Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 11:02:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Goodwood Revival  (Read 7094 times)
Aurelia Adam

« on: 16 September, 2010, 07:47:22 PM »

Just back from the set-up day and it looks the best Revival ever.

The cricket match in front to the house was great fun (Pimms and slap-up tea for anyone and everyone courtesy of his Lordship), though some of the colonials had not quite grasped the concept of over-arm bowling.

If you are going, hopefully you might pop into the Earls Court Motor Show and see my B20 GT (RPM 388) on display in the Grand Touring Greats.

Also, Michelin have brought from their Museum what they are saying is the genuine ex-Le Mans B20.  It looks magnificent and I didn't know it still existed. 

Pretty Fulvia HF Lusso in the Bonhams auction at £27-30k.

Hope everyone has a great visit and any nice pics of my B20 would be appreciated as well as any other Lancia's spotted.

Adam Tindell
Sebastien
Megaposter

« Reply #1 on: 16 September, 2010, 09:45:48 PM »

Re the Michelin Museum B20:
It is not original. It was done on their request by Restauration Automobile, the shop of Albert Cailler in Couvet,  Switzerland, on the base of a 2nd series B20 a few years ago. The 2nd series base is visible from amongst others the double Veglia instruments.
It is a shame how history is made .... and remade -----
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 16 September, 2010, 11:59:27 PM »

Just back from the set-up day and it looks the best Revival ever.

The cricket match in front to the house was great fun (Pimms and slap-up tea for anyone and everyone courtesy of his Lordship), though some of the colonials had not quite grasped the concept of over-arm bowling.

If you are going, hopefully you might pop into the Earls Court Motor Show and see my B20 GT (RPM 388) on display in the Grand Touring Greats.

Also, Michelin have brought from their Museum what they are saying is the genuine ex-Le Mans B20.  It looks magnificent and I didn't know it still existed.  

Pretty Fulvia HF Lusso in the Bonhams auction at £27-30k.

Hope everyone has a great visit and any nice pics of my B20 would be appreciated as well as any other Lancia's spotted.

Adam Tindell

I understand there are also some doubts about the HF as well, as it appears to have bits it shouldn't have, and doesn't have bits it should Roll Eyes
Caveat Emptor.
Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Aurelia Adam

« Reply #3 on: 18 September, 2010, 06:26:06 PM »

Brian

Seems your reservations about the Fulvia are supported by a no-sale result.

Plenty of serious money for other proper cars though.

Adam
Neil
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 18 September, 2010, 09:01:22 PM »

Adam, I wish I had read your post before we went on Friday, the Surrey meeting clashed, there was a queue to get into the Motor Show as a lunch time was upon us and a pint with some other fellow members was planned we did not make it back to look in there.  An excellent day on and off the track and in the air.

You wait years to see one D50 on a track then there are two!  Smiley

* D50 .jpg (39.15 KB, 640x426 - viewed 406 times.)

* D50 (Ferrari).jpg (38 KB, 640x480 - viewed 407 times.)

* D50 x 2.jpg (42.34 KB, 640x480 - viewed 431 times.)

* Appia van .jpg (52.14 KB, 640x426 - viewed 426 times.)

Neil   

1973 Fulvia S2 1.3
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 19 September, 2010, 02:05:38 AM »

Adam, I wish I had read your post before we went on Friday, the Surrey meeting clashed, there was a queue to get into the Motor Show as a lunch time was upon us and a pint with some other fellow members was planned we did not make it back to look in there.  An excellent day on and off the track and in the air.

You wait years to see one D50 on a track then there are two!  Smiley

Dare I say one proper one, or is that too provocative Shocked
Jim Stokes was building the Ferrari version when we went to his workshop on a Thema Dedra Consortium visit a number of years ago, and we were sworn to secrecy.

Perhaps someone ought to contact the GRRC and see if we can't get the Appia inside the circuit next year, it's certainly a lot rarer than some of the other vehicles that seem to get access to trackside, year after year.
Brian
8227 Cool
« Last Edit: 19 September, 2010, 02:11:24 AM by fay66 » Logged

Dedra Technical Adviser
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #6 on: 19 September, 2010, 02:10:44 AM »

Brian

Seems your reservations about the Fulvia are supported by a no-sale result.

Plenty of serious money for other proper cars though.

Adam
Thanks Adam,
I did wonder how it got on.

Brian
8227 Cool

Dedra Technical Adviser
apriliadriver
Lapsed

« Reply #7 on: 19 September, 2010, 10:54:21 AM »

I took the Aprilia down to Goodwood on the Friday, parked behind the Wall of Death.

Did not have enough time to look round the pre-1972 carpark (you would have needed all day), but a mate said there was another Aprilia parked up on Friday.

Who was that ?

A great day generally, and fantastic to see two of the post-production D50s running  -  and what a difference in engine note between the two of them.
Nick
Neil
Permanent resident

« Reply #8 on: 19 September, 2010, 07:06:24 PM »

Brian, I am not sure either were 'proper', but both were great and sounded lovely especially the later model if you know what I mean, may it was due to the exhaust exit through the tanks on side unlike the originals?

A few more pictures to make comparisons, the Lancia D50 seemed to sit lower than the other D50, would the ride heights be altered between the two?

One of the Surrey members was due to attend on Friday in his Aprilia, also we saw a few Fulvias in the car park.

* D50 no18.jpg (40.16 KB, 640x426 - viewed 411 times.)

* D50 no19.jpg (35.78 KB, 640x480 - viewed 416 times.)

Neil   

1973 Fulvia S2 1.3
ColinMarr
Permanent resident

« Reply #9 on: 20 September, 2010, 08:34:45 AM »

There were some good things to see in the paddock too!

Colin

* IMG_4991a.jpg (117.14 KB, 527x768 - viewed 449 times.)
angelorange
Megaposter

« Reply #10 on: 21 September, 2010, 03:00:37 PM »

The Fulvia is actually quite a well know machine in rallying circles and the description on Bonhams seems accurate and honest:

Lot No: 327

1972 Lancia Fulvia HF1600 Lusso Coupé
Registration no. NSW 7M
Chassis no. 818.741 003871
Engine no. to be advised

Estimate: £27,000 - 30,000, € 33,000 - 36,000

Footnote:
This right-hand drive Lusso (fully equipped, non-lightweight) model was brought to Northern Ireland by one of the directors of the De Lorean Motor Company. At some point it was left in a Belfast garage for some restoration work. The garage then ceased trading and the car was bought by Derek McNeill, of Ballynahinch in the late 1990s. The engine block was missing at this time having been sent to England to be re-bored. It appears that Derek had a second HF that he used for spares, and it is possible that the engine currently fitted was taken from this donor car. (The spare crankcase and crankshaft are probably the original items).
Derek then undertook a full bare metal restoration (see photographs on file) using
experience he had gained on a previous HF rebuild in the early 1990s. The engine was rebuilt by a local tuner and the Fulvia was then sold to his friend, Richard Busteed, of Carryduff, in the early 2000s.
Michael Beattie bought the car in April 2006 and prepared it for mild competition use. Omicron of Norfolk supplied 'rally cams' (their version of the works 'Variante 1016' cam), a Group 4 competition exhaust manifold/system and a Group 4 inlet manifold, to which twin Weber DCOE 45 carburettors were fitted. The inlet manifold was flowed and matched to the head, and the ports opened slightly to match the manifold's dimensions. A competition clutch and ARP competition-specification rod bolts were fitted also. On a rolling road the modified engine produced 105bhp at the front wheels (approximately 125 horsepower at the crankshaft) at only 6,000rpm. It was not realised at that' stage that the cams actually produce peak power at 7,200rpm! The car subsequently competed in three hillclimbs: Croft, Cairncastle and Craigantlet, where it became the first saloon/road car to take part in a British Hillclimb Championship Run-Off.
The car was then prepared for classic road rallies, the standard twin-choke Solex 42 carburettors being refitted to increase bottom-end torque. 'NSW 7M' took part in the 2006 Circuit of Ireland Retro, which it finished. It then entered the 2007 TOC Irish Classic, leading the event after the Prologue tests, but retired on the Night Navigation with a broken rear spring. New springs were made by North Belfast Spring works using heavier gauge steel, which allowed fewer leaves to be used and produced a lighter spring. At the same time the front suspension was raised by inserting alloy blocks between the spring and the top wishbone. The next outing was the IMRC Retro in September where it finished 3rd in class. The 2008 TOC Classic produced a 2nd in class, while the QUBMC Summer Lanes Rally saw a 3rd overall and 2nd in class behind Robert Woodside after a route penalty dropped the Fulvia from 1st overall. Michael Beattie's final event in the car was the 2008 Circuit Retro, which netted a 7th overall and st in class.
Sitting on Cromadora alloy wheels, the Fulvia is ready to continue rallying or alternatively could be converted back into a very pretty, and quick, road car. 'NSW 7M' is described as in generally very good condition and offered with sundry invoices, current MoT, Swansea V5, current FIVA Identity Card, history file and a substantial quantity of spares.

I'm entitled to my ignorance!
Zagato

« Reply #11 on: 21 September, 2010, 10:50:25 PM »

I think that this is the car Michael then sold to someone in Southern Ireland.

I actually purchased the Grp 4 manifold and carbs off him as they weren't sold with the car - which I still have
... along with some other spare engine parts ...
ColinMarr
Permanent resident

« Reply #12 on: 27 September, 2010, 04:57:47 PM »

There is an hour long TV programme about this year’s Revival meeting to be broadcast this evening (27 September), at least in the London area on ITV4 at 8:00 pm, and on ITV4plus1 at 9:00 pm.

Colin

* IMG_4977a.jpg (147.79 KB, 768x576 - viewed 410 times.)
welleyes

« Reply #13 on: 29 September, 2010, 06:14:20 PM »

That was the Tallack brothers' as was the Frazer Nash next to it. We also were told there was another Aprilia, but did not spot it. It was you!

Stuart Tallack pp Andrew Tallack

Re: Goodwood Revival
« Reply #7 on: 19 September, 2010, 11:54:21 AM »

I took the Aprilia down to Goodwood on the Friday, parked behind the Wall of Death.

Did not have enough time to look round the pre-1972 carpark (you would have needed all day), but a mate said there was another Aprilia parked up on Friday.

Who was that ?

A great day generally, and fantastic to see two of the post-production D50s running  -  and what a difference in engine note between the two of them.
Nick
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd