Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 10:26:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lancia win 2010 European Rally  (Read 2352 times)
GT

« on: 06 December, 2010, 12:25:35 PM »

Maidenhead based Team MacColl won the 2010 Staples2Naples Rally in a 1981 Lancia Beta 1600 HPE beating Volvo, Citroen and Audi on the way. This adventurous father and son team competed against 22 other hopefuls in a charity rally challenge across Europe. Many skills other than driving saw them win this years rally. Their £125 HPE saw them through to Naples and back with plenty of the usual Lancia idiosyncrasies. See their exploits on http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=C240BE095F93D996&feature=bf and their blog at http://mackingitaly.blogspot.com/   
So far they have raised over £5k for the Motor Neurone Disease Association. Why not sponsor them for keeping Lancia at the forefront in rallying!
http://www.justgiving.com/MacKing-UK-Does-Italy-In-A-Lancia

Gerard Thorp.
2012 Musa 1.4 Bi-Colore Platino.
Previous liaisons with a Fulvia Berlinetta, Beta 1.4 saloon, 4 Delta's, Dedra 1.8, Elafantino Rosso Ypsilon and 2 Ypsilon 1.3 diesels.
m tulloch
Megaposter

« Reply #1 on: 06 December, 2010, 06:32:49 PM »

Don't know where they find them. I've been looking on & off for a sub £150 Lancia to do one of these rallies for the past couple of years. Huh?
lee69
« Reply #2 on: 07 December, 2010, 09:05:11 AM »

On the Beta Boyz stand at the NEC next year?
the.cern
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 07 December, 2010, 08:30:17 PM »

What a brilliant record of a typically lunatic British endeavour. I loved the view from the top of the pass looking back on the road just driven, that must have been a fantastic drive in an HPE. I used to love mine on some of the excellent winding roads of north Essex.

A local lady, Julia, is undertaking a similar venture in January. This is the Plymouth to Banjul Rally, 4000mls across Europe and West Africa starting in early January. The Rally rules require that vehicles cost less than £100 and are LHD. The chosen car is an Autobianchi Y10 1.1ie. Now, we all know that the Autobianchi is really a Lancia in disguise ......... and hence my interest. With the help of my offspring I have worked my way through 4 of these lovely little cars, but the last 2 went, some 2yrs ago, to a local Y10 owner. He has had his car from new and still uses it for his daily commute, in last week's snow he was driving from Southend to Orpington without any problems.

I have given Julia all my few spares, I didn't know I had so much lurking in the garage. This includes hoses, distributor, cw condenser, rotor arm and cap, a thermostat, alternator and fuel pump. My spares have all come from cars with the 998cc FIRE engine and I'm not sure which parts are relevant for the 1.1ie engine. Please will someone advise.

Also, please can anyone give advice on particular problems/weak spots that affect this model. The only weakness I encountered was the pins at the various joints between the various rods in the gearchange linkage. These failed on 2 of my cars, very inconvenient to say the least !!!

Any advice, suggestions  and indeed spares, will be very gratefully received.

Andy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd