Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 11:07:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kord Beddig  (Read 2865 times)
JohnMillham
Permanent resident

« on: 07 January, 2011, 07:03:26 PM »

I heard the sad news today that Kord Beddig, long time friend of many of us with older Lancias, has died. His funeral will be on Tuesday next at Arpajon, on the N20 south of Paris at 11.30. 
Dilambdaman
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 07 January, 2011, 10:18:16 PM »

That is sad news indeed. I didn't know him well but he is responsible for the unique and lovely radiator cap on my Dilambda. He bought it at an autojumble many years ago and was thrilled to bits when he at last found a buyer for it. Whenever he and I were on the same event he would make sure that everyone knew of his part in the restoration of Modestine. I still have the amazingly detailed sketches he made of it and sent to me to make sure that it was the correct one.

Robin.

Robin Lacey 3222

1932 Dilambda
1992 Y10 GTie
2012 Delta Mk3
St Volumex
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

Owner of RetroPart

« Reply #2 on: 09 January, 2011, 09:38:32 AM »

I'm sorry to hear that John. 

Kord stayed at the same B&B as Carol and I during last year's Sliding Pillar Rally, so we ate breakfast with him a couple of times, and he gave us a lift once in his car. 

Even though we hardly knew him, he had an obviously mischievious sense of humour, and he entertained us greatly by retelling some ancedotal differences between European nationalities with a sparkle in his eyes.

We will miss him.

Guy McDougall
www.facebook.com/RetroPart
Rare Parts for Rare Machines
Appia Coupé S3 (Rosina), Appia Berlina S3 (La Giaconda), Fulvia 1.3S 5 spd coupé (Tigger, belongs to Carol), Beta Spyder S2 (Vivaldi), Montecarlo Spyder S2, HPE VX (Pugsly) etc
JohnMillham
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 09 January, 2011, 11:28:44 AM »

Yes, Kord knew a thing or two about Europeans and had a great sense of humour. He was German, lived much of his life in Switzerland and the last few years in the Parissian outskirts at Montlhery with his French wife Imke.
Sliding Pillar
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 09 January, 2011, 04:30:34 PM »

The trademark brown Trilby, a lighted cigarette and a wry smile, it could only be Kord Beddig!

1955 Aurelia
1961 Lamborghini
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 10 January, 2011, 09:33:31 AM »

The trademark brown Trilby, a lighted cigarette and a wry smile, it could only be Kord Beddig!

Is there a photo of the man, some of us might have come across him at some point in passing, but don't recognise the name.

In 1997 I met a very interesting German Theta owner on Frank Dehler's Tour to Lake Orta and Fobello,
Along with many others whose names have disappeared in the intervening years, who was most intersting to talk to.

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd