Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 April, 2024, 06:18:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Passing of a True Gammisti  (Read 1881 times)
thecolonel
« on: 02 July, 2010, 06:30:37 PM »

Posted on www.gammaforum.com by don camillo in Norway

In memory of a true Gamma-enthousiast.
« on: Today at 04:54:31 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Gammisti!

It´s bee a time since I wisited the forum. I´ve been on the move to the US, but just as I returned back to Norway for the summer, I got an sms form a good friend, telling the sad news that his father in law, Sigvalde Neerland, died on june 29.

For those of you who don´t know who Sigvalde was, I can tell you that he was the owner of the blue series I Berlina that is seen on Ruuds gallery. Sigvalde was on a plane to Italy just as the Gamma Berlina was launched. During the flight he read an ad for the car,  and the first thing he did after landing in Italy, was to find the local dealer and buy the car. Due to the huge cartaxrates on import to Norway, he kept the car on the Continent until it was 15 years old, and then he imported it.

The car has been well taken care of, and frequently used up til today. Sigvalde together with son and grandson drove the Berlina to Italy for the 100. aniversary.

This year he was operated for throuth-cancer. He was recovering well when got pneumonia, and then the doctors discovered methastasis. He returned to hospital last week, and died after only a few days thare, on june 29. - 82 years old.

Peace be with Sigvalde.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd