Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 07:50:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: fulvia sport s1  (Read 11908 times)
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« on: 09 June, 2010, 06:28:17 AM »

for sale  my fulvia sport s1 1300S ,45000 miles red professional repaint with green wilton carpets,west of england headlining,reupholstered front seats,5J steel wheels+originals,uprated radiator, oil cooler removed,subframe never welded,bare metal restoration with all parts repaired/reconditioned/replaced as necessary 7 years ago, slight pitting at bottom edge of doors,no dents,everything working, see page 16 Viva Lancia feb 2004 /also brands hatch masters recent thread for pics.selling to buy a saloon to accomodate family. not a concours show car as is used weekly in good weather[3000 miles since rebuild]. also many spares-new wheelbearings, balljoint,track rod ends,instruments,s2 wiring loom,pair ally doors+rear hatch[paint stripped]all glass except screen,driveshafts,factory parts book,manuals,front spring,steering box,s2 heads-one with vernier cams,spare cams,blocks,s2 low milage engine which i have had running very well before removing from another car[no 1600 parts available]car and parts all dry stored in my ownership price £10,500 or panels available seperately.maidstone kent 07957 292127 best regards richard

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
zagatoman
Lapsed

Looking a lot better

« Reply #1 on: 09 June, 2010, 08:34:35 AM »

Hi Richard

Sorry to see you are selling the Zagato, If I had the cash I would certainly have her. As you know I took many photos of your car when I brought the seats down to you and I was really impressed by the standard of work, could not fault it.

Probably one of the best Zagatos I have seen.

Fantastic car.

Paul

Series 1, 1.3 Fulvia Zagato 1969
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 09 June, 2010, 10:19:03 AM »

thanks for the compliment Paul,if those wheels become surplus i will let you know.following on from your unsatisfactory experience with buying parts i encountered similar today.i yesterday agreed a price on an old car requiring some restoration,borrowed money from mum and dad,arranged childcare+transportation of car then hey presto the vendor doubled the agreed price when i phoned to confirm my time of visit!at least nothing lost on this occasion and i am glad he mentioned it now rather than at his place which is a days round trip away all told-some people eh?not the first time this has happened either!best regards richard

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
zagatoman
Lapsed

Looking a lot better

« Reply #3 on: 10 June, 2010, 05:36:54 PM »

Seems to be happening more often. Recently been having bad experiences when selling on ebay, people are just not honest any more and want something for nothing then give me bad feedback, buggers. I might knock it on the had as I just cant be bothered.

Are you giving classics up or are you looking for an old estate?

Best of luck, Paul

Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 10 June, 2010, 06:36:37 PM »

when a man is tired of classics he is tired of life-wasn't that samuel somebody?having had 'classic cars' since 3 days before my driving test when i was 17 i hope that day will never come.i just need some thing with 4 seats.suggestions welcome-4 seats/not much larger than the sport/£10000 inc contingency fund/rhd/poor paint+interior not objected to

thecolonel
« Reply #5 on: 10 June, 2010, 06:54:56 PM »

Gamma Berlina - 5 seats, 4 doors, massive presence.
Dilambdaman
Permanent resident

« Reply #6 on: 10 June, 2010, 08:50:36 PM »

Richard,

Given your predilection for Fulvia's find yourself a saloon version, preferably a 2c. You won't regret it. I wish I'd never parted with mine.

Robin.

Robin Lacey 3222

1932 Dilambda
1992 Y10 GTie
2012 Delta Mk3
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #7 on: 26 July, 2010, 04:22:05 PM »

hi Robin i have now agreed to buy a s2 fulvia saloon locally-dark blue,timewarp interior with no sign of dampness-and all for the price of what i would normally use as a recommisioning budget[tyres exhaust battery brake work radiator recore etc,lovely from the waist up,needs sills for mot/4arches/4doorbottoms/mechanically excellen[touch wood]

Dilambdaman
Permanent resident

« Reply #8 on: 26 July, 2010, 10:09:52 PM »

Hi Richard,

I'm flattered - you took my advice! I'm sure you won't regret it. Little bird tells me it's a car the owner of which I had contact with last year. Lovely man but strugling to keep his Fulvia on the road.

Look forward to postings and pics of your new aquisition.

Robin.

Robin Lacey 3222

1932 Dilambda
1992 Y10 GTie
2012 Delta Mk3
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #9 on: 27 July, 2010, 05:46:07 PM »

i will have it delivered on saturday and will do a full assessment. i am planning to have the sills replaced proffessionally[whats the likely cost of this i wonder,the vendor suggests £600 but i would say more all in] and will fix anything else myself.i am not sure whether to replace or repair the doors as they have a lovely closing action as they are.wheelarches will stay as they are[rusty] until i can come up with something.those fabrications on the zagato thread look impressive!.anyhow will try to get it mot'd for £1200 or less[i understand the inspection fee has risen again to 65£!]i have some leather seats which i wanted to use in somethinng but this car has a lovely interior which i wont mess with and the floor/carpets/soundproofing is bone dry which is very welcome and was not always a feature in some of my previous cars[i can still smell one old fiat 124s carpet thinking about it, a £50 bargain those were the days !

zagatoman
Lapsed

Looking a lot better

« Reply #10 on: 27 July, 2010, 07:35:13 PM »

Hi Richard

What about Bill Lewis, couldn't he help you with the wheel arches?. I recently got all the sections made to sort out the rear of my Zagato, Fantastic.

Is your new car the dark blue Fulvia saloon that was advertised in the classic car weekly with a cloth interior?. I was a bit tempted by this car, it also needed the sills doing.

Hope you are going to be putting some nice pictures on the forum when you get stuck in.

Have you sold that gorgeous. Zagato yet, give you £1000 and I will take it off your hands (I wish).

Good luck, Paul
« Last Edit: 27 July, 2010, 07:45:13 PM by zagatoman » Logged

Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #11 on: 27 July, 2010, 08:11:57 PM »

who did the rest of the work? ,looks good .if all cars could be bought at a 90% reduction of asking price it woulld be a perfect world!

zagatoman
Lapsed

Looking a lot better

« Reply #12 on: 27 July, 2010, 08:30:20 PM »

Hi Richard, the body was in relatively good condition just needed stripping down, Bill made the replacement sections for the all the lower wings.

Just need to find the time to do the back.

fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #13 on: 27 July, 2010, 10:23:31 PM »

i will have it delivered on saturday and will do a full assessment. i am planning to have the sills replaced proffessionally[whats the likely cost of this i wonder,the vendor suggests £600 but i would say more all in] and will fix anything else myself.i am not sure whether to replace or repair the doors as they have a lovely closing action as they are.wheelarches will stay as they are[rusty] until i can come up with something.those fabrications on the zagato thread look impressive!.anyhow will try to get it mot'd for £1200 or less[i understand the inspection fee has risen again to 65£!]i have some leather seats which i wanted to use in somethinng but this car has a lovely interior which i wont mess with and the floor/carpets/soundproofing is bone dry which is very welcome and was not always a feature in some of my previous cars[i can still smell one old fiat 124s carpet thinking about it, a £50 bargain those were the days !

about 6-7 years ago I had the bottom 2 inches cut out of my front doors and replaced, just depends on how bad the doors are, but even if you change the doors you should still get the same clunk as long as they are hung correctly; problem is that if you're after good doors you might have to get them on the Continent where there are more available  (particularly Italy), but I think you will be exceedingly lucky to find any good ones in the UK.

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #14 on: 28 July, 2010, 05:55:19 AM »

can any one point me in the direction of those 4 doors which were for sale around 6 months ago?a few hundred pounds?ebay?best regards richard

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd