Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 08:31:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Its that truck again - and it needs saving...  (Read 34433 times)
St Volumex
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

Owner of RetroPart

« Reply #30 on: 27 August, 2010, 05:10:55 AM »

I'm interested in a 10% share too.

But does anyone know how deep this 'black hole' we may be shovelling money into might be?

Guy McDougall
www.facebook.com/RetroPart
Rare Parts for Rare Machines
Appia Coupé S3 (Rosina), Appia Berlina S3 (La Giaconda), Fulvia 1.3S 5 spd coupé (Tigger, belongs to Carol), Beta Spyder S2 (Vivaldi), Montecarlo Spyder S2, HPE VX (Pugsly) etc
neil-yaj396
Committee
Permanent resident

« Reply #31 on: 27 August, 2010, 06:03:57 AM »

I'll have a share. I think that it's a case of saving the truck then assessing the way forward re costs and viability.

1979 1300 Beta Coupe, 2014 Ypsilon 1.2 S Series Momo
JohnMillham
Permanent resident

« Reply #32 on: 27 August, 2010, 07:49:46 AM »

I will go for a couple of shares, so it looks like this project might go ahead. It would be nice to have a report from one of the potential shareholders on the condition of the vehicle before committing ourselves.
ncundy
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

« Reply #33 on: 27 August, 2010, 08:54:46 AM »

I'd be up for a share or two, but I might suggest that if the same ownership model is going to be used as for the Appia van then maybe the shares should be made smaller but more numerous?

The Appia was a known quantity with acknowldeged expertise and parts availability within the club so running costs are more certain. This is a different kettle of fish, so to protect the innocent and spread the pain joy a greater spread of the costs might be more attractive to the membership (it might be more of a bind to adminster though).

Somewhere I have a TAV (or the majority of one) for these beasties, I'll see if I can find it when back from my hols.

1969 Fanalone, Mazda RX-8, Fiat Multipla
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #34 on: 27 August, 2010, 12:34:48 PM »

Can I also propose a "Supporters Club" in tandem for the cowards?   Am thinking "Vulcan to the skies". 

It could be little more than a PayPal account.  I'd expect no benefits and truth be told if someone ran off with the fund I'd trust it ended up in some Lancia somewhere Grin   

David   

David Laver, Lewisham.
hyena1

« Reply #35 on: 29 August, 2010, 08:19:31 PM »

So, with a week to go before the committee mtg, it looks like this is the current situation - £850 committed to in "shares" where people are prepared to be responsible for ongoing costs according to the size of their share (though we will vote on it before we do everything and/or anything!) plus a further £150 in "donations" where people have kindly said they'll put money in without the expectation of ownership - or future liabilities! That leaves a further £1000 for the club to finance/underwrite, although a couple of people have said they're also considering coming on board...
Storage has been offered - long term but not covered. Transport can be arranged - cost to shareholders. There was a suggestion of smaller shares (than £50) but to have more than 40 would be challenging! Maybe if they want people can share their shares privately... Would still be good if someone can check it out by next Sunday (Stafford).
Anyone else want in?!

Mark Blackburn 4476
1992 Hyena
1988 Integrale 8v (ex-Alan Hutton)
2011 Ypsilon [yes it is a Lancia, just got wrong badges on Smiley]
2014 Ypsilon - this one's black

07711 880172
Sliding Pillar
Permanent resident

« Reply #36 on: 29 August, 2010, 08:32:55 PM »

Mark, what does the vendor say about the condition of the Esagamma and what is necessary to get it roadworthy? What has already been done? What condition are the main components in re: engine gearbox brakes and suspension, plus the tyres.
Before we get all romantic about it we have to be realistic, it will be easy to spend double the purchase price just getting it on the road before the bodywork is tackled. And we have to remember there are often Lancia commercials for sale in Italy fully restored for between £8K and £20K.   Ade.

1955 Aurelia
1961 Lamborghini
Kevin MacBride
Lapsed
Megaposter

« Reply #37 on: 29 August, 2010, 11:02:49 PM »

I was considering buying this myself. The owner is from my neck of the woods. However my email and phone messages have not as yet been asnwered. A friend of mine was recently speaking to the owner, and while it should start with a fresh battery, he mentioned it had a problem with the clutch.
My mate who did the bodywork on my Aurelia, has offered his services to restore the cab (as a favour), the rest of it being up to me. I'm still tempted. I'm lucky in that I have a large space at the rear of my house for storage.

B20 4th series (having a 'facelift')

2000 sedan
Fiat Multipla
Fiat Cinquecento
Jai Sharma
Megaposter

« Reply #38 on: 30 August, 2010, 07:44:04 AM »

Kevin,

From my own point of view if you can take it on that would be great. My own motive is (I think along with others) simply to avoid it being binned.

Jai
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #39 on: 30 August, 2010, 03:02:15 PM »

Kevin,

From my own point of view if you can take it on that would be great. My own motive is (I think along with others) simply to avoid it being binned.

Jai
Yes, I would agree that's about the size of it.

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
hyena1

« Reply #40 on: 30 August, 2010, 08:32:09 PM »

Agree with Jai & Brian, simpler if one person takes it on, so all to the good if Kevin does so. Ade, I can't add anything useful to what's already been said regarding condition, hence my comment about inspection, and agree about the risks. It was/is all about saving it from the scrapper.
Mark

Mark Blackburn 4476
1992 Hyena
1988 Integrale 8v (ex-Alan Hutton)
2011 Ypsilon [yes it is a Lancia, just got wrong badges on Smiley]
2014 Ypsilon - this one's black

07711 880172
Kevin MacBride
Lapsed
Megaposter

« Reply #41 on: 31 August, 2010, 12:15:19 AM »

The main problem for me, is it's in another country. The owner (who runs a trucking company) has suggested a price of £800 to transport it on a low loader to Ireland.

B20 4th series (having a 'facelift')

2000 sedan
Fiat Multipla
Fiat Cinquecento
the.cern
Permanent resident

« Reply #42 on: 01 September, 2010, 11:29:14 AM »

This is thumping on apace !!! I've been away for 6 days and missed a lot.

If, Kevin, you don't buy it and it goes the 'shares and Club' route, then, if its not too late, pl count me in for 2 shares !!!

Andy
peteracs
Administrator
Rebel Poster

« Reply #43 on: 03 September, 2010, 08:08:12 AM »

Hi

Would be happy to also chip in with a share, but would need to understand ongoing costs as well as no bottomless pit available here I am afraid!

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
St Volumex
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

Owner of RetroPart

« Reply #44 on: 03 September, 2010, 08:55:49 AM »

I see the advert on Pistonheads has expired.

Has anyone bought it yet?

Guy McDougall
www.facebook.com/RetroPart
Rare Parts for Rare Machines
Appia Coupé S3 (Rosina), Appia Berlina S3 (La Giaconda), Fulvia 1.3S 5 spd coupé (Tigger, belongs to Carol), Beta Spyder S2 (Vivaldi), Montecarlo Spyder S2, HPE VX (Pugsly) etc
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd