Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 04:36:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Central London meeting!  (Read 10846 times)
ColinMarr
Permanent resident

« on: 17 June, 2010, 07:31:41 AM »

With apologies for short notice:

This is notification of a London meeting to which all London area LMC members are welcome to attend. It is one of a series of by-invitation-only monthly meetings hosted by Michael Scott, who is a long-time LMC member who has recently been welcomed back into the fold and has extended the invitation to all LMC members.

These early morning meetings, which attract an interesting range of exotic cars, usually take place in the grounds of the Royal Hospital Chelsea, but because of the Chelsea Flower Show that isn’t possible this month. So, the June Meeting is now to be held on:

Sunday,  JUNE 20TH  at MILLBANK TOWER, 21-24  Millbank, London SW1P 4QP from 9.30am

(100 yards past The Tate Britain on the Westminster side)

PS :   AN IMPORTANT DATE FOR JULY  :

THE CHELSEA RENDEZ-VOUS IS BACK AT ROYAL HOSPITAL CHELSEA ON SATURDAY, 24TH JULY

I hope to post more information about the July and subsequent meetings as soon as I hear about them.

Colin
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 17 June, 2010, 09:28:33 AM »

Unfortunately Colin I can't make the 20th June, although I would like to, and the 27th July is the Classic Silverstone weekend, Decisions, decisions Roll Eyes

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Martin D
Megaposter

« Reply #2 on: 17 June, 2010, 10:38:45 AM »

Colin,

That's confusing ! 

I left you a reply under Events 2010 and then find you've listed it under Local Events too.

Martin.

ps Brian, you're a couple of days out, the Silverstone Classic is 23 to 25 July, and you know where you'd rather be!

1972 Fulvia Coupe 1.6 HF
1984 Montecarlo
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 17 June, 2010, 11:42:26 PM »

Colin,

That's confusing !  

I left you a reply under Events 2010 and then find you've listed it under Local Events too.

Martin.

ps Brian, you're a couple of days out, the Silverstone Classic is 23 to 25 July, and you know where you'd rather be!
Egg on face yet again Roll Eyes slip of the digit. I of course meant the 24th July.

Brian
8227 Cool
« Last Edit: 17 June, 2010, 11:44:43 PM by fay66 » Logged

Dedra Technical Adviser
ColinMarr
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 20 June, 2010, 01:28:18 PM »

There were some lovely cars there – Bugatti, Lagonda, Aston, Maserati, Lotus, Ferraris, Mustangs and Porsches. I had to leave early and at that time mine was the only Lancia – next time perhaps more!

Colin

* IMG_4179a.jpg (125.82 KB, 768x576 - viewed 477 times.)
ColinMarr
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 21 July, 2010, 05:57:33 PM »

The next ‘unofficial’ central London gathering is this coming Saturday 24 July. Usually these meetings take place on Sunday mornings, but unusually this one is on a Saturday. This time it’s back to the usual venue, which is The Royal Hospital Chelsea. It’s all very informal, just turn up any time after 9:30 and most people drift away by 12:00. There is usually a breakfast wagon selling very good value bacon rolls and good coffee. The charge of Ł10 goes to the Chelsea Hospital Charity.

The host for these events is long-time LMC member Michael Scott and it is he who has opened up this invitation to London area LMC friends.

Michael has some very ambitious plans for a big event in September – see his website: http://www.chelseaautolegends.com/  This is in celebration of the 40th anniversary of Porsche first win at Le Mans and the filming of the classic Steve McQueen movie. More details on the website.

Details of the monthly meetings are given under the link to ‘Chelsea Rendezvous’.

I hope to be there and I know a few other Lancia colleagues plan to be there too.

Colin
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #6 on: 21 July, 2010, 11:20:28 PM »

Colin,
For us out of Towners! what is the situation regarding congestion charging on saturdays around Chelsea or indeed anywhere I'd need to pass through to get there?

Brian
8227 Cool

Dedra Technical Adviser
ColinMarr
Permanent resident

« Reply #7 on: 22 July, 2010, 07:17:36 AM »

London congestion charge only applies on weekdays, between 7:00 am and 6:00 pm.

For the Sunday morning meetings the traffic has been very light. It might be a bit busier on a Saturday, but choose your route carefully (i.e. avoid Oxford Street!) and all should be OK.

Colin
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #8 on: 22 July, 2010, 08:01:31 AM »

Since the congestion charge weekend traffic in central London is back to the levels of 20 years ago - and any time up to 10am you'll all but have the roads to yourself.   

It is possible to use a car actually as transport.

David

David Laver, Lewisham.
ColinMarr
Permanent resident

« Reply #9 on: 22 July, 2010, 07:38:54 PM »

Just to confirm:

The Chelsea Rendez-vous this Saturday, 24th July, is from 9 am  at the Royal Hospital Chelsea.  Entry is via the Chapel Gate - the middle gate on the Royal Hospital Road.

It could be that the big Classics event at Silverstone this weekend will be a clash, but for some this may not be so and this could be a much less stressful event.

Colin
ColinMarr
Permanent resident

« Reply #10 on: 24 July, 2010, 04:59:22 PM »

This was another great gathering if fine cars. This time the star of the show was a Ferrari 166 Vignale from 1953 – see photo below with it parked up beside Nick Gramaglia’s Fulvia 1600.

There were three other Lancias present – the Lambdas of John Milham and John Turner and my Fulvia.

Colin

* IMG_4450a.jpg (140.17 KB, 768x513 - viewed 483 times.)
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #11 on: 24 July, 2010, 07:42:53 PM »

I so nearly came this morning - is there somewhere for "specatator cars" to park if nothing else suitable is working?

David

David Laver, Lewisham.
Nick Gramaglia

« Reply #12 on: 25 July, 2010, 07:43:05 AM »

Hi Colin

Cheers, I enjoyed that little gathering of very expensive cars.

I thought it was nice the fella in the Ferrari was really careful opening his door so he would not mark my paintwork Smiley

Its got some interesting history

http://www.alignandpull.com/blog/?tag=1953-ferrari-166-mille-miglia
ColinMarr
Permanent resident

« Reply #13 on: 10 August, 2010, 09:27:15 AM »

The next ‘96 Club Chelsea Rendezvous’, hosted by LMC veteran member Michael Scott, will be held at the Royal Hospital Chelsea on Sunday, August 15th. Entrance will be via The Chelsea Gate on Royal Hospital Road from 9am. Michael has said that LMC members and their cars would be welcome.

There is a charge of Ł10 per car that goes to the Royal Hospital Charity. Good value real coffee and bacon rolls are usually available. 

The future dates for 96 Club Chelsea Rendezvous will be Sunday, 10th October and Sunday, 7th November.

Also, to mention the inaugural ‘Chelsea AutoLegends’ will be staged at the Royal Hospital Chelsea on Sunday, 5th September.  The event will feature many of the world's finest classic, sports, supercars and race cars as well as military and other displays - and will feature a special display of cars from the Le Mans 24 Hours race.

See this website: www.chelseaautolegends.com

At one time it was thought that the LMC might reserve some space at this AutoLegends event, but it is still open to individuals to pre-register if they wish to take part.
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #14 on: 10 August, 2010, 11:14:43 AM »

...and Viva Lancia mentioned that AutoItalia have a reserved area and gave their criteria by marque ("any Lancia" from memory) and contact details to book...

David

David Laver, Lewisham.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd