Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 06:53:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: fulvia sport s1  (Read 11907 times)
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #15 on: 28 July, 2010, 09:36:04 AM »

can any one point me in the direction of those 4 doors which were for sale around 6 months ago?a few hundred pounds?ebay?best regards richard

Richard,
I've just sent you a PM.

Brian

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
lee69
« Reply #16 on: 28 July, 2010, 05:59:22 PM »

Hi Richard

Well done on getting a saloon. Mine is about to undergo the same work ie everything below the door handles. If you find someone that can fabricate wheelarches for you, let me know as I will need the same. Maybe there's an economy of scale to be achieved. My original, rough quote for sills was bout double what you mention, but I now have someone that can do the job for less, but very slowly, between other jobs.

Keep us posted with the pictures, they'll prove invaluable!

"Lovely from the waist up" - I've heard that before.....

Lee
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #17 on: 30 July, 2010, 05:44:49 PM »

hi Lee,re:arches economy of scale sounds good.the simpler job should be the sills..i have  done the same job only  on one coupe and two sports so far so not sure if the saloon is the same.also i would like to fit rear belts and am hoping mounting points exist though couldnt see any when i looked briefly.anyhow i will have plenty of time once the car is delivered tomorrow.it comes with a period becker radio which works.[i still have my HMV 500T valve radio for sale if anyone is interested-which is pos.earth only ]also i was thinking for some reason i would like to fit a towbar if anyone has one for sale.best regards richard

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #18 on: 31 July, 2010, 06:27:47 PM »

car has been delivered now.looking at the doors i wonder if the best method of repair is to make skins up to the waist trim strip.i will check tomorrow how much [double?] curvature exists in these panels. the drivers door is the most needy of the four so agood place to start!

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #19 on: 02 August, 2010, 05:55:29 PM »

thanks for the info Brian although it has dissappeared from the forum my end. looking through my LMC copy i cant find those pages but bodywork notes state 'berlina s2  818.611 sills replaced by fiat 127 type with top lip removed work done by autoweld poole' is this a good course of action i wonder?

Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #20 on: 04 August, 2010, 06:01:17 PM »

have found the tech drawings in my s2 LMC manual now.thanks for your efforts Brian.all  2nd august posts have been erased from my forum pages including the Bill Lewis info- anyhow i have his details now.i have just done the oil filler/breather disassembly job and just as well looking at the mess that was once a filter[brillo pad]what is the best material to replace this.replies welcomed as ever

fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #21 on: 05 August, 2010, 12:18:25 AM »

The weird and wonderful way of computers!
Although my 2c isn't fitted with the breather assembly I believes a stainless steel scourer will probably do the trick.
By the way, I see Gordons other Fulvia the silver one on ebay went for £600+ with 18 bids, anyone know who bought it?

Brian
8227 Cool

Dedra Technical Adviser
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #22 on: 07 August, 2010, 02:03:16 PM »

instead of of s/s scourer type filter material i have use perforated zinc sheet cut into 2 discs like polos fitted horizontally with a roll of the same vertically in between.silversoldered the lid back on using a pan of water to semi immerse the lower area of the assembly and stop the zinc from melting and removed water/moisture in the oven at 105C.got a phobia about debris dropping down that breather assembly!

fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #23 on: 07 August, 2010, 11:08:44 PM »

instead of of s/s scourer type filter material i have use perforated zinc sheet cut into 2 discs like polos fitted horizontally with a roll of the same vertically in between.silversoldered the lid back on using a pan of water to semi immerse the lower area of the assembly and stop the zinc from melting and removed water/moisture in the oven at 105C.got a phobia about debris dropping down that breather assembly!

Unless your concerned about the drips, go the way of the early series 1 Fulvias and don't have the canister, just a breather tube that exits alongside the sump.

Brian
8227 Cool

Dedra Technical Adviser
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd