Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 10:00:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't believe in coincidence?!  (Read 1628 times)
stuwilson128
Non-LMC Seller
Rebel Poster

« on: 18 July, 2010, 10:31:55 PM »

The most unbelieveable thing happened during the tour at this weekends AGM.  I had teamed up with Donald from Montrose to do the driving tour.  As we passed through the village of Wigginton I noticed a Kappa parked at the side of the road.  I thought it was part of the tour and the owner had gone into the pub for lunch.  As we got closer, we realised that the car was nothing to do with the LMC weekend. Donald saw the numberplate and was aghast when he realised that it was his old car, which he had sold to somebody from London!  Shocked

What is the chance of us happening to be passing through that village at that time when his old car (which he never thought he would see again) is parked up at the side of the road?  We reckon it must be about one in a million!!!

Stuart Wilson 11175
1973 Fulvia Coupe 1.3
2000 Lybra SW 2.4JTd
2009 Delta 1.9 Twin Turbo
SanRemo78
Rebel Poster

« Reply #1 on: 19 July, 2010, 06:27:12 PM »

Okay - got that one beaten....
My first Lancia was a 1978 HPE - PFY2T - which I got in 1984 - after it sat in a heated showroom for 3 years - Ziebarted from new it was in superb condition until the day an errant trucker killed it. I ought to have repaired it but bought a Volumex HPE instead. Back to the coincidence, I was saving for 3 years to buy a Transformer Stratos replica and needed a donor car, searched high an low but when you want one nothing ever appears. Eventually spotted one in the Autotrader for a reasonable price for a runner but when he said he was in Stone in Staffs I thought too far. Until he said it had a nice plate - PFY3T - so I bought it sight unseen. Lord only knows how it had an MOT - rusted out completely and I'll never know why anyone bothered to plate the inner wings but I'm glad they did. That was in 1988. I've still got both the plates - 3 is still on the Stratos replica some 20 years later and 2 has been on two VX HPEs, a Ren***t C**o, and Alfa 145 Cloverleaf (13 years) and now a Grande Punto.
Oh - saw a Dino engined Stratos replica at the Bingley Hall show in 1991 with PFY1T on it..... Unfortunately that car went to Australia and the owner forgot I wanted to buy the plate which is now lost unless the car is re-imported. Highly unlikely!
Anyone else got a Beta from the PFY*T range - sold by Bolton & Jones in Livepool in 1978/79? I'd love to acquire on to restore now!
Guy

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd