Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 10:51:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Targa Florio 1968  (Read 3814 times)
OckaPete
« on: 20 November, 2010, 06:08:53 PM »

Found this one, Fulvia Sport - first car to start race

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHZTw8VImmY
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 20 November, 2010, 07:22:22 PM »

no 16 competizione 1.3-3rd in the GT  and 1st in the GT 1001 to 1300cc catagories driven by Sergio Barbasio/Giuseppe Giacomini according to Pino Fondi's book 'targa florio 20th century epic'.a fabulous setting for a road race.i was fortunate to be there in 1992 when Tim Burrett was competing in that years event.richard

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
the.cern
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 21 November, 2010, 09:35:52 AM »

Absolutely great, really evocative.

Also try the 'Targa Florio in the '50' clip. I'm sure many will have seen this before, but just in case .....  Look at the associated clips on the right hand side, scroll down and there it is. Look out for around 1min 25secs et seq, if anyone can translate I'd love to know what is being said.

Being old I'm PC (pre computers) and therefore don't know how to provide the link direct, apologies for this.

Andy
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 21 November, 2010, 01:15:33 PM »

Absolutely great, really evocative.

Also try the 'Targa Florio in the '50' clip. I'm sure many will have seen this before, but just in case .....  Look at the associated clips on the right hand side, scroll down and there it is. Look out for around 1min 25secs et seq, if anyone can translate I'd love to know what is being said.

Being old I'm PC (pre computers) and therefore don't know how to provide the link direct, apologies for this.

Andy
Andy,
 Just underneath the the screen is a box "Share" click on this, highlight the box, go to edit click on copy, go to this page (or the one where you want it to appear) then click on Paste.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Q2TuEnjpBs

Great clips, Bracco, Fangio, Castelloti, Moss, and many others. well worth watching.
Brian
8227 Cool
Another Silver Surfer!
« Last Edit: 21 November, 2010, 01:17:52 PM by fay66 » Logged

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
OckaPete
« Reply #4 on: 21 November, 2010, 03:50:49 PM »

No sound on this one unfortunately  http://www.britishpathe.com/record.php?id=73159
the.cern
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 21 November, 2010, 09:22:09 PM »

Brian, many thanks, my education is continuing, I still have a long way to go ............ and I'm not sure if I have enough time left !!

Andy
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #6 on: 23 December, 2010, 04:57:36 PM »

also good if i remember correctly is 'the speed merchants'with elford/andretti commentry?the reason i mention it is i would like to get the soundtrack. if anyone knows the details i would be grateful for the info.richard

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd