lancias when with a bit more reactive management, as there was plenty of space on the grass, we could still have been grouped, but I accept the uncertainty about numbers.  Anyway, I and my daughter's family enjoyed the experience, it was also quite a child friendly place so had plenty to keep them interested.  The girls loved the monorail, the double decker bus and the electric cars - which was all included in the price, which helps!  Vicki was not too sure about being interviewed but she gave the right answer about her choice of car!
Simon is going to feed back some thoughts for the future to hopefully help Beaulieu and Steve (in one of the winning Lancias!) suggested if there is a next time, we could meet up somewhere and arrive in convoy like the scooters and so maybe given a big enough space.

Chris Hopkins
1971 Fulvia Berlina S2
1973 Fulvia Sport 1600
2011 Delta 3 Limited
2012 Ypsilon 1.2 Limited Edition
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #41 on: 23 May, 2011, 06:32:25 PM »

Ok it was a bit dissapointing not being able to park with the other lancias when with a bit more reactive management, as there was plenty of space on the grass, we could still have been grouped, but I accept the uncertainty about numbers.  Anyway, I and my daughter's family enjoyed the experience, it was also quite a child friendly place so had plenty to keep them interested.  The girls loved the monorail, the double decker bus and the electric cars - which was all included in the price, which helps!  Vicki was not too sure about being interviewed but she gave the right answer about her choice of car!
Simon is going to feed back some thoughts for the future to hopefully help Beaulieu and Steve (in one of the winning Lancias!) suggested if there is a next time, we could meet up somewhere and arrive in convoy like the scooters and so maybe given a big enough space.

Brian
I thought it was already agreed that we would have space for 30 Lancia's?

I understand from my brother that Graham Robson is an acknowledged expert on Fords, but certainly isn't when it comes to Italian cars, particularily Lancia, from what I saw we also probably had the largest contingent of the older cars.

I agree with everyone else that the Museum is good and it's a great place to take children, but that wasn't why I went to Beaulieu, I went for the Italian car day, and it that context I was disappointed.

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #42 on: 23 May, 2011, 07:45:56 PM »

Yes, when I spoke to Graham he did ask me a few questions about the integrale and said he didn't know much about them. What I didn't expect was when he interviewed me to mention it was like a roller skate which is one of my other hobbies ! .... threw me a bit !

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
SteveGales
Megaposter

« Reply #43 on: 23 May, 2011, 08:40:06 PM »

Strange as Graham has written two books on Lancia as part of his excellent 'Rally Giants' series , one on the Stratos and the other
on the Delta !

Steve
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #44 on: 24 May, 2011, 09:02:25 PM »

The commentator was even worse on the Aprillia. First he speculated it might have been the first unitary construction car built by the Italian car industry. Having had it pointed out that it was the third successive unitary construction model by Lancia he tried discounting the Lambda as "they didn't build many of those". When it was pointed out that they built more Lambdas than Aprillias he jokingly asked how long it would take the owner to get home. Thankfully, after being told it would take the same amount of time as anyone else becaused it cruises perfectly happily at the legal limit, the commentator stopped digging.

Overall I expected a much slicker opperation from such a high profile venue. Perhaps it will pick up in future years.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd