Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 08:55:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Linked Events
  • Bristol Italian Auto Moto: 16 April, 2011
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bristol Italian Auto Moto Festival - 16th April 2011 - Marshall Update  (Read 13858 times)
thecolonel
« Reply #15 on: 10 April, 2011, 08:05:03 PM »

What, there appears to be only one bar in Small Street,

they do know I'm attending don't they ?
andymc

Is that a Golf with a bodykit?

« Reply #16 on: 10 April, 2011, 09:21:29 PM »

Steve

Mrs Mc is deliberating whether to come with me and I think the deal breaker will be the time we have to set out as she is not a mornings person!

What is he arrival window?

Andy

1993 integrale Evo 2
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #17 on: 11 April, 2011, 10:48:46 AM »

There are plenty more bars around Geoff, don't worry : including a very nice Wetherspoons in the Commecial Rooms. Don't forget to look up as well as at the cars, some of the buildings are pretty stunning.
Andy, since it's our side of the road then you should be able to get in any time up to 10:30 (I think). But they will stop anyone else coming in from 11am. Your information pack will say exactly when ... It's more a case that the council crank up the sunken bollards so you physically can't get in !

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
SteveGales
Megaposter

« Reply #18 on: 11 April, 2011, 09:19:56 PM »

I'm sure Mrs Mc will think it's worth it when she sees the retail opportunities Andy, although your credit card may not!!

Seriously though well worth the visit as there is plenty to see and do even without the cars. It was our first visit last year and the area reminded me very much of Covent Garden in look and atmosphere.

Looking forward to the show (and BBQ in Tiddlywink!), let's hope the weather is as good as last weekend.

Regards

Steve
andymc

« Reply #19 on: 15 April, 2011, 09:03:31 PM »

Well it was all going so well. Mrs Mc had decided to join me, kids packed off to grandparents so we could get an early start.

Before the trip I thought I better get the source of a small but annoying oil leak checked by a local garage. I suspected, and they confirmed, that it was the top sump gasket. Bit frustrating as to replace it needs the gear/transfer box dropping so its not going to be a cheap job. The good news was that it wasn't in need of immediate attention as long as I kept my eye on the levels.

Just been out to the garage to put a few bits in the car and there is a BIG pool of oil and a constant drip!!!! They must have poked around a bit too hard.

So not going to make it I am afraid. It's been one of those weeks........

Anyway, to get you in the mood some photos from 2009!

1993 integrale Evo 2
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #20 on: 15 April, 2011, 09:36:25 PM »

Shame about that Andy, same for me nearly (a bad week) as my Passat failed for the last time and the integrale made it back to me at 16:00 this afternoon. Just enough time for a quick clean and to remind myself just how good it really is!

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
Thotos
Administrator
Megaposter

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #21 on: 17 April, 2011, 08:56:16 AM »

It was a great event  Cheesy

Photo slideshow at http://s1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff477/TheoKyriacou/BIAMF/?albumview=slideshow

Complete album at http://s1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff477/TheoKyriacou/BIAMF/?start=all

Theo Kyriacou
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #22 on: 17 April, 2011, 11:14:55 AM »

Yes, it was a very good day. Excellent photos Theo!
BBQ was a pretty good event too .. well done Andy et Al for that.

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
Andy D

« Reply #23 on: 18 April, 2011, 01:16:52 PM »

It was my first time at BIAMF and one of the best events I've been too - really enjoyed it and it was good to meet many of you both in Bristol and at Andy's later on.

Here are some more photos from me:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8165854@N08/sets/72157626516931710/

Cheers
Andy

1990 Delta HF Turbo i.e.
SteveGales
Megaposter

« Reply #24 on: 18 April, 2011, 07:34:40 PM »

Really enjoyable day out....weather good, great atmosphere both in Bristol and at the BBQ. Many thanks for the excellent hospitality
once again Andy!

Have you got your car sorted Andy (Mc)? It may be worth having a look at the turbo return oil  hose ( short 90 degree hose), they can
look OK from under the car but if you feel the back of them it is very common for them to go hard and split due to heat from the  exhaust manifold, this may explain the sudden loss of oil. It's a good job the leak never happened on the move!

Steve
andymc

« Reply #25 on: 18 April, 2011, 07:56:09 PM »

Hi Steve

Howard from Allitalia gave me a few pointers as to where else to check but I am certain it's the top sump gasket so its booked in for next week. Will get the clutch done at the same time whilst the gearbox is dropped.... Can't complain as it's the first thing to have gone wrong mechanically in 4 years although they say things come in three's. :-(

Enjoyed the BIAMF pics....

1993 integrale Evo 2
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #26 on: 18 April, 2011, 08:16:31 PM »

... not forgetting all of Andy's children ... !

Nice to meet you too, lovely selection of photos Smiley

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
TonyLanciaBeta
Megaposter

« Reply #27 on: 22 April, 2011, 09:32:58 PM »

Great day, many thanks to Andy and co for the after show BBQ 
I think Steve counted a record 57 people this year

here are a couple of my pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tonysphotos/sets/72157626423350969/

Tony Harrison #12704
LMC Beta Advisor
1981 Beta Coupe 1600
1981 Beta Coupe 2L- under restoration
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd