Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
19 March, 2024, 04:11:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Italian websites that you might find useful, and help in navigating them!  (Read 11433 times)
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #15 on: 27 November, 2010, 10:29:54 AM »

This Ardea is interesting (not because I want to buy it - too far gone for this price, although I would really, really love an Ardea!):

http://www.autoscout24.it/Details.aspx?id=184891294

In the 5th picture it has what looks like a little mini-radiator in front of the standard one on, with 'Tudor' written on it. Tudor were a British company, and I know them as a manufacturer of windscreen washer pumps and reservoirs, but this looks to me like an accessory heater.

Never seen one like it elsewhere, though, and I wonder how it found its way to Italy!

Cheers

Alan

Alan,
I can't find an exact match for your Tudor Heater, but Tudor certainly made heaters for cars back in the 1950's, as I remember when I was looking for something to fit to an old Morris, but I eventually finished up fitting a Smiths Heater.
I wonder how the youth of today would cope with driving in gloves, hats and scarfs, with your arm getting frozen while holding a torch, trying to pick up the cats eyes in good old Peasouper!
Have a look here.
http://www.oldclassiccar.co.uk/car-heaters.htm

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Sebastien
Megaposter

« Reply #16 on: 27 November, 2010, 10:52:14 AM »

Re the Ardea advert on autoscout24.it:
This is the car battery, not an accessory heater. The battery is in front of the radiator, just like the later Flaminia.
And Tudor is still a battery trademark, owned by Exide, see http://ceac.tripod.com/indexfr.html
So in this Ardea, you still need to wear gloves, scarves, etc in the winter, although 4 up, it should get quite cosy and warm.....

Sébastien
« Last Edit: 27 November, 2010, 10:55:34 AM by Sebastien » Logged
JohnMillham
Permanent resident

« Reply #17 on: 27 November, 2010, 04:12:08 PM »

First site offers an Augusta gearbox for €30, which I would be delighted to have!

That's amazing! If it looks kosher I can call them if you want. Sounds like a fantastic bargain to me!

Cheers

Alan
Yes please Alan. I suspect they will want a fortune to send it, but it's worth a try. Regards, John
westernlancia
Lapsed

Appia S1 - 2006 Turin centenary Car of the Century

« Reply #18 on: 27 November, 2010, 11:04:41 PM »

Yes please Alan. I suspect they will want a fortune to send it, but it's worth a try. Regards, John
[/quote]

Will do, John - can you let me have their contact details?

Have you got PayPal - if you have I can tell them you can pay like that, but if not you'll need to send either euros or let them have your IBAN No. Let me have an email with the details, and I will sort it on Monday.

Cheers

Alan

00 Lancia Y Elefantino Rosso, 96 Lancia Y 1.2, 84 VW Golf GTi, 66 VW Splitscreen, 56 Ford Anglia, 56 Lancia Appia S1, 54 Ford Prefect, 54 Lancia Appia S1, 37 Terraplane, lovely old trailer, 10,000 vintage accessories
oldcaraccessories.com
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #19 on: 28 November, 2010, 12:05:57 AM »

This is the car battery, not an accessory heater. The battery is in front of the radiator, just like the later Flaminia.
And Tudor is still a battery trademark, owned by Exide, see http://ceac.tripod.com/indexfr.html
So in this Ardea, you still need to wear gloves, scarves, etc in the winter, although 4 up, it should get quite cosy and warm.....

Sébastien

Just zoomed in 200% and you can clearly see it's a battery as Sebastian points out, and in the photo shown from above the radiator, if you look closely you can see the battery terminal as the cover must have been removed.

Brian
8227 Cool

Dedra Technical Adviser
westernlancia
Lapsed

« Reply #20 on: 28 November, 2010, 10:49:55 AM »

Sébastien
Just zoomed in 200% and you can clearly see it's a battery as Sebastian points out, and in the photo shown from above the radiator, if you look closely you can see the battery terminal as the cover must have been removed.
Brian
8227 Cool

Thanks Brian and Sebastien - I feel a silly billy now for not realising it. I'm actually a bit disappointed, as I collect accessories and I was hoping this was something new to look for, for my collection (www.oldcaraccessories.com).

00 Lancia Y Elefantino Rosso, 96 Lancia Y 1.2, 84 VW Golf GTi, 66 VW Splitscreen, 56 Ford Anglia, 56 Lancia Appia S1, 54 Ford Prefect, 54 Lancia Appia S1, 37 Terraplane, lovely old trailer, 10,000 vintage accessories
oldcaraccessories.com
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #21 on: 30 November, 2010, 05:26:32 PM »

Thanks Alan,
 That's great,
I once found a site that gave technical translation equivilants English to Italian, somewhere along the line it got lost, and I've never been able to find it again, but it was very useful.

Brian
8227 Cool

Alan Cooper came up with the site. Very helpful when scanning the Italian Ads or Ebay.
http://www.zarattini.com/technical-vocabulary/vocabolario-tecnico.htm
Brian
8227 Cool

Dedra Technical Adviser
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #22 on: 21 December, 2011, 09:09:37 PM »

Just bumping this up for the new members like myself....excellent resource!

P

Frank Gallagher
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #23 on: 16 March, 2014, 08:38:40 AM »

This thread is still a great resource!

Smiley

P

Frank Gallagher
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #24 on: 16 March, 2014, 10:51:31 AM »

This thread is still a great resource!

Smiley

P

Thanks Frank, I'd lost this site when I changed PC's, now back in my Favourites!

Brian
8227 Cool

Dedra Technical Adviser
westernlancia
Lapsed

« Reply #25 on: 02 April, 2014, 09:03:05 PM »

I think when I first posted this I forgot kijiji.it, which isn't great but does bring the odd thing up. I think it is owned by eBay.

Also, since I posted it, eBay.it has split in two and most of the cars are now on 'eBay annunci', which is like eBay classified in the UK - except that in the UK the split hasn't been so marked (there is virtually nothing on 'eBay classico' - except, oddly, all that government stuff). It seems as if the Italian government are the only people who have noticed that eBay classico is a dead duck!

Also since I first posted this, autobelle has fallen on its sword - it saw fit to relaunch itself about 6 months ago and now basically doesn't function at all, so I have given up on it. If it ain't broke, don't fix it...

Finally, if you want SERIOUS bargains (there is an English bloke in Kent who is making quite a nice living importing 30s and 40s Lancias from France and flogging them on eBay - I know this because he keeps beating me to them, and then I see them on eBay.co.uk a few weeks later, like clockwork!) there is leboncoin.fr - as Lancias ares not particularly well-known or prized in France, there is still the odd person who has been living on the Planet Zog for the last 20 years and hasn't noticed that the prices have gone ballistic, so there are bargains to be had. Mind you, most of them are knackered. Whereas the price thing doesn't really apply in Italy any more (there's an Aprilia on autoscout24.it for 49000 euros!).

oldcaraccessories.com
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd