Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
20 April, 2024, 09:55:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1967 Fulvia 2C - yes, that one....  (Read 2998 times)
lee69
« on: 26 October, 2010, 04:23:19 PM »

Don't want to do this, but, storage of Prudenza my 2C is going to be a problem and I really don't want her to endure a winter outside. So regrettably I'm willing to talk to anyone that might be interested in taking her on and getting her back to her former glory.  

Some info:

Built in 1967, she was imported into the UK in 1973, on a M plate, but now carries a more appropriate one, OPD 37E. It's been owned by a number of well known LMC members, including Michael Newberry and before me, Peter Baker who competed with her in the Rallye Monte Carlo Historique. It doesn't have the original engine, it has a 1300 with Solex carbs, the work being carried out, I'm led to believe, by Barry Waterhouse (and I'm reliably informed it's well tuned!). Features of the 2C over the later cars include the superb column change and stylish barrel speedo. It's had LOTS of money spent on it over the past years

I used her for a few enjoyable months after buying her from Peter but was taken off the road after an earth cable broke and shorted through the throttle and choke cables, melting the brake fluid reservoir (cue accrid 1960s plastic smoke and an embarrassing tow home). This has all been repaired (at Tanc's) and the brakes and handbrake were completely overhauled at the same time. Upon collecting the car from Tanc's they couldn't get her to fire, due to dizzy cap, rotor arm, leads etc. In the meantime the body deteriorated enough to fail the MOT test, so it's been stored since. It will need new sills (on driver's side at least), new arches and door bottoms. Count on having to create some new floor to fix the sill to and most likely some welding to the rear valence. Interior is very original in black vinyl with rubber floor, the dash padding is a bit crumbly in the usual places (ie near the starter) and an auxiliary power socket has been cut into the main dash moulding. It still has the panel with the lovely Fulvia script. But it's not beyond hope and is far too special to break up.

The car is Saratoga White with cream wheels, comes with a full set of hub caps and an almost complete spare front bumper. I have a very complete file of info and receipts for the car, including copies of old V5s and the car's import document from 1973. I've been told that the car, despite being RHD and with UK spec (Cibie) headlamps, spent its first 6 years in Greece and Malta. It still sports a few sponsor and scrutineering stickers from the Monte and a very nice flexible map reading light. The car is currently on a SORN and will need to be collected from near Stafford (ST18 9QG).

There are plenty of photos on flickr at http://bit.ly/cseeLr

So, any offers will be considered, but no daft offers please. I'd genuinely love to keep her but my new garage is too small, inaccessible by trailer and not really suitable for working in and my skills and capital are lacking. If you have a more modern Lancia (Y10, Y, Beta, Delta etc) that you'd like to swap, I'd be interested.

Lee  Cry
« Last Edit: 27 October, 2010, 08:07:21 PM by lee69 » Logged
Dilambdaman
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 10 November, 2010, 12:54:46 AM »

Hi Lee,

Can't seem to get the picture link to work.

Robin.

Robin Lacey 3222

1932 Dilambda
1992 Y10 GTie
2012 Delta Mk3
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 10 November, 2010, 09:07:28 AM »

Robin,

The link worked for me the other day and again just now.  Maybe try these ones?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/80688018@N00/sets/72157606371734891/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/80688018@N00/2561668031/in/set-72157606371734891/

David

David Laver, Lewisham.
Dilambdaman
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 10 November, 2010, 11:01:44 PM »

Thanks david.

Robin.

Robin Lacey 3222

1932 Dilambda
1992 Y10 GTie