Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
16 April, 2024, 03:06:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lancia Beta Spider Hood - 2 sizes yes or no?  (Read 3954 times)
peteracs
Administrator
Rebel Poster

« on: 18 December, 2010, 06:30:58 PM »

Hi All

I was all set to buy a new hood for my spider when I came across this post in the archive section of the Lancia Beta Forum which implied that there are 2 different sizes of hood for the Spider.

http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=115.0

There was no satisfactory expalnation as far as I can see, so can anyone throw any light on what the full story is and hence what I need to look out for?

For the record I have a Series 2 pre F/L 1977 reg car.

Many thanks in advance. I am also going to post on Lancia Beta and Lancisti site to see if anyone there has any info and does not monitor this forum.

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 09 January, 2011, 10:10:03 PM »

Dates referred to on the BetaBoyz clip make me think this might be to do with Series 2 pre and post first facelift body mods. The roof line on the Coupe is different so might this also apply to the Spyder?
peteracs
Administrator
Rebel Poster

« Reply #2 on: 09 January, 2011, 11:13:47 PM »

Hi

I too suspected this, but so far the feedback is that there is no known difference (have not compared part nos yet) and that the reason for the fitting issue was due to trying to fit in cold weather which is definitely an issue especially with a new top and not recommended unless it is warm.

I also have a spares S2 F/L car and the measurements I have taken appear to confirm it is the same, though it was difficult to do acurately.

If anyone else has any experience of fitting a hood to one it would be appreciated.

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd