Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 10:43:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gaskets  (Read 3620 times)
davidwheeler
Permanent resident

« on: 09 June, 2010, 08:34:51 AM »

I have just had some new head gaskets made for the VIIth Lambda.  They were cut by laser from a pattern supplied by me, in reinforced carbon material with copper linings to the bores.  I supplied a pattern I had tapped out on the surface of the block and head and they sent me back a pattern cut from this.  I then put this to the car and made some small adjustments which they applied to the finished product which fits exactly.  They can make any gasket to a pattern with very great accuracy and the pattern is stored in the computer for future use.  The unit cost is £48 plus VAT for a Lambda head gasket.  They also make copper "asbestos" gaskets but at twice the price and less accuracy.  I shall post the details in the Technical Information post.  Please comment, if you wish, here and not there!

* Headgasket.jpg (257.94 KB, 1200x899 - viewed 569 times.)

David Wheeler.  Lambdas, Aprilia, Fulvia Sport.(formerly Appia and Thema as well).
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 09 June, 2010, 05:50:31 PM »

I have just had some new head gaskets made for the VIIth Lambda.  They were cut by laser from a pattern supplied by me, in reinforced carbon material with copper linings to the bores.  I supplied a pattern I had tapped out on the surface of the block and head and they sent me back a pattern cut from this.  I then put this to the car and made some small adjustments which they applied to the finished product which fits exactly.  They can make any gasket to a pattern with very great accuracy and the pattern is stored in the computer for future use.  The unit cost is £48 plus VAT for a Lambda head gasket.  They also make copper "asbestos" gaskets but at twice the price and less accuracy.  I shall post the details in the Technical Information post.  Please comment, if you wish, here and not there!

Well done, and the cost sounds very reasonable.

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
JohnMillham
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 23 March, 2014, 04:07:20 PM »

David, I need a new head gasket and have made a cardboard pattern. Where do I go from here? The bores are a bit bigger than usual and some of the water holes might be a bit different from yours.
Regards, John
davidwheeler
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 03 April, 2014, 06:13:38 PM »

In a word
http://www.dobsongasket.com/
Send them the pattern and they will make you the gasket.    I would suggest you get more than one though I don't know if this makes them any cheaper at present.   That gasket is still on and functioning perfectly.  Old Boot wears copper non-asbestos because the block is in poorer condition.
Make sure the pattern is as accurate as possible I had to have 2 or 3 goes to get it right.

David Wheeler.  Lambdas, Aprilia, Fulvia Sport.(formerly Appia and Thema as well).
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd