Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 09:13:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The nightmare after Christmas  (Read 8813 times)
ColinMarr
Permanent resident

« Reply #15 on: 10 January, 2011, 01:52:32 PM »

In an earlier post David Wheeler said: “It is not practically possible to remove the box without taking out the engine as it is too difficult to refit the clutch operating yoke”. Maybe all Aprilias are not the same in this respect because I have all-too vivid memories of doing just this several times with my 1939 Lusso.

There was a time when my car was chewing its way through clutch release bearings and because of other pressures and the need to keep the car on the road it was easier to replace the bearings (about £1 and10 shillings from Edmunds Walker, my local stockist) rather than find a proper solution, which is another story.

As I remember it, it was possible to jiggle the clutch ‘fork’ into place before inserting the vertical rod through the bell housing and tightening the pinch bolt. But then lots of things seemed easier to do in the 1960s!

Colin
Peter W

« Reply #16 on: 12 January, 2011, 11:39:39 PM »

When the gearbox output shaft on my car sheared on my car I removed the gearbox in the road without removing the engine.  I then took the box into work (the deHavilland Engine Company) where the machine tool repair department kindly rebuilt it for me.  I do not recall having much difficulty either removing or replacing it, but it was a long time ago.

Peter

Kappa Coupe
Beta VX Coupe
S2 Fulvia 1600HF
davidwheeler
Permanent resident

« Reply #17 on: 19 January, 2011, 09:33:40 PM »

Well, since my box has decided it doesn't want to go into 1st or reverse any more I might just try it...

David Wheeler.  Lambdas, Aprilia, Fulvia Sport.(formerly Appia and Thema as well).
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd