Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 12:51:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stainless Stephen's Aprilia  (Read 11106 times)
Andrew Cox
« Reply #15 on: 26 January, 2011, 08:56:06 AM »

Hi David
            The kit is simply an insert to take the place of the original filter, and a double ended nipple which screws into the drain hole below the filter. I will need to have hoses made to suit. The insert and nipple are stamped "in " and "out". With luck there should be a photo attached, if not I will twist Noel's arm to post one. I did toy with the idea of fitting the top of the original filter to the conversion for asthetic reasons, hence this is included in the photo. Grant's Email address is grant@upcreek.com.au .Grant has also made patterns for the 2nd Series water pump housing , and has rebuilt pumps for Joe Wilson and Don Hume. Grant can also supply you with a reproduction rear end assembly for your W.O.Bentley if you require one.

I once sent out invitations to Australian Lancia Register members  to attend our annnual "Vincenzio's Birthday Dinner". I still cringe at the memory. Thanks for the grammatical correction, it might save me some pain in the future.

Cheers
Andrew
BlueSky
Lapsed

« Reply #16 on: 26 January, 2011, 09:03:31 AM »

Here is the pic of the oil filter kit Andrew was trying to post.
Noel

* oil filter kit.jpg (221.31 KB, 1024x683 - viewed 368 times.)

1937 1st series Aprilia Berlina
Nissan X-Trail T31 TS
1920 P & M 3 1/2hp {FOR SALE}
John Deere LX188
www.narrywoolan.com.au/home
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #17 on: 26 January, 2011, 10:17:27 AM »

Stuart can you put these in the Technical section please, otherwise they might get lost and someone looking for the information might not be able to find it, must admit though I do the same Roll Eyes

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #18 on: 01 April, 2011, 12:28:11 AM »

It seems that Stainless Stephens Aprilia wasn't his only means of transport.
Just came across this snippet of information in the latest issue of our village News Smiley
Just as well I'd read this thread otherwise the name wouldn't have meant anything to me Grin

Brian
8227 Cool

* Stainless Stephens Silsoe and other means of Transport.jpg (213.74 KB, 1765x1214 - viewed 394 times.)
« Last Edit: 01 April, 2011, 12:30:14 AM by fay66 » Logged

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Andrew Cox
« Reply #19 on: 01 April, 2011, 11:32:28 AM »

The image of Arthur Clifford Baynes (aka Stainless Stephen) pedalling his tricycle while wearing his bowler hat, stainless steel vest, flashing buttons and revolving bowtie is quite an intriguing one. Cedric Bristow was very helpfull with information about the history of the car. Cedric has a letter and a photo from Arthur which tells much of the early history of SS 4067, and also a number of photos and anecdotes from his period of ownership. With a bit of luck we should be able to update Noel's website with a more complete history of the car very soon. I am heading off to Noel's place early tomorrow morning to spend the weekend fettling the car. I think Noel has posted a short video of my first test drive in the car, it was good fun!.

Cheers
Andrew
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd