Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 07:43:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Enquiry re Paul Howarth and racing Fulvias  (Read 4180 times)
fensaddler
Lapsed
Permanent resident

« on: 28 May, 2010, 08:12:35 AM »

I've had the following enquiry.  Can anyone shed any light?

"hi there,

i currently have a firend who owns a lancia fulvia road race trim 1969.. and someone recently asked him if paul howarth own or raced his car previously unfortunetly i personally dont know who he is? , and wether i can find this info out from somewhere, all i know is that he raced two of them according to one person who has asked me, so are you able to help or tell me where to look for info about paul howarth?

regards

Jim"

Chris Owen
1987 Delta 1.3LX
2012 Skoda Yeti 112TSi 4WD
ncundy
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

« Reply #1 on: 28 May, 2010, 11:47:21 AM »

That question has already been answered on the EBay advert by the current owner?? Seems strange it's being asked again.

There is a picture of it being raced here, from the previous advert in 2004

http://www.motorsnippets.com/classifieds_search_first.asp?SaleWanted=Offered&Category=Classic+Racers

1969 Fanalone, Mazda RX-8, Fiat Multipla
ColinMarr
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 28 May, 2010, 06:46:27 PM »

Paul Howarth raced three Fulvias – two Coupes and one Sport. Paul was very active in historic racing in 1994 and 1995 prior to his untimely death in 1996. There is a lot about his exploits in Viva Lancia! of the period. (All we need is a searchable online data base to dig out all this lovely stuff!)

Here are three scans from different copies of Viva Lancia to show each car. The RHD Coupe was converted back into a road car and was owned (and sold) by Ian Conway about six years ago when it was a sweet and docile car with no evidence of its racing past. The Zagato was acquired by Louise Kennedy who raced it very successfully for a few years after 2002 and it is now back in race trim for FIA competitions. Louis had it at the recent Goodwood track-day and it looked and sounded wonderful.

Colin

* HowarthCoupea.jpg (105.42 KB, 683x768 - viewed 361 times.)

* HowarthCoupeLHDa.jpg (106.27 KB, 768x406 - viewed 388 times.)

* HowarthZagatoa.jpg (136.01 KB, 768x615 - viewed 371 times.)
super_golfer
« Reply #3 on: 17 November, 2010, 09:24:30 AM »

Colin

Would it be possible to let me know what copy of Viva Lancia you scanned the picture of the LHD Fulvia of Paul Howarth please. For some reason I cannot open these jpeg postings on this forum, and I'd like to look at this picture.  By the way, what happens to pictures submitted to the magazine - does the club keep a copy of them?

Cheers

Gil
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 17 November, 2010, 10:05:05 AM »

i think one of those[the one with the sunroof?]was also one of three prepared by Mike Spence Racing for HSCC driven by ??Richard Batchelor or ??Michael Truelove.it was then advertised for sale needing bodywork etc.best regards richard 

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
ColinMarr
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 17 November, 2010, 04:06:38 PM »

Gil,

It would be easier for me to email you the JPGs direct, which I will do. I will look back into the VLs if you want me to, but it will not be quick!

Do you own one of the cars?

Colin
super_golfer
« Reply #6 on: 17 November, 2010, 08:20:11 PM »

Colin

Many Thanks. I own the Fulvia Coupe ONN 2P, and am interested in any info regarding the car or Paul Howarth.

Cheers

Gil
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd