Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 03:14:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Its that truck again - and it needs saving...  (Read 34423 times)
hyena1

« Reply #75 on: 14 September, 2010, 09:38:40 AM »

As I drove round the M25 at the weekend and saw a broken-down privately-owned classic Routemaster bus on the hard shoulder I thought of the Esagamma...

The hard truth about this is that no one person or group of people is coming forward with a real plan or project - we're all stirring each others' excitement but no-one's really sticking their neck out and taking a lead. And it's not fair to say "the club should do it", because all that means is someone within the club should take responsibility, and it wouldn't be right to place that burden on anybody!

Is it time to let go... ?

Mark Blackburn 4476
1992 Hyena
1988 Integrale 8v (ex-Alan Hutton)
2011 Ypsilon [yes it is a Lancia, just got wrong badges on Smiley]
2014 Ypsilon - this one's black

07711 880172
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #76 on: 14 September, 2010, 01:05:57 PM »

As I drove round the M25 at the weekend and saw a broken-down privately-owned classic Routemaster bus on the hard shoulder I thought of the Esagamma...

The hard truth about this is that no one person or group of people is coming forward with a real plan or project - we're all stirring each others' excitement but no-one's really sticking their neck out and taking a lead. And it's not fair to say "the club should do it", because all that means is someone within the club should take responsibility, and it wouldn't be right to place that burden on anybody!

Is it time to let go... ?
Mark,
Could be, I'm a foot soldier on this one not a general. Sad

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Jai Sharma
Megaposter

« Reply #77 on: 14 September, 2010, 01:40:24 PM »

Mark,

I tend to agree, though if someone wants to take it on I am still up for a no strings donation.
ian
« Reply #78 on: 14 September, 2010, 05:37:42 PM »

If the seller can't get rid of it and is threatening to sell for scrap, perhaps that's all its worth. If he doesn't get what he wants for it, perhaps he would let it go for scrap value?
I too, would be up for donations and possibly the odd weekend of community spirited grafting, depending on the location of the beast.
I'll go with the flow  Grin
Sliding Pillar
Permanent resident

« Reply #79 on: 14 September, 2010, 06:50:32 PM »

I have been in email contact with the owner, it was last driven on the road in 2002. It did drive onto the low loader when it was moved to its present location near Diss in Norfolk, but now the clutch is not working!  I will try to have a phone conversation with him when he is back from holiday in a few weeks, bit I do think this project is a non starter!

1955 Aurelia
1961 Lamborghini
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #80 on: 14 September, 2010, 06:53:47 PM »

If the seller can't get rid of it and is threatening to sell for scrap, perhaps that's all its worth. If he doesn't get what he wants for it, perhaps he would let it go for scrap value?
I too, would be up for donations and possibly the odd weekend of community spirited grafting, depending on the location of the beast.
I'll go with the flow  Grin

Me too.
Brian 8227 Cool

Dedra Technical Adviser
murf
Lapsed

« Reply #81 on: 15 September, 2010, 07:47:04 PM »

I've been periodically following this thread since the truck first appeared on ebay and the pistonheads site. I'm amazed at the level of interest and enthusiasm thats been generated on the forum and I would certainly be eager to participate in any club joint ownership scheme. From reading the multitude of posts it now seems to me that the impetus has gone and that this rare opportunity will slip away from us.
The reason for this lot of waffle is that I suddenly saw the mention of Diss in Sliding Pillar's post of 14th Sept.
I live approx 12 miles from Diss and would be very pleased to go and take a look at the Esagamma armed with a camera if someone could put me in touch with the owner or the yard where its languishing. I'm no engineer but I can use a camera and have a fair idea about what might be realistically restored /not. If some photos were made available on the forum I feel we would all be able to make some better informed decisions about the viability of the project.
Martin D
Megaposter

« Reply #82 on: 16 September, 2010, 12:34:48 PM »

It looks to me that this is not going to happen, but what a shame to lose all this enthusiasm for what could be a very useful club asset, and a bit of fun too.

So, perhaps the answer is staring us in the face. The appia van was a no brainer because it is car, not truck, technology, easily garaged, can be driven by all etc etc.

Why don't we try and find a reasonable size van, (Jolly ?) and sort that out ?

Martin.

1972 Fulvia Coupe 1.6 HF
1984 Montecarlo
Martin D
Megaposter

« Reply #83 on: 16 September, 2010, 12:45:19 PM »

OOPS, should have looked at Don's post first (Lancia Commercials For Sale) but we're clearly on the same lines.

Martin.

1972 Fulvia Coupe 1.6 HF
1984 Montecarlo
Sliding Pillar
Permanent resident

« Reply #84 on: 16 September, 2010, 06:47:11 PM »

Murf, thanks for you offer to go and look at the truck, as soon as I hear from the owner I will let you know. Ade,

1955 Aurelia
1961 Lamborghini
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #85 on: 22 September, 2010, 10:36:28 PM »

I don't know if this is still a live issue but another society I belong to runs an Iveco 7.5 tonner of moderately advanced age for carrying equipment. It does less than a thousand miles a year but I believe running costs for that are about two grand. Just running a HGV is an expensive business, let alone buying and restoring one.

Frank
Kevin MacBride
Lapsed
Megaposter

« Reply #86 on: 22 January, 2011, 12:44:54 AM »

Whatever happened to this truck I wonder ?  After 30 odd years with Fiat/Lancia/Alfa Dealerships, I started a new career only this month with the Iveco Distributor for Ireland. Observing the sheer size of the workshops and assembly areas, restoring a truck does not seem that daunting anymore.

B20 4th series (having a 'facelift')

2000 sedan
Fiat Multipla
Fiat Cinquecento
LanciAlan
Megaposter

« Reply #87 on: 22 January, 2011, 08:09:15 AM »

It was still in the possession of the same owner up to about a month ago. I met him at our LMCI Christmas dinner. Just to drive you all wild, his talk then was of chopping it and weighing in the chassis but I couldn't tell if that was to save the engine and/or the cab - I concluded the latter.

Alan Murphy

Lancias that begin with "F" ... and affordable variants beginning with "Z" and "P" ..... and now with added "Y"!
Martin D
Megaposter

« Reply #88 on: 22 January, 2011, 03:51:53 PM »

Back when everyone was enthusiastic I suggested we direct that energy towards something easier in terms of size, condition and driveability. How about this ?

http://www.classiccarsforsale.co.uk/classic-car-page.php/carno/121732

Only 30 of us with 850 euros !

Martin.

(and I do know a nurse who might ........... )

1972 Fulvia Coupe 1.6 HF
1984 Montecarlo
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #89 on: 22 January, 2011, 05:05:47 PM »

Back when everyone was enthusiastic I suggested we direct that energy towards something easier in terms of size, condition and driveability. How about this ?

http://www.classiccarsforsale.co.uk/classic-car-page.php/carno/121732

Only 30 of us with 850 euros !

Martin.

(and I do know a nurse who might ........... )

We could always hire it out as a hearse for Lancia Funerals Shocked
Brian
8227 Cool
« Last Edit: 22 January, 2011, 05:08:42 PM by fay66 » Logged

Dedra Technical Adviser
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd